The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

@figmentfan423 @catmom46 @StarWarsGirl95
I Am Groot
Snow watch day 20 . . . Still Nothing :(
View attachment 109355
giphy.gif

Goofyernmost

Not a good week for electronics. First, my phone has been acting freaky by deleting my contacts, quite randomly, to the point where I have to go into backup to restore them two to three times a day. They told me it was Clouds fault. I don't care whose fault it is... fix it!

Then my Computer decided that it was time to go to that big computer storeroom in the sky, I guess. Maybe it's fixable, I have informed my related by blood computer experts and we are going to see if it's fixable. In the meantime, I limit my usage to "Safe Mode" because otherwise everything just freezes up.

So because I have been forced to cut down on my computer stupor, I thought well, hey, why not watch a few DVD's that I hadn't seen in awhile. Wanna guess what happened there? Of course, the DVD player has also died, probably out of neglect.

On top of that I don't even want to talk about what Wall Street has been doing to ruin my retirement. So, I'm not going to talk about that. I'm thinking that this was not a good year for me to let my sister, to talk me into that trip to Europe.

Anyway, that's the end of my Saturday mid-day whining. No guarantee that it won't come back up later in the day though. :banghead:

I'm currently using Safe Mode on a limited basis until we can figure this out.

catmom46

Not a good week for electronics. First, my phone has been acting freaky by deleting my contacts, quite randomly, to the point where I have to go into backup to restore them two to three times a day. They told me it was Clouds fault. I don't care whose fault it is... fix it!

Then my Computer decided that it was time to go to that big computer storeroom in the sky, I guess. Maybe it's fixable, I have informed my related by blood computer experts and we are going to see if it's fixable. In the meantime, I limit my usage to "Safe Mode" because otherwise everything just freezes up.

So because I have been forced to cut down on my computer stupor, I thought well, hey, why not watch a few DVD's that I hadn't seen in awhile. Wanna guess what happened there? Of course, the DVD player has also died, probably out of neglect.

On top of that I don't even want to talk about what Wall Street has been doing to ruin my retirement. So, I'm not going to talk about that. I'm thinking that this was not a good year for me to let my sister, to talk me into that trip to Europe.

Anyway, that's the end of my Saturday mid-day whining. No guarantee that it won't come back up later in the day though. :banghead:

Hopefully everything is fixable - it sucks to be so reliant on technology sometimes. I guess your other option now is to revert to the "old days" of actually talking to someone in person or going to the movie theater.

As for whining, no worries about that. If I could whine right now about how carppy my divorce is going, I would. Oh wait...

Songbird76

That's quite a list. Just curious, why watermelon?
My daughter can't eat a lot of watermelon. She LOVES it, but if she eats more than just a few bites she'll spend the night on the toilet. (Sorry if that's TMI). And I've heard that that is a problem with many people. She can have a little bit and be fine, but apparently there's something in watermelon that can upset your stomach.

Goofyernmost

Hopefully everything is fixable - it sucks to be so reliant on technology sometimes. I guess your other option now is to revert to the "old days" of actually talking to someone in person or going to the movie theater.

As for whining, no worries about that. If I could whine right now about how carppy my divorce is going, I would. Oh wait...
Been there, done that, but, that was 15 years ago. I'm feeling much better now!

Songbird76

Ha! I've got one for you, too. We'll file both yours and mine under Stupid Kitchen Mistakes.

I was about 18 at the time, and I had never made coffee. So, I was up early on a weekend, and I thought I'd make a pot for my parents and myself. I had observed my mother put the water in the Mr. Coffee machine, and then add the coffee and turn it on. Easy. So I filled the coffeemaker with water and added the coffee . . . Nescafe instant coffee . . . :hilarious: :hilarious: :rolleyes: I didn't realize there was a difference in brewing ground coffee from instant!
My mom made a lemon meringue pie once and thought the salt said tablespoons instead of teaspoons. Nasty!
As for coffee, I don't drink it and my husband really either, but it's expected that it will be served here when someone comes to your home. So, we do have a coffee machine and I watched my MIL make it and wrote it down and taped it too the front of the machine, but somehow, I don't know how, but the next time we made coffee, we followed the directions I wrote down and the amount of coffee was DOUBLE what it should have been and no one could drink it.

StarWarsGirl

Oof. Sorry. The fact that you can still run your computer and use it in safe mode is good. It means all of your files should still be there, and there's a good chance that your family members can figure out what's going on. But even if you need a new one (which would depend on the computer's age and if it's a desktop or laptop), your files all being there means they can be transferred. Better than having your hard drive fail, which is what happened to me last year. Lesson learned; important stuff is on flash drives or in a cloud storage database.

Sorry about the DVD player too. The good thing is that Blue Ray players (which also play DVDs) are quite inexpensive now. DVD players are also pretty cheap as well, but I'd upgrade to a Blue Ray player at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom