The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I took mine for granted as well after I was done with braces. I spent so much time at the dentist and orthodontist growing up. My teeth were too big for my mouth, plus a terrible underbite. Had to remove some permanent teeth (wisdom teeth all gone, too) and wore all sorts of unpleasant gear. You'd think I would've done more to maintain after all that, but I wasn't into flossing or brushing twice a day for a while and then I ended up having a tooth pulled several years ago. Now I treat them like gold! I love my Sonicare toothbrush. :inlove:
What I like best about my situation is that the last (suspected) cavity I had was 47 years ago. So when the dentist wants to make an extra $100.00 they tell me that I am due for xrays. I tell them... if they can give me a good reason why I should think that I have a cavity, that they can't see and I can't feel, I will be happy to submit to the extra costs. Otherwise, I'll let you know if I start to have tooth problems.

My Grandson has similar problems as you with his mouth. In his case it is his mouth structure that is to small for the number of teeth that he has coming or potentially coming and they want to do the same thing. His teeth are very straight as they sit now and his parents are wrestling with whether or not they should pursue this $3K procedure which will involve pulling some permanent teeth just so another permanent tooth can grow out. It ends up being a zero net gain. They are waiting for answers to those questions before proceeding. I suggested that they just have them all pulled and only feed him mashed potatoes which is pretty much all he eats now.

MouseDreaming

Well, whatever works for you. That's one of the beauties of the plan. The best part is continued use of this procedure might eventually create a situation where someone complains about the disarray. Then you hand them the list and tell them to let you know when it gets completed. All the while saying in an authoritative voice..."ain't no one got no time for that".
Sheer genius!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Here's how I would approach that problem. First I would clear out a space on my table (or desk) get out a pad of paper. Then make a list of all that needs to be done, pausing quite often to make sure that you are not missing anything. Have a nice glass of iced tea and then maybe some lunch.

After lunch, readdress the list and cross off the items that are not urgent and only in the beginning stages of disorganization. Take what is left over and attempt to prioritize the list in order of urgency. Take time out because everybody knows what happens to people that are all work and no play. TV is a good way to relax those brain cells to keep them at top efficiency. A reality show or soap should work to reinvigorate those tired old cells. That should take you to dinner time so put that list in a prominent place so you don't forget it.

After dinner is, of course, family time as well as getting caught up on the posts that you missed while spending time on your organize list. That should take you to bed time. Since the existence of that list will probably keep you awake, I would recommend throwing it out, burn it if you have a fireplace, and get some sleep because tomorrow you have to redo the list and you will need your energy.

Apparently, both you and I have the same approach to cleaning . . .:D

donaldtoo

Speaking from experience? LOL There are some things I miss from that age and some I don't. Except for the food bill I don't mind my boys most days! And they are really good at lawn moving and snow removal, hoping I won't need their skills for that latter any time soon.!

This morning, myself and some younger coworkers had a fun conversation about family, raising children, etc.. Some with young children, others getting ready to start a family, others without.
They seemed pretty surprised, in a good way, about how deep I went into it, 'cause I'm normally a little more reserved.
Anyway, I told them to cherish every silly little moment, no matter how crazy it can be, have a sense of humor, and spend as much time with those kiddos as is reasonably possible. You'll NEVER regret it.
And, it goes sooooo very quickly, so...don't blink...! ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well I'm off to a birthday party...who's birthday party?! It's Disneyland's party. Heading out to California for a few days. I will try to post some while I'm out there but I definitely will when I come back. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but my app for this site on my phone has been buggy lady. It won't let me post pictures and randomly exits and goes to an ad. Anyone else have that issue? Later peeps!

Wow!!! Have a GREAT time!!! :happy: :happy:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And something nice to say about Illinois:

164 skydivers smash head-down world record in Illinois, some hitting speeds exceeding 200mph

AP

VerticalSkydiving1.jpg

Fox

catmom46

This morning, myself and some younger coworkers had a fun conversation about family, raising children, etc.. Some with young children, others getting ready to start a family, others without.
They seemed pretty surprised, in a good way, about how deep I went into it, 'cause I'm normally a little more reserved.
Anyway, I told them to cherish every silly little moment, no matter how crazy it can be, have a sense of humor, and spend as much time with those kiddos as is reasonably possible. You'll NEVER regret it.
And, it goes sooooo very quickly, so...don't blink...! ;)

You're reserved? I wouldn't have thought that. :cat:

catmom46

Well I'm off to a birthday party...who's birthday party?! It's Disneyland's party. Heading out to California for a few days. I will try to post some while I'm out there but I definitely will when I come back. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but my app for this site on my phone has been buggy lady. It won't let me post pictures and randomly exits and goes to an ad. Anyone else have that issue? Later peeps!

Or better yet, tell me which days you'll be there so I can play a live version of "Where's @ajrwdwgirl?" :p

catmom46

What I like best about my situation is that the last (suspected) cavity I had was 47 years ago. So when the dentist wants to make an extra $100.00 they tell me that I am due for xrays. I tell them... if they can give me a good reason why I should think that I have a cavity, that they can't see and I can't feel, I will be happy to submit to the extra costs. Otherwise, I'll let you know if I start to have tooth problems.

My Grandson has similar problems as you with his mouth. In his case it is his mouth structure that is to small for the number of teeth that he has coming or potentially coming and they want to do the same thing. His teeth are very straight as they sit now and his parents are wrestling with whether or not they should pursue this $3K procedure which will involve pulling some permanent teeth just so another permanent tooth can grow out. It ends up being a zero net gain. They are waiting for answers to those questions before proceeding. I suggested that they just have them all pulled and only feed him mashed potatoes which is pretty much all he eats now.

I think it would be inevitable that teeth will need to be pulled? The teeth below will just push out the teeth above, right? o_O

Yeah, I used to joke about just letting all my teeth fall out and then wear dentures, but after losing the one, I don't joke about it anymore!! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom