The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Figgy1

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

Lilofan

Don't know how you can handle the high heat down there. :jawdrop:

I was just watching some sports reports from our local stations here (Boston, MA, and Manchester, NH). Both stations had reporters down in Dallas for the basketball championship games (the TX team is the Mavericks, versus the Boston Celtics). That's all I know about basketball. ;)

Funny thing was that the reporters were very uncomfortable in the hot weather, BUT -- they loved eating their way through that city! :hilarious: They were raving about all kinds of barbecue -- ribs, beef, pork, etc. The food seemed to make up for their hot weather misery! :joyfull:
In TX , BBQ is a cultural exp with so many delish locations. In Austin, at the airport and stand alone locations is the Salt Lick. That's the pinnacle of BBQ goodness. When visiting Orlando we searched for decent BBQ and we ate at Cecils BBQ near downtown Orlando. It was started by a family from TX and serves TX style. It was actually pretty good. Nothing that tastes like acceptable BBQ is served at WDW.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I had my AC set to around 75 when I had window ones, it was perfect. I have central air now so I only put AC on if I want to fall asleep.

I was almost falling asleep on my train ride to work today because the AC was blasting.
My thermostat is set for 73 degrees year round. I never change it nor do I shut the system down. All I ever do is change the system setting to heat pump in the winter and AC cool in the summer. I have found that over the years it is cheaper to just let it keep a steady temp. then to make it catch up. It also helps to keep the humidity at a comfortable level. If it's not on, it will not dehumidify.

Lilofan

My thermostat is set for 73 degrees year round. I never change it nor do I shut the system down. All I ever do is change the system setting to heat pump in the winter and AC cool in the summer. I have found that over the years it is cheaper to just let it keep a steady temp. then to make it catch up. It also helps to keep the humidity at a comfortable level. If it's not on, it will not dehumidify.
Do you use a high quality air filter that gets changed a few times a year to make the unit run more efficiently ?

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I'm in an apartment and they change the filter twice a year. It is about 4 inches thick and works great. I've lived here for over 4 years and have only had to dust about once a year and even then there isn't much to dust up.
Must be nice.

I run a bunch of HEPA filter in the house (which my parents put up with) and the house still gets dusty. Not as badly as before I started running them, but still dusty.

Of course two cats can't be helping that situation, but still.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom