The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Well to be honest, in the 80's and 90's (early) we only went down there during the kids mid-winter break from school in late February and I feel that I was always smart enough to not even give one moments thought to going in June, July or August. So if there are 9 other months in the year where there is at least a chance that it will not be stifling there was no logical reason to go during hell months in Florida.
There was not a mid winter break from school in late February in the 1980s and early 90s in Wisconsin outside of skipping school. The thing is my parents didn't even consider having me skip school for vacation considering how strict things were.

I was not like what my younger cousin did or does with her kids from the 2000s to this decade.

donaldtoo

I think that all of you have done well, under the various circumstances. Glad she's living with you, as familiarity and support from everyone, contributes to her quality of life. I'm sure the chair will help her get around, and that's welcoming for her. Anyway, thanks for the update.

Thanks, Minnie…!!! :)

When Carolyn got home, we got Shirley (MIL) in the chair and started showing her how to maneuver it. She was a bit apprehensive, and it was a bit dicey at first, but she’ll get the hang of it. The joy stick is a bit sensitive, but the chair also stops dead in its tracks if you take your hand off of it. She did seem to enjoy the mobility, and actually giggled a few times (and no, she hadn’t had any wine yet 😉)…!!!!! :hilarious:
A couple of pics of her sporty new ride below with the lights on…!!! 😉:)

1DE6E404-3B10-4DD2-ACD4-C313B220DED3.jpeg3FF488E6-108B-4886-B8C2-69AA4D6D240D.jpeg

Songbird76

I understand about wanting to share food and drinks, it makes sense to wait until she has turned 21. I like to share stuff with my husband so I can try more things too, that is the bummer about solo trips. I loved DLP but when you list all the stuff you really want to do at WDW it isn't an equal fix. Although it has the best Big Thunder, but I know you don't like that ride. Have you ever thought about going to Disneyland in California, there are a lot of unique things about it but also some of the same attractions as WDW and great places to eat and even in the summer the weather is more mild than Florida in the summer. It doesn't have Voices of Liberty though.
I definitely want to go to DL at some point...I'd love to do ANY of the Disney Parks. I know they all have their special things, and it would be cool to get to go to all of them. Just that my husband isn't a Disney fan at all, and he doesn't really want to go to the parks anymore, but he ALSO doesn't want me spending a bunch of money to go on vacation without the rest of the family. And I get that...it IS expensive. But I guess I feel like it's not fair to me to never get to do what I want to do because HE doesn't want to do it. This time, it worked out because he spent $4000 on a gaming computer for himself, so then we got to spend money on a Disney vacation. But it will be a while before he has something else he wants to do that would equal the cost of a Disney Trip. There's no real solution because I'm not going to agree to never go to Disney again, and HE isn't going to want to go. So either he has to be ok with me going without him, or he's going to have to suck it up and go. And honestly, I'd rather go without him because then at least he's not complaining the whole time and ruining MY trip, and it's a whole lot cheaper not to have to pay for tickets, meals, flights, etc for him when he doesn't want to be there. It's sad, because I feel like there's a lot of stuff that he actually does like at Disney and he had a great time when we went on our honeymoon and the first time we went with the kids. But he kind of has a "been there, done that" attitude about it. But there's new stuff all the time, and I don't understand not wanting to do something you enjoyed again...it's like...if you eat a food and you loved it, you would never say "Well, yeah, it was great, but I'm never eating it again, because I've been there, done that." You do things over and over because they are your favorites....you wear a particular outfit, or go to a particular restaurant...you don't do something new every time. I have a great time at Disney, and there are still so many things I haven't gotten to experience there, and things that I loved and want to do again. It's so frustrating that, in the moment, he's having a great time and raves about a restaurant or experience, but then afterwards he doesn't remember loving it, and he says he didn't enjoy anything.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I definitely want to go to DL at some point...I'd love to do ANY of the Disney Parks. I know they all have their special things, and it would be cool to get to go to all of them. Just that my husband isn't a Disney fan at all, and he doesn't really want to go to the parks anymore, but he ALSO doesn't want me spending a bunch of money to go on vacation without the rest of the family. And I get that...it IS expensive. But I guess I feel like it's not fair to me to never get to do what I want to do because HE doesn't want to do it. This time, it worked out because he spent $4000 on a gaming computer for himself, so then we got to spend money on a Disney vacation. But it will be a while before he has something else he wants to do that would equal the cost of a Disney Trip. There's no real solution because I'm not going to agree to never go to Disney again, and HE isn't going to want to go. So either he has to be ok with me going without him, or he's going to have to suck it up and go. And honestly, I'd rather go without him because then at least he's not complaining the whole time and ruining MY trip, and it's a whole lot cheaper not to have to pay for tickets, meals, flights, etc for him when he doesn't want to be there. It's sad, because I feel like there's a lot of stuff that he actually does like at Disney and he had a great time when we went on our honeymoon and the first time we went with the kids. But he kind of has a "been there, done that" attitude about it. But there's new stuff all the time, and I don't understand not wanting to do something you enjoyed again...it's like...if you eat a food and you loved it, you would never say "Well, yeah, it was great, but I'm never eating it again, because I've been there, done that." You do things over and over because they are your favorites....you wear a particular outfit, or go to a particular restaurant...you don't do something new every time. I have a great time at Disney, and there are still so many things I haven't gotten to experience there, and things that I loved and want to do again. It's so frustrating that, in the moment, he's having a great time and raves about a restaurant or experience, but then afterwards he doesn't remember loving it, and he says he didn't enjoy anything.
Disneyland might work then because they only sell five day DL passes. So you basically have to go do other stuff in California unless you plan on buying multiple DL passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom