The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

The Bid (still) goes on . . . 4:56 AM (EST, today), on the Mecum site. (Note: Condition of sale: has to be an out of state buyer . . . so -- get your bid in, donaldtoo!!) :joyfull:

VERY interesting full page (Link below) on this vehicle. OMG -- check it out!!

Lot F102
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Supercharged 5.4L/550 HP V-8, 121 miles (1 or 343 produced)
Specs, highlights, top to bottom photos, the "story" and equipment !!

I saw that one from yesterday too, but I was referring to the one below, that will go on the block today.
Yesterday they said it had just over 50 miles on the odometer, and now they’re saying 71…apparently, it’s been taken for a “test drive”, or a few, since it showed up…!!!!! :cautious::cool::hilarious:

Goofyernmost

The hospital by Duke is well renowned . There is something residents in Canada don’t even think much about of pay out of pocket. With Canadian socialized health care all surgeries out patient and inpatient are covered along with many benefits of universal health care. To have universal health care in America is wishful thinking. There are powerful groups that are biased in these topics that only add to the difficulty of this to ever happen in our lives.
And that is a shame because not having it harms the poorest of our country and many have died because of it and many more have been left with crippling debt. Apparently, it is more acceptable to become a person that doesn't pay because they can't thus leaving their debt in the hands of those that can afford their own. Leaving those that can paying it through higher medical expenses. One way or the other it has to be paid by someone.

It apparently is more important to be completely independent than to even try and have some understand how everyone rich and poor will benefit. If this country only had about 5 people in it than it is bad, but with hundreds of millions of people paying a really small amount in taxes it would be hardly noticed. Canada does it with a whole lot fewer people paying into it than we would have. So many would rather pay high premiums with equally high deductibles than possible spend a few pennies helping those that can't. And older people with no ability to pay for it or insurance will eventually fall onto their families to foot the bills. It kind of makes me wonder how long we can continue to be so short sighted and still remain a strong nation that makes good decisions. Maybe it's already to late.

John park hopper

Veterans deserve every medical compensation that they need. I hate the news stories in which vets have to fight for coverage. My grandpa had shrapnel in his neck from WWII and had to get that looked at often because it was so close to the spine and might shift (it never did). He often talked about how it was hard to get appointments sometimes. The VA paid for his face lift, his tear ducts were blocked and the only thing that would fix it was a face lift. Apparently, the tear duct blockage is hereditary; I'm hoping that I inherited that and insurance will pay for my face lift eventually! :)
As a veteran I can say the Charleston SC VA hospital has been very good I have filled for Agent Orange exposure and though it took a long time they gave me 80% disability on paper and 60% compensation (crazy way they calculate disability. I would much rather live a normal life.

Lilofan

And that is a shame because not having it harms the poorest of our country and many have died because of it and many more have been left with crippling debt. Apparently, it is more acceptable to become a person that doesn't pay because they can't thus leaving their debt in the hands of those that can afford their own. Leaving those that can paying it through higher medical expenses. One way or the other it has to be paid by someone.

It apparently is more important to be completely independent than to even try and have some understand how everyone rich and poor will benefit. If this country only had about 5 people in it than it is bad, but with hundreds of millions of people paying a really small amount in taxes it would be hardly noticed. Canada does it with a whole lot fewer people paying into it than we would have. So many would rather pay high premiums with equally high deductibles than possible spend a few pennies helping those that can't. And older people with no ability to pay for it or insurance will eventually fall onto their families to foot the bills. It kind of makes me wonder how long we can continue to be so short sighted and still remain a strong nation that makes good decisions. Maybe it's already to late.
There was an item recently passed 5-2 with the Mayor of Orlando voting against that 150K low income Orange County residents that all of their outstanding medical debt would not have to be paid by them. Good for them but for the rest of the residents they keep paying their debt.

Lilofan

I saw that one from yesterday too, but I was referring to the one below, that will go on the block today.
Yesterday they said it had just over 50 miles on the odometer, and now they’re saying 71…apparently, it’s been taken for a “test drive”, or a few, since it showed up…!!!!! :cautious::cool::hilarious:

Taking an exotic car on the road can spell trouble also. The late actor Paul Walker of the Fast and Furious movies was a passenger in the Porsche GT that had low miles and old tires. The car crashed into a tree while accelerating and both occupants passed away. If the test drive on the Ford GT that’s 18 years old included the original tires even with 50 miles on the odometer that’s extremely dangerous.

donaldtoo

Taking an exotic car on the road can spell trouble also. The late actor Paul Walker of the Fast and Furious movies was a passenger in the Porsche GT that had low miles and old tires. The car crashed into a tree while accelerating and both occupants passed away. If the test drive on the Ford GT that’s 18 years old included the original tires even with 50 miles on the odometer that’s extremely dangerous.

I have no clue about the tires on the Ford GT in question, and am fully aware that Walker and the driver fried in that accident, whether or not they died on impact.
I was just being silly, as yesterday one of the announcers said it had just over 50 miles on it, and when I Googled it this morning it was listed as having 71 miles on it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@donaldtoo
I was just going to post here about that one (been in and out today -- but I did see this SOLD a few minutes ago). OMG -- that 1969 Ford GT 40, factory lightweight, one of only 10 produced!!

Yes, indeed -- just SOLD for 7 MILLION, 150 THOUSAND!!! That was also one of the more exciting bidding wars going on with the 3 buyers on the internet. And inside the building there -- the crowds standing around, just to see this car "in person"!! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I did see a few cars I was interested in earlier in the auction today (before I went out). I liked that 1931 Cadillac Fleetwood convertible coupe, 2-tone red exterior, beige top and interior. $260,000 -- bid still ongoing. Will check on this tomorrow to see if it's sold.

93boomer

Premium Member
Happy cruising my friends @King Capybara 77 and Mrs Capybara!!! ❤️
Bon Voyage Goodbye GIF by Hallmark Channel

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom