The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So there's supposedly a meteor shower event the next few nights (tomorrow night is supposed to be the best one).

Woke up early at 3:30 AM, and went out back. That's one of a very few darker areas (and even that's not pitch dark), because I have to deal with local street and building lights, etc., if I step out in front.)

Stared up at the sky for about 15 minutes and . . . nothing. :cautious: Only saw a couple of stationary stars, and that was it.

I did, however, see a squirrel up on the wall. He looked directly at me, as if to say: :p

1723371004337.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Gotta stop listening to the local weather report guys. Last night was supposed to be the ultimate in meteor showers -- up to 75 an hour (supposedly better than Saturday night's viewing -- which was a bust here, as well).

I went outside at 4:30 AM for about 20 minutes. Nothing. Empty sky just like yesterday. Even the squirrel left town. :cautious:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Gotta stop listening to the local weather report guys. Last night was supposed to be the ultimate in meteor showers -- up to 75 an hour (supposedly better than Saturday night's viewing -- which was a bust here, as well).

I went outside at 4:30 AM for about 20 minutes. Nothing. Empty sky just like yesterday. Even the squirrel left town. :cautious:
Just for you ( not the squirrel)

StarWarsGirl

not the squirrel

squirrel GIF

Tony the Tigger

This thread was on page 3. 🤣

Currently at St. Mary’s hospital in WPB for Brian’s back fusions. Waiting for them to call me back before they get started.

Just booked a Springhill (Marriott) because I’m going to need a nap and a place to sleep tonight without driving the hour back and forth to go home.

Side note: had my f/u visit with the back surgeon. He reviewed the MRI of my neck, and said that was worse than my back. He said my back was uncomfortable, but my neck, left untreated, could lead to all kinds of issues including paralysis. He said that’s why I’ve been dropping things and losing my balance.

So: the plan is: Brian will be partly recovered by the time I go in on 9/19 for fusions in my neck (like at the base of my neck) through the front (!!) (This was all caused by arthritis.) Then on 10/17, when my neck is partly healed, they’ll do my back (no fusions, just scraping arthritis out of the lower vertebrae.)

So we will be recovering and taking care of each other one way or another right about up to the holiday season. My bday at the end of this month will be low key, but I will be working out like a maniac to get into the best shape possible before going down. Also have to prep the stores. (Our main competition just announced they are closing.) Lots to do. Give me the meds! 🤣

I think we deserve a Disney Christmas trip after this!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Currently at St. Mary’s hospital in WPB for Brian’s back fusions. Waiting for them to call me back before they get started.

Just booked a Springhill (Marriott) because I’m going to need a nap and a place to sleep tonight without driving the hour back and forth to go home.

Side note: had my f/u visit with the back surgeon. He reviewed the MRI of my neck, and said that was worse than my back. He said my back was uncomfortable, but my neck, left untreated, could lead to all kinds of issues including paralysis. He said that’s why I’ve been dropping things and losing my balance.

So: the plan is: Brian will be partly recovered by the time I go in on 9/19 for fusions in my neck (like at the base of my neck) through the front (!!) (This was all caused by arthritis.) Then on 10/17, when my neck is partly healed, they’ll do my back (no fusions, just scraping arthritis out of the lower vertebrae.)

So we will be recovering and taking care of each other one way or another right about up to the holiday season. My bday at the end of this month will be low key, but I will be working out like a maniac to get into the best shape possible before going down. Also have to prep the stores. (Our main competition just announced they are closing.) Lots to do. Give me the meds! 🤣

Wow. Fingers crossed for Brian's back fusions. And I also realize it's stressful for you, waiting there. It's out of your control, but things will work out o.k. for him. (Glad you booked a room for yourself tonight, to allow you to rest.) As for your own medical plans --

That sounds like quite a lot as well for your back & neck issues. All I can say is that it's good that you and Brian can time out each one's medical procedures and recovery period, so that one can help the other, post procedures.

Lastly, that's interesting about your competition closing its record store. That should bring in even more business to your existing stores. So, that's positive!!

93boomer

Premium Member

Oh my!! You two have a lot going on!! Good luck with all the medical procedures!!
Yess, you will deserve a Christmas Disney trip!!

Goofyernmost

Two years ago I had the same situation. I had lower back stenosis for years then all of a sudden I had multiple things happen. I was unstable standing and walking, my hands were feeling all prickly, my balance was off and my legs were weak. I had to have a fusion between C4 and C5. It took a couple of weeks before I felt confident that things were getting better. Physical therapy helped speed the thing up a little but it was a year before I started to feel back to were I was when it was just my lower back that bothered me. Oh, and they made the same promise. They said they absolutely need to do the neck asap and will do the lumbar area after. Than they said, after the Cervical surgery, we really think that you should do other things (i.e. PT, Pain Management and Chiropractic care). It has now been two years since the neck surgery and I am really in the last few months started to feel back to my pre-cervical norm. Which means my lower back is back to what it was before the neck issue. In all fairness when I asked the surgeon what should happen to me physically after the operation his reply was "all I can promise is that it won't get any worse". That's like having a flat tire repaired and them saying that it won't get any flatter.

Anyway, I'm doing fine now and since I am 76 years old age it's also a factor in my slower recovery. You are young and there are a lot of younger folks, like yourself, that have had this scenario and bounced back very quickly. Good luck with it all and the situation that they described as really very necessary is from everything I have read can cause paralysis just from a sneeze. So it is an real threat and needs to be addressed. Recovery from the surgery itself is quick and I found it to be completely painless. As far as the broken promise to fix the lower back, I really believe that the VA just was unwilling to pay for the higher priced surgery and as long as I wasn't in a wheelchair they weren't going to take care of it. In other words, we aren't willing to expend all this just to have me up and die off from natural unrelated causes shortly after.

Goofyernmost

This would be our son. He doesn't even share his Target discount with us LOL
You lucked out on that. We have a ginormous Target close to where I live. I have been in there about 3 times, twice because someone gave me a gift certificate. I have been disappointed everytime. I've never been to a place that had so many open shelves. I used the gift to buy some towels and accessories to change my bathroom's looks. I bought a bunch of dark blue towel and washcloths and found out the hard way that they have to be washed a couple times before they stop shedding blue dye. No warning, nothing. Nothing really caught my attention as the place I'd like to go too..

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Sorry to hear that all this is happening for you two. I hope all the surgeries go well and recovery is swift. Don't try to rush the recovery though and follow dr's orders. And it definitely sounds like you two will deserve a Disney Christmas treat!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom