The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Still can remember this day unfolding hour by hour. Likely always will. :(

1817_1346435123.jpg
Someone said on the news today, that this was our "Pearl Harbor", that is a good analogy.

betty rose

I actually had two very fun-cool science teachers in junior high in 7th grade in No Cal, Mr. Briscoe and Mrs. Baker. It was a large class and they were co-teachers.
And, here in Texas, my sophomore year HS biology teacher, Mr. Paul, was a hoot-and-a-half, as well...! :)
Now that I think of it, I had a great psychology teacher, Mr. Fleck, he was upbeat and funny.

betty rose

I totally agree with your outlook. I wish I could be more positive at this time, but it's difficult when there's so much negative energy in my own household right now. We still have to wait until the end of the year before we can finalize the divorce and live separately (assuming we can agree to a settlement without going to court). :banghead:

But, I have to say that chatting with all of you on this thread has really helped keep me distracted and feel some semblance of normalcy throughout this process. Plus, it's nice to have a place where I don't feel like I'm being judged or criticized. So thank you! :inlove:
I'm sending you special xoxo's. I am glad you are a part of our "family". :happy::inlove:

betty rose

No, more like a premonition. Not surprising, as you mentioned in a previous post your spiritual connections with family members. I think you may have "the gift". :cat:
My first premonition came at 18, I was on a date with my future hubby, at the time. This thought flashed in my mind. That someone had just died in the family. No one was sick, but I've learned to listen to that little voice (except for the car thingy,ha). Anyway when we returned to my house, all the lights were on, so I knew something was up. My grandpa had a heart attack and died.

Last edited:

Songbird76

I'm like that since my stroke, and haven't driven since. I do take the written drivers test for id purposes only. I'm glad our area has a little bus that will take you to the store. Now, I really feel old!
Yeah, I worry about my dad. He has poor reflexes and he drives REALLY slowly, but misses things. He's just not as observant as he was and he was never the best driver. He tends to forget to keep his eyes on the road and his hands on the wheel. He really shouldn't be driving at all, and his doctor said so, but because he lives alone on a ranch, 20 miles from civilization, he let him keep his license.

MOXOMUMD

Yeah there were always many on my dessert plate. Betting there is a thread back a ways devoted to Cape May discontinuing the Oreo BonBons. At one point Beach Club marketplace still had the bon bons in their carry out section. I wasn't there on my last trip so I don't know if they still do. @StarWarsGirl95 might. If they do you could have an amazing pot roast open face sandwich at Beaches & Cream and pick up dessert on the way out if it is all still available.
Yummy. From the Disney Food Blog
View attachment 110190
Ummm yes please! :hungry: I would devour that.

Songbird76

I'm glad I'm going to be very busy today, I just realized today is 9/11. I'll never forget getting a phone call right when the first plane hit as a friend of mine was parking his car going into work and saw it. I was on the phone with him when the second plane hit. I was lucky I didn't lose anybody, but it took 3 days to find all my friends and family who were in the area when it happened If you get a minute remember those who were lost and the first responders.
Hubby and I were in bed. My mom called and told me to go turn on the TV. It was a week and a half before our wedding. We went to DisneyWorld on our honeymoon and it was all but deserted. We had no wait times at all except on It's a Small World, and then only because they had to wait for a boat so we could have our own. We stayed at a timeshare of a friend of mine and it was practically empty, too. No one dared to fly and security was insanely tight. My in-laws barely made it over for our wedding as international flights opened up the day of their flight. Everyone was just so afraid of everything....really hard time.

Songbird76

I totally agree with your outlook. I wish I could be more positive at this time, but it's difficult when there's so much negative energy in my own household right now. We still have to wait until the end of the year before we can finalize the divorce and live separately (assuming we can agree to a settlement without going to court). :banghead:

But, I have to say that chatting with all of you on this thread has really helped keep me distracted and feel some semblance of normalcy throughout this process. Plus, it's nice to have a place where I don't feel like I'm being judged or criticized. So thank you! :inlove:
This really is a nice thread. It's fun to read when I have a bit of time. Glad you're here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom