The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

My baby is home and he survived. He's happy he got the lunch partner he wanted, she's nice. His bus partner is also very sweet. This year is going to be interesting:hilarious:
Yea @figmentfan423. It's nice to know he is paired with good nice kids. Makes all the difference. A really nice teacher helps too. Our boys have been pretty lucky in that department, they have both liked all their elementary teachers.

betty rose

We use to do that too! We have the longest breakfast that some years we stayed long enough to order lunch. :)

We when they were small all went together in the neighborhood to shop for school supplies. We'd have dinner, each kid got their own shopping cart when we hit up Target and then we all went out to an ice cream parlor after. It was a fun tradition.
Our schools sold school supplies at the school bookstore. So everyone got the "approved" supplies. No individuality encouraged back in those days. Or more probably, just not that much to choose .:(

betty rose

Yep, my grandparents on my moms side only had one outhouse until the mid '80's. Then, they added on an actual full bath. Before that, when I was a child, I even remember taking baths in a large galvenized tub with water that was heated on the stove and cold water from the kitchen sink.
Grandparents on pops side (although they still had an outhouse, as well) had a bath tub and a commode in two separate, very small rooms, off a screened-in back porch, as far back as I can remember. No running hot water for the tub. Water was heated up in a big pot on the stove, and then mixed with the cold from the tub faucet.
Good times...! :happy: ;)
I experienced that as well. ;)

betty rose

Hey y'all, got back from DL about 90 minutes ago and I'm exhausted. Plus I have over 300 photos to go through but I hope to post a bunch tomorrow night. I did conquer this mountain 3 times, though! :happy:

20150831_102620.jpg
Thanks for posting, looking forward to more pictures!:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Goofyernmost

Well, considering how much of an uproar there was when Clinton admitted he had once smoked Marijuana, I wonder how many people would actually vote for someone who admittedly gets high before he performs.
Seriously, his drug use is the least of his problems. I wouldn't lose to much sleep over it. Most of his fans couldn't find their way to the tolling place anyway.

betty rose

This is a big of deja vu here. I recall my own parents making almost exactly the same comment about my music idols, back in the day. ;)

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Sure, some of them are definitely pretentious idiots, but there are quite a few other decent and talented musicians who end up getting a bad rap, due to the adverse actions of the ones making the most noise, and getting the most press.
@MinnieM123, I love your balanced perspective.

betty rose

Happy Tuesday, another happy day her as it's going to be glorious (@MinnieM123 cover your eyes) 90 something and sunny! A couple of nice short walks and a dip in the pool are in order today! I love this weather and can't wait to get back to Florida. Only 11 more months LOL Which reminds me happy September!
You will be so glad to get to go back. I love the atmosphere in all of Florida, and especially DW.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom