The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

And now it's time for "Conversations I've had with my brother"

A few days ago, he was drinking a glass of water. He was playing with the ice and dropped a cube on the ground

Me: Do not pick it up, do not pick it up, do not pick it up, DO NOT PICK IT UP...
He picks it up and drops it in the glass.
Me: What did I say?
Brother: Not to
Me: And why did you do that?
Brother: I dunno.

I made him throw away the water, which was mostly ice by that point, in a garden nearby

Later:
Me: Go down the water slide with me.
Brother: No
Me: Come on.
Me: Yes
Me: If you don't go down the water slide with me, I'll make you watch Frozen when we get back to the room
Brother: Let's go down the water slide.

Today, as we were getting on the elevator after the fireworks.

Me: We are getting on this elevator.
Brother: Press the button!
Me: We've been waiting ten minutes; we are getting on this elevator.

When my parents got back a little later (and the crowds had cleared)

Brother: *runs over to Mom* I have to press the button!

Like living with Sheldon sometimes.:rolleyes:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Do you have a holiday vegan bbq dish you make?
Quite a few. We put baked beans in the smoker (most people don't notice the difference. Smoked portabello mushrooms, potatoes (white and sweet) tempeh and tofu. I do 2 different pasta salads (they're almost the same except one is gluten free) Smoked corn on the cob. I don't go hungry LOL I'm skipping some things this year due to the cleanse but again I'm not going hungry any time soon. Right now the pork butt is already in the smoker, ribs, sausage, chicken, mac and cheese etc is going in later.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Cool!
We never got one of those, but, when we were visiting during YoaMD in July of '07, we got invites to an after hours dance and attraction party for Future World. We were heading into Imagination and the CMs were handing them out. I asked how many they were giving out, and they said 1200, but, they said that only about half that number usually show up.
The dance party was fun, and all the attractions were walk-on...! :)
We got the pin and lanyard set. THNX Disney for starting my boy's pin obsession!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just got in from watching fireworks on the beach. Took a while. Today it has been mobbed over here. My parents took a drive in the morning. They gave us the option of staying here or going with them. I opted to stay here, and my brother went with them. I could only find a lounge chair by the adults only pool. There were no other chairs. I went to the beach for a while and had to put my stuff on the grass near the edge because there were no lounge chairs. When my parents got there, the family next to us, who had three chairs reserved, gave up one of their chairs so that we had two, not just one. That was nice. My brother had to come over to the section once they got back from their drive, but basically, he was there to be sunscreened and leave his shoes there. Not like we had much of a choice. No one complained; he behaved himself.

Tomorrow, we say aloha, meaning goodbye, to Hawaii. I'm sad that it's over, but we've got four weeks at home, and then off to WDW. And a busy four weeks it will be. It's really my opportunity for having an actual social life until the semester restarts. Whereas during the semester, I kind of text people and go, "You got homework? Yup, I've got it too" and then my socializing is basically meals on campus and maybe occasionally hanging out. Bittersweet, though, because I have no idea when I will be back.

And we have in-flight entertainment. Cinderella, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and the Longest Ride (yes, Nicholas Sparks sap. I happen to like it; also read the book while I was here) are all playing. Thinking I will watch one or all of those. Probably will only sleep for a few hours on the plane and then a little on the flight from Atlanta to BWI, and then get to bed early when we get home Monday to put myself back on Eastern time.
Safe travels and good luck adjusting to EST again! xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom