The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I don't know why or how, but I have lived here in the Raleigh area for over 13 years and have never been stung by a mosquito or for that matter even seen one. I have seen a variety of unidentifiable bugs, but never a mosquito. Weird, considering how many ponds are in the area. The only other place that has happened was in the confines of WDW.

Lilofan

View attachment 790891View attachment 790892View attachment 790893View attachment 790894View attachment 790896View attachment 790897

Weird to see just how many asians and indians are now in BC lol.

I mean on my first trips, there were fishing but they were mostly white dudes. Now there is this pretty large diversity between these 3 groups.
BC, specifically Vancouver has a number of Asians and Indians living there. We enjoy visiting this foodie city with so many ethnic dining options. I'm not surprised from your pics with folks enjoying what BC has to offer. Vancouver has been know to be the most Asian city outside of Asia. Based on my travels I believe it.

Lilofan

Wish we had Buc-ees up here! That place looks like fun. :joyfull:

On the NJ Turnpike exit 8 or 9 I believe there is a Buc-ees sign pointing to the closest location is in SC ( ie hint, hint,.... eventually opening in the Garden State off of the NJ Turnpike ! It will be interesting to see with hundreds of gas pumps at other locations and NJ still has that drivers are not allowed to pump their own gas law.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Lilofan

Surprising they keep building bigger where almost every other retail gets smaller and smaller.
TX based Buc-ees has larger than other gas stations to include multiple food options , hundreds of gas pumps , car wash and very clean bathrooms. As the motto goes - Everything is bigger in Texas ! " And spending time in Houston , locals refer to a soda not by name but refer to it as Coke. The company in my opinion is also kings of the highway convenience stores. Some consumers nowadays even while some complain about higher pricing of products will still shop at these locations and still pay at these prices.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Wish we had Buc-ees up here! That place looks like fun. :joyfull:

Buc-ee’s is AWESOME…!!!!!!! :joyfull:
At one point, the largest one was about an hour south of us in New Braunfels, Texas.
Its 66,000 sq. ft., has 80 toilets and 120 gas pumps.
The other one we’ve frequented over recent years is in Waller, Texas just northwest of Houston, on our drive back home from our cruises out of the Port of Galveston. It’s 68,000 sq. ft. with the same number of toilets and gas pumps as NB.
Pretty sure I posted this after our July of 2019 cruise, but I own the swim trunks pictured below…!!!!! :hilarious:

6E392D7F-8844-4568-8C93-3B94BCC6643F.jpeg

donaldtoo

Also, regarding the new Luling, Texas location…
We used to drive through Luling to and from my grandparents (on Moms side) farm just outside of Shiner, Texas all the time when they were alive.
Luling was famous back then for smelling like farts all the way through town, and then some, because of all the oil and gas production in the area…you could be dozed off in the car and the odor would wake you up…!!!!! :hilarious:
That whole area has grown and changed so much over the last 47+ years since we’ve been back in Texas…!!! :)

Cesar R M

Figgy1

Premium Member
Nathan's seems really desperate to keep their contesters leashed.
I heard that Chestnut's biggest rival was also sidelined because he refused to sign an exclusive contract with Nathan's.
according to the boys somebody else big also won't be there this year besides Jaws and the one who retired a few weeks ago so they probably won't watch and will just try and recreate it at home

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A few sites from our Missouri travels today. In Kansas City, besides eating ribs we also stopped at 3028 Bellefontaine (Disney family home) and what is left of Laughogram Studios. We also visited Marceline and saw the Disney family home there and barn along with the Walt Disney Hometown Museum (excellent). We also stopped at General Pershing’s boyhood home, the world’s largest spool of thread (not pictured) and a pioneer village.
IMG_0041.jpegIMG_0043.jpegIMG_9940.jpegIMG_9917.jpegIMG_9901.jpegIMG_9860.jpegIMG_9855.jpegIMG_9995.jpegIMG_0008.jpegIMG_0016.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom