The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
DVR alert, Monday and Tuesday American Experience (PBS) is doing a 2 parter on Walt Disney. I saw a preview and it looks like it might be good.

I've also been aware of this upcoming show. The preview was a bit bizarre, though, and I'll leave it at that. It will be interesting to see how they handle the 2-part show, and I'm hoping they'll balance out the various pros and cons.

Figgy1

Happy Friday to all of you! Where did the week go? Everything seemed to go by way too quickly. My dh is giving me Sunday off because he's taking the boys to his parent's for grandparent's day to do yard work. Yea! I think he's trying to make up for the fact he got me a pouring shield for my mixer's bowl and didn't check to make sure it's the right size for it:cautious: now I have to go way out of my way to exchange it. It's the thought that counts, sometimes I wish he wouldn't be so helpful because it makes extra work for me.:confused:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I totally agree with your outlook. I wish I could be more positive at this time, but it's difficult when there's so much negative energy in my own household right now. We still have to wait until the end of the year before we can finalize the divorce and live separately (assuming we can agree to a settlement without going to court). :banghead:

But, I have to say that chatting with all of you on this thread has really helped keep me distracted and feel some semblance of normalcy throughout this process. Plus, it's nice to have a place where I don't feel like I'm being judged or criticized. So thank you! :inlove:

We're glad you're here! Actually, knowing about your home situation for some time now, I've thought that you've still (somehow) been able to contribute a lot here to the various conversations. The fact that you can detach for a while each day, from that other stressor in your life, shows strength and balance. Not everyone can do that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Happy Friday to all of you! Where did the week go? Everything seemed to go by way too quickly. My dh is giving me Sunday off because he's taking the boys to his parent's for grandparent's day to do yard work. Yea! I think he's trying to make up for the fact he got me a pouring shield for my mixer's bowl and didn't check to make sure it's the right size for it:cautious: now I have to go way out of my way to exchange it. It's the thought that counts, sometimes I wish he wouldn't be so helpful because it makes extra work for me.:confused:

Hee, hee . . . reminds me of one of my brothers, when I was a kid. He always wanted to "help" and would invariably mess up whatever it was, that he was "helping" with. Finally, after a few disasters :rolleyes: :joyfull: , my father would just yell at him, "Resist the urge! Don't help!!" :p

Figgy1

I'm glad I'm going to be very busy today, I just realized today is 9/11. I'll never forget getting a phone call right when the first plane hit as a friend of mine was parking his car going into work and saw it. I was on the phone with him when the second plane hit. I was lucky I didn't lose anybody, but it took 3 days to find all my friends and family who were in the area when it happened If you get a minute remember those who were lost and the first responders.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm glad I'm going to be very busy today, I just realized today is 9/11. I'll never forget getting a phone call right when the first plane hit as a friend of mine was parking his car going into work and saw it. I was on the phone with him when the second plane hit. I was lucky I didn't lose anybody, but it took 3 days to find all my friends and family who were in the area when it happened If you get a minute remember those who were lost and the first responders.

Yah, we all have our own somber memories of that dreadful day. And, to think that I was enjoying the swimming pool at the Marriott WTC one morning; and that evening, sipping a cocktail with a friend up in Wild Blue, on the 107th floor of the North Tower . . . just about 2 weeks before that date . . .

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
jeez us blokes can't win :(

betty rose

Don't get me wrong I severely dislike snow, but there is something fun about walking outside in a light snow. It feels kind of magical, like walking in a snowglobe.
I joke about snow and cold, I hate cold more than snow. I love turning on the fireplace when it's snowing outside, drinking hot chocolate and reading a good book. That's a nice winter day. I just don't like to get out in the fluffy white stuff!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Still can remember this day unfolding hour by hour. Likely always will. :(

1817_1346435123.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom