The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Actually, it only took one year, but, I have a flair for the dramatic.

c8a62d05b1d6a60afffa788f7af8dead.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Well, we were supposed to go up to my grandmother's today. But my almost-99-year-old step-grandfather thought that moving a tractor out of the shed by himself was a decent idea. My uncle, who owns a custom cabinetry company and who moves heavy stuff all of the time, was up there and could have easily done it himself, but step-grandfather decided to do it himself and told no one until my grandmother found him laying in the yard. They are hoping that it's just a bad sprain. But my grandmother now has to take him to the emergency room. Ugh.

catmom46

My daughter can't eat a lot of watermelon. She LOVES it, but if she eats more than just a few bites she'll spend the night on the toilet. (Sorry if that's TMI). And I've heard that that is a problem with many people. She can have a little bit and be fine, but apparently there's something in watermelon that can upset your stomach.

I love watermelon, too. It's one of the few fruits I can eat because it's not acidic. So no apples, strawberries, oranges, pineapple for me, unless it's in a smoothie! Not because of stomach issues, but sensitive teeth. Darn my receded gums!! :in pain:

catmom46

My mom made a lemon meringue pie once and thought the salt said tablespoons instead of teaspoons. Nasty!
As for coffee, I don't drink it and my husband really either, but it's expected that it will be served here when someone comes to your home. So, we do have a coffee machine and I watched my MIL make it and wrote it down and taped it too the front of the machine, but somehow, I don't know how, but the next time we made coffee, we followed the directions I wrote down and the amount of coffee was DOUBLE what it should have been and no one could drink it.

That's because it was espresso. ;)

Goofyernmost

Oof. Sorry. The fact that you can still run your computer and use it in safe mode is good. It means all of your files should still be there, and there's a good chance that your family members can figure out what's going on. But even if you need a new one (which would depend on the computer's age and if it's a desktop or laptop), your files all being there means they can be transferred. Better than having your hard drive fail, which is what happened to me last year. Lesson learned; important stuff is on flash drives or in a cloud storage database.
It's a desktop and only three years old. It really is odd. I tried running my Kaspersky scan two times and it froze up twice at different spots and couldn't continue. I tried it on Safe Mode and it finish scanning over a million and a half files and came up with no virus problems, so I have exhausted my personal savvy with computers and have to call help in. I tried, after the fact to backup on a flash drive, but, it wouldn't do it... at least not that I could tell. The thing freezes up the minute I click on "backup".

Sorry about the DVD player too. The good thing is that Blue Ray players (which also play DVDs) are quite inexpensive now. DVD players are also pretty cheap as well, but I'd upgrade to a Blue Ray player at this point.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My mom made a lemon meringue pie once and thought the salt said tablespoons instead of teaspoons. Nasty!
As for coffee, I don't drink it and my husband really either, but it's expected that it will be served here when someone comes to your home. So, we do have a coffee machine and I watched my MIL make it and wrote it down and taped it too the front of the machine, but somehow, I don't know how, but the next time we made coffee, we followed the directions I wrote down and the amount of coffee was DOUBLE what it should have been and no one could drink it.
I would take that challenge :)

catmom46

Well, we were supposed to go up to my grandmother's today. But my almost-99-year-old step-grandfather thought that moving a tractor out of the shed by himself was a decent idea. My uncle, who owns a custom cabinetry company and who moves heavy stuff all of the time, was up there and could have easily done it himself, but step-grandfather decided to do it himself and told no one until my grandmother found him laying in the yard. They are hoping that it's just a bad sprain. But my grandmother now has to take him to the emergency room. Ugh.

Hope he's OK! I can imagine it's tough getting older but still wanting to be able to do stuff on your own. At some point, though, you have to come to terms that you can't. :(

StarWarsGirl

Since I'm not there looking at your computer, I can't say for certain, but I would uninstall Kaspersky and see what happens. My father had it on his desktop for a while. I wasn't a fan of it then because I had it on my laptop for a while, and it slowed things down, but when I told him that, he basically told me to quit being a know-it-all about computers; that he'd been using one for much longer than me and ergo knew better. Then, he began having trouble with his desktop running really slowly and crashing. And then he called me in to figure it out. I uninstalled Kaspersky, ran Windows Defender (free antivirus software), found and cleared some viruses that Kaspersky had missed, and then had Kaspersky refund him the money for his subscription. I don't think that anti-virus programs are worth it, not when you have Windows Defender, which does exactly the same thing without slowing your computer down, for free. Now I'm not saying this is 100% what's happening with your computer, but uninstalling it is at least something you can try. You can always reinstall it if it turns out to be something different.

Cesar R M

Not a good week for electronics. First, my phone has been acting freaky by deleting my contacts, quite randomly, to the point where I have to go into backup to restore them two to three times a day. They told me it was Clouds fault. I don't care whose fault it is... fix it!

Then my Computer decided that it was time to go to that big computer storeroom in the sky, I guess. Maybe it's fixable, I have informed my related by blood computer experts and we are going to see if it's fixable. In the meantime, I limit my usage to "Safe Mode" because otherwise everything just freezes up.

So because I have been forced to cut down on my computer stupor, I thought well, hey, why not watch a few DVD's that I hadn't seen in awhile. Wanna guess what happened there? Of course, the DVD player has also died, probably out of neglect.

On top of that I don't even want to talk about what Wall Street has been doing to ruin my retirement. So, I'm not going to talk about that. I'm thinking that this was not a good year for me to let my sister, to talk me into that trip to Europe.

Anyway, that's the end of my Saturday mid-day whining. No guarantee that it won't come back up later in the day though. :banghead:

I'm currently using Safe Mode on a limited basis until we can figure this out.
be careful with phones lately.. there is a new trojan spreading to both Apple and Android side.. that steals your information.. and accounts.. then deletes random stuff.

Cesar R M

My daughter can't eat a lot of watermelon. She LOVES it, but if she eats more than just a few bites she'll spend the night on the toilet. (Sorry if that's TMI). And I've heard that that is a problem with many people. She can have a little bit and be fine, but apparently there's something in watermelon that can upset your stomach.
Funny thing is.. there is actually a Mexican recommendation when eating watermelon.
Never eat it after 9:00 pm.
Watermelon and Sleeping cycles DO NOT GO WELL (including severe gas, diarreha and other stuff)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom