The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

I hate beer. Usually, I have a glass of (plain) milk with a hot dog.
When I was a little one our mom would boil some hot dogs , toast the buns , side of potato chips and chocolate milk. Nothing fancy but delicious. It would be our meal at times after playing outside with our friends for a few hours. She made sure we brushed our teeth afterwards.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In Rhode Island , places like Onyville NY System , have delish hot weiners with the works. It is never called franks or hot dogs and the staff will tell you that . What is served on the menu that customers drink with the hot weiners is coffee milk ( approx 3/4 cold milk , coffee ).
Although I haven't tried it, I thought the coffee flavored milk they like down in RI, was basically milk with coffee infused syrup only (no actual coffee -- unless maybe you went to a restaurant that put their own spin on the recipe)?

Lilofan

Although I haven't tried it, I thought the coffee flavored milk they like down in RI, was basically milk with coffee infused syrup only (no actual coffee -- unless maybe you went to a restaurant that put their own spin on the recipe)?
Yes that’s right it’s a kinda syrup sweetish flavor coffee mixed with majority whole milk . After an eating several hot weiners ( some call them gaggers ), washing it down with cold coffee milk is refreshing.

wdwfan4ver

Who would be the heathen that doesn't know the only thing that goes with hot dogs (crispy or not) is beer. It's sacrilege to think that wine or mixed drinks have any business in that particular party at all. 🌭🍔🍺👍😉
When I have hot dogs, I drink water.

I don't like the taste of beer. My dad had me try beer a couple times in the past, but I didn't care for the taste.

Chilled wine is better than beer, but I don't drink wine a lot. I only drink wine for special occasions such as New Years, and Thanksgiving as an example.

wdwfan4ver

We decided going in the first year that something is open is not a good idea. Wait until the hype dies down and you can see what people are saying about it so you can avoid everyone else's mistakes.
I'm planning to go to Epic Universe in September of next year with the plan of doing all 3 parks. I think the crowds are going to be little bit less than they would be during the June to August time frame next year. I will be skipping some Epic Universe attractions for sure due to not be an interest to me such as Stardust Racers due to me not being into inversion rollercoasters as an example.

As far as Super Nintendo World Crowds, I don't think they will die down even after a year in Epic. I am going by the reports of the Super Nintendo World crowds in Japan and for Universal Studios Hollywood.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Screenshot_20240705_191901_The Weather Channel.jpg
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
In Rhode Island , places like Onyville NY System , have delish hot weiners with the works. It is never called franks or hot dogs and the staff will tell you that . What is served on the menu that customers drink with the hot weiners is coffee milk ( approx 3/4 cold milk , coffee ).
It is Olneyville or Olneyville Square (a neighborhood in Providence), many RI towns have a NY hot wienie system(there was one a few blocks from my house growing up) , people don't usually drink coffee milk with weiners( or at least I never saw anyone doing so), and coffee milk is made with milk and coffee syrup - not drinking coffee per se. This from a native Rhode Islander.

Lilofan

It is Olneyville or Olneyville Square (a neighborhood in Providence), many RI towns have a NY hot wienie system(there was one a few blocks from my house growing up) , people don't usually drink coffee milk with weiners( or at least I never saw anyone doing so), and coffee milk is made with milk and coffee syrup - not drinking coffee per se. This from a native Rhode Islander.
Ok that’s odd since several customers near our table were and I actually liked the drink with the hot wieners. The meat sauce was delicious. We were visiting but the others that ordered the same as us spoke with really thick New England accents and knew the staff.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Ok that’s odd since several customers near our table were and I actually liked the drink with the hot wieners. The meat sauce was delicious. We were visiting but the others that ordered the same as us spoke with really thick New England accents and knew the staff.
You should be able to find the coffee syrup next to the Hershey chocolate syrup at the supermarket.

Much like Taylor Ham from NJ, it took a while for that local specialty to get to Florida. I presume if it’s here, it’s in most places.

Lilofan

You should be able to find the coffee syrup next to the Hershey chocolate syrup at the supermarket.

Much like Taylor Ham from NJ, it took a while for that local specialty to get to Florida. I presume if it’s here, it’s in most places.
Yes also in NC, Taylor Ham is even in Publix so that will make folks from NJ very happy too. Too bad the bagels can't be the same superior quality as in NJ,NYC .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom