The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

The first day of school they get to sit pretty much where they want, then a seating chart is made so they are stuck there for the rest of the quarter. He lucked out and all his friends grabbed a table together. Sometimes they don't get that lucky. They all made it to the lunch room early. Sometimes at lunch they have games after eating and the person next to you is your partner for those and you're never quite sure which person next to you is going to be your partner.
I never heard of assigned seats during lunch. In our schools you go to lunch with your class then you can sit wherever you want.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So someone threw a rock in my pool the other day. This is the 2nd time someone has done this (with the first being in the winter a few years ago and as a result completely up the pool cover), and while the rock wasnt huge, it still could of put a hole in the liner. I have an idea of who it could be in my area, and im hoping to catch them in the act next time i can make them eat the damn thing before they throw it.

1z6a41u.jpg

Goofyernmost

I went to public school all the way through and I was still shy and awkward around boys. They might as well been from an alien planet, too! Were you like the kid at the end of Inside-Out that Riley runs into at the hockey game?
I probably was! As a kid I had a pretty quick mind that tended toward funny. I could come up with double entendre's in nano seconds and spent most of my High School years making people laugh. I still managed to squeak by and pass everything, but, let's just say that the National Honor Society didn't have my name on speed dial. Caught all kinds of grief for doing the same thing in college.

I continued that way through most of my life, sometimes to my benefit and sometimes to my loss. When it came time for my Daughters to go to high school, they were bonafide top achievers, but, had, for defense, learned to be pretty quick with the responses as well. The went to a city high school because the town we lived in couldn't afford a high school of our own. I advised them, at the time, to be less concerned about fitting in and much more concerned about their own future and their place in it. Like I said, they were smart girls and followed that advice and it has paid off big time for them. I have also told my story to my grandchildren under the heading of what not to do. Be like your mothers, not like your grandfather, although he is totally cool in every way.

Of course, all things change, I have now become a grumpy (according to @JenniferS), solemn, ultra conservative transplanted yankee with limited knowledge, money and future. Whatayagonna do!:grumpy::)

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
So some threw a rock in my pool the other day. This is the 2nd time someone has done this (with the first being in the winter a few years ago and as a result completely up the pool cover), and while the rock wasnt huge, it still could of put a hole in the liner. I have an idea of who it could be in my area, and im hoping to catch them in the act next time i can make them eat the damn thing before they throw it.

1z6a41u.jpg
Sympathy like get a security camera a when the people are caught call the cops. Revenge isn't all that sweet when it get turned into he said he said with cross complaints

MOXOMUMD

So some t threw a rock in my pool the other day. This is the 2nd time someone has done this (with the first being in the winter a few years ago and as a result completely up the pool cover), and while the rock wasnt huge, it still could of put a hole in the liner. I have an idea of who it could be in my area, and im hoping to catch them in the act next time i can make them eat the damn thing before they throw it.

1z6a41u.jpg
Sorry to hear that and I know you're mad but this is a family site. Please respect @The Mom 's thread and refrain from swearing. Thank you.

Cesar R M

What's a nap? I've heard stories, I not sure I believe them:confused:
The amazing adventures of humans doing a triple summersault deluxe jamba mamba jump on to your bed or couch rivalling the jumps of the famous Keiko whale (Free Willy).
Then you just flop there and snooze like a cat.

anyway.. being serious. I'm a IT engineer, and my hours are completely crapastic.
so I have to take naps.
I pretty much have my 8 hour sleeping schedule split in 2.
and I sometimes go to sleep at 4:00 am.

Cesar R M

This is a big of deja vu here. I recall my own parents making almost exactly the same comment about my music idols, back in the day. ;)

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Sure, some of them are definitely pretentious idiots, but there are quite a few other decent and talented musicians who end up getting a bad rap, due to the adverse actions of the ones making the most noise, and getting the most press.
I think the cycle will continue. I mean.. current parents say the same about how pretentiously idiotic the current artists are (see Kanye and Bieber)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom