The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

For those who didn't watch the MTV Music Video Awards last night (I never watch it), I saw a few clips on the early morning news. Apparently, Kanye West announced on stage last night that he was going to run for president of the U.S., in the 2020 election. o_O

Yep, I heard about the show on the radio on my drive to DL this morning (I also never watch it). It's pretty sad that these celebrities are looked up to by today's youth. They're all a bunch of pretentious idiots IMHO.

Cesar R M

JGVT2bX.gif

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, I heard about the show on the radio on my drive to DL this morning (I also never watch it). It's pretty sad that these celebrities are looked up to by today's youth. They're all a bunch of pretentious idiots IMHO.

This is a big of deja vu here. I recall my own parents making almost exactly the same comment about my music idols, back in the day. ;)

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Sure, some of them are definitely pretentious idiots, but there are quite a few other decent and talented musicians who end up getting a bad rap, due to the adverse actions of the ones making the most noise, and getting the most press.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you, he picked it out himself

I have to smile. My brothers and I all went to a parochial grammar school. My brothers had pressed, white collared shirts and ties, dark dress slacks, and dark dress shoes they had to wear every day. (I had an ugly uniform.) I guess the old style dress code has changed, big time! :p (Then again, I assume your boy is in public school, and their dress code standards were always more relaxed.) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom