The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I Love You Anniversary GIF by Susanne Lamb

@King Capybara 77 and Mrs. Capybara!

Lilofan

You lucked out on that. We have a ginormous Target close to where I live. I have been in there about 3 times, twice because someone gave me a gift certificate. I have been disappointed everytime. I've never been to a place that had so many open shelves. I used the gift to buy some towels and accessories to change my bathroom's looks. I bought a bunch of dark blue towel and washcloths and found out the hard way that they have to be washed a couple times before they stop shedding blue dye. No warning, nothing. Nothing really caught my attention as the place I'd like to go too..
I navigate through Target avoiding land mines in the aisles. The staff bring full pallets of food merchandise etc during the morning and we have to navigate around it to shop. Sometimes I see what I like and take it off the pallet. Target is becoming a bigger version of Aldi. I do like the fact that the Target pharmacist wasn't playing around when she gave me my covid vaccine. I've had already 6 Moderna shots but 1 of them I went to Target. She asked me for my Covid vaccine card after giving me my shot and she said after the egg timer goes off then I can get my card back and then I can leave the area.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

Some candy and pretzels recall -- Target and Walmart, and others:

It seems like the past couple years....there has been tons of recalls. But I've never heard of them lol

• Cookies & Cream Yummy Chow 14# 12/6/24 - 1/23/25
sounds like it could be dog food :D

Tony the Tigger

Sorry to hear that all this is happening for you two. I hope all the surgeries go well and recovery is swift. Don't try to rush the recovery though and follow dr's orders. And it definitely sounds like you two will deserve a Disney Christmas treat!
Thanks.

We got him home last evening. I think he’s doing remarkably well, but is quite sore. We lucked out finding some exceptional surgeons (after floundering with a few others) at a place called the Cantor Spine Center. Apparently, people come from all over the world, and it’s pretty much up the street from us. They don’t take all cases (you don’t get your first appointment until you bring your relevant medical records and fill out some forms - then they call and say if they’re going to take your case or not.) And they don’t take all insurance. (If Brian had either of his two previous jobs, we would have been out of luck.)

They have you hooked up to things that monitor your nerves, and also contract your muscles while you are in surgery. So they can tell in real time if what they are doing is relieving pressure on the nerve and so forth. The Dr. said everything went great with Brian in that regard.

The one minor thing that happened was, despite prepping by putting gauze between his side teeth (because contracting your muscles includes your jaw) his tongue fell forward during the surgery, and his front teeth bit it when contracted. It wasn’t very bad, but the front of his tongue was black.

When I showed it to him, he said, “I look like Kylie now.” (Chow chow tongue!) 🤣🤣

Luckily, it hasn’t bothered him so far, and by last night had gone from black to brown.

There’s a nurse coming to the house this morning. I have to straighten up (the house, not myself. 😉)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks.

We got him home last evening. I think he’s doing remarkably well, but is quite sore. We lucked out finding some exceptional surgeons (after floundering with a few others) at a place called the Cantor Spine Center. Apparently, people come from all over the world, and it’s pretty much up the street from us. They don’t take all cases (you don’t get your first appointment until you bring your relevant medical records and fill out some forms - then they call and say if they’re going to take your case or not.) And they don’t take all insurance. (If Brian had either of his two previous jobs, we would have been out of luck.)

They have you hooked up to things that monitor your nerves, and also contract your muscles while you are in surgery. So they can tell in real time if what they are doing is relieving pressure on the nerve and so forth. The Dr. said everything went great with Brian in that regard.

The one minor thing that happened was, despite prepping by putting gauze between his side teeth (because contracting your muscles includes your jaw) his tongue fell forward during the surgery, and his front teeth bit it when contracted. It wasn’t very bad, but the front of his tongue was black.

When I showed it to him, he said, “I look like Kylie now.” (Chow chow tongue!) 🤣🤣

Luckily, it hasn’t bothered him so far, and by last night had gone from black to brown.

There’s a nurse coming to the house this morning. I have to straighten up (the house, not myself. 😉)

I'm glad things went well. It sounds like a it was a high tech surgery, it is amazing what they can do nowadays (geez that makes me sound like a old lady). I hope recovery continues to go well.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks.

Sending healing thoughts to Brian. His surgery was interesting to read about, but I'm sure it wasn't any fun for him. At least it's done now and out of the way. Glad to hear that the nurse is stopping by this morning to check in on him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom