The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's too funny they gave her a blanket! They should do that at my office. Or perhaps give us one of these?

snuggy1-550x549.jpg

She loves her job. All of the people are so nice, from day one. She couldn't have asked for a better situation right out of college.
And yes she thought it was funny they gave her a blankie 'cause she has always been a blankie kid from a babe. They did grab a name for Christmas and several co-workers did receive Snuggies.

Gabe1

My DD applied for a position with Disney Corp. She was happy to see they offered her an interview. For this position she had to go in person vs skype. 4 days notice a day before a federal holiday. :rolleyes: No way could she get off work as a newbie-ish let alone get air fare or likely hotel for the 4th of July weekend. She had to pass on the interview. :( Disappointing.

Gabe1

Hahaaa...!
Sooo scrumptious!!! :joyfull: :hungry:
And, that's exactly why I don't make it that often, either...! ;) :)

I miss Gran's strudel. Her Plum Dumplings too and I don't eat stuff like that too often. Confessing though I just ate a Magnum Double Chocolate ice cream bar. :hungry:

A while back I stopped drinking soda, maybe one every couple of weeks, I watch the portions I eat whether it is snacks or meals but I gave up nothing really besides soda. I'm now back once again into clothing size I fit in during my twenty's and feel great about that. So all the strudel and ice cream can't come in volume into the house! :p But feel free to mail me a slice of strudel. :hungry:

MOXOMUMD

One of the other great parts of Aulani has to be the food now. They openned a new QS location since I've been here called Ulu Café. And they have specials every day. Their soups change every day, and every day that I've had them, they've been delicious. One day, they had a loaded baked potato soup. It was fantastic. Another day, they had a tortilla soup, which to me tasted a lot like MD crab soup, only with chicken instead of crab meat. That was also great. Yesterday it was chicken noodle soup. My stomach was iffy last night, and I saw what their soup of the day was (which ended up being dinner), I practically jumped for joy. And even with my stomach being weird, it was great. I had it+a baked potato (which we had in our room) and that was dinner. Today, I just finished a portugese bean soup. I wondered whether I would like it, but it was so good that if we end up eating in again tonight, I might go get some more.

And then they also have a hot sandwich special. Today, it's shrimp tacos. My mother will be all over those. Yesterday, it was Chipotle bbq chicken wraps. They also have a hot plate special. Yesterday it was meatloaf, which actually sounded good. Today, it's a thin cut steak. My brother will most likely want that. And then they also have premade sandwiches and salads. I haven't had fried food in days becausw I've basically been eating the soups with a salad or sandwich. So good. :hungry: And not the only place to get food, but at least you're not stuck with hot dogs, burgers, fries, etc.
The food sounds delicious. :hungry: How have your allergies been?

donaldtoo

I miss Gran's strudel. Her Plum Dumplings too and I don't eat stuff like that too often. Confessing though I just ate a Magnum Double Chocolate ice cream bar. :hungry:

A while back I stopped drinking soda, maybe one every couple of weeks, I watch the portions I eat whether it is snacks or meals but I gave up nothing really besides soda. I'm now back once again into clothing size I fit in during my twenty's and feel great about that. So all the strudel and ice cream can't come in volume into the house! :p But feel free to mail me a slice of strudel. :hungry:

Yea, I haven't been a soda drinker in decades. Beer took it's place. ;) But, I've cut back on that quite a bit, as well. Plus, beer tastes better than it already does when it's more like a treat, instead of every day. :)
And yes, not so much what I eat, but, portion control has always worked for me. :happy:

That's pretty much how I eat strudel...a few slices out of a batch of 3.
I like to share, and everyone loves it so much. I take 2 to the office, and they're gone before lunch...!
It just seems to have the right balance of everything. :hungry: :)

donaldtoo

Actually I like frogs legs! I thought calamari was like fish tasting chewing gum, oysters, breaded and fried by Mom seemed full of sand. Brother loved them. I really don't know why? :eek::rolleyes: Maybe it was roughage! ;)

I love all a' that prepared properly. :)
We used to shoot frogs in the stock tanks with .22's on my grandparents farms, and the hounds would go retrieve them. The way my grandmothers prepared them was so tasty...! :hungry:
Oh, the memories, again...! :happy:

Gabe1

Yea, I haven't been a soda drinker in decades. Beer took it's place. ;) But, I've cut back on that quite a bit, as well. Plus, beer tastes better than it already does when it's more like a treat, instead of every day. :)
And yes, not so much what I eat, but, portion control has always worked for me. :happy:

That's pretty much how I eat strudel...a few slices out of a batch of 3.
I like to share, and everyone loves it so much. I take 2 to the office, and they're gone before lunch...!
It just seems to have the right balance of everything. :hungry: :)

Me I favor as you know adult grape juice. Most are under 100 calories. Plus all the nutritional value of those grapes. :rolleyes:

Cesar R M

For as much as the purists don't like Teen Titans Go, CN has managed to introduce a new generation to the franchise. They are premiering their 100th episode on Friday.
well, its not like they have good top tier shows anymore (neither nick.com now that Korra is finished)
I think CN is limping with Gravity Falls and Nick is riding TMNT and dragging Spooge Bob towards death.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom