The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Living Proof frizz shampoo and conditioner.
They sell online at living proof, on Amazon, and at Ulta. $34 each. It lasts forever because you only need a small amount. I’ve been using for two years now. My hairstylist says my hair is so healthy. And I get low lights and high lights every 7 weeks.
THNX it contains 2 unnamed starches and isn't certified GF:( Could possibly be oat or wheat derived, could maybe be safe but it is on a list of brands to avoid due to not responding to questions about how/where they source their starches:(

Songbird76

As many of you know my husband is a pastor and our church offers wine and grape juice. When my husband teaches the first communion class he has the kids try the wine and the grape juice. During services it is a little mixed on if the kids take wine or grape juice. When my husband first started at the church, about 20 years ago, the church only served wine for communion not juice, then on after one of his first services a church member asked to talk to him. Turns out the man was a recovering alcoholic and had not taken communion in years and wanted to know if my husband would be open to including grape juice occasionally so he could take communion. After that grape juice was always included during every communion opportunity and still is. Something similar happened with the bread served, it was tradition that the ladies would make communion bread instead of serving the cardboard-y wafers. Well when a church member was diagnosed with Celiac she asked if there could be a gluten free option or if she could bring her own. My husband then included a gluten free option, which are those terrible cardboard-like wafers, and the church ladies continued to make the bread they had been making for years. Which the bread they make is actually kind of tasty, they add honey to it to give it a little sweetness. And that friends is more you wanted to know about our church's communion.
Kudos to Brad on making accommodations for those things. That's really awesome. We had a family leave our church when I was growing up because she was an alcoholic and our pastor refused to offer grape juice instead of wine. That always bothered me....it seems like such a small ask and it means so much to the person asking.

Goofyernmost

Serious answer: says 77% right now, so very humid.

My hair is actually fine, though. I found a product that you put on wet, curly hair that keeps it from frizzing, and that plus an anti-humidity hairspray works. It's only taken me 29 years to figure out my hair. 😂
It only took 29 years for most of mine to fall out. I could go for a little fuzzy hair right now. There would be no complaints.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Ain't that great. Survives being catapulted into space on top of a candle shaped rocket, flies around in space, makes it back safely during reentry and splashdown and then dies in a plane crash years later after he stopped taking serious chances. It makes me angry. I know he was old, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have gone out with a little grace. People do good and get rewarded by dying in a plane crash while people that are evil continue on to do more damage. It's getting harder to accept.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Isn't it poisonous to animals? There was just an article this morning in our news about how much is growing here and that it's extremely poisonous to both humans and animals. It can cause heart attacks if ingested.
My first plant just popped up and I saved and spread some seeds where I wanted them. The critters know to stay away

StarWarsGirl

It only took 29 years for most of mine to fall out. I could go for a little fuzzy hair right now. There would be no complaints.
My hair is like a weed. Apparently, people without thyroids have trouble with hair loss, especially after the radioactive iodine treatment I had. My hair is still growing in super thick. My thyroid meds were super off earlier this year, worse than they've ever been. My nails have been terrible, so I've been going to get manicures with dip polish so they don't break. But the hair...yeah that's fine.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My hair is like a weed. Apparently, people without thyroids have trouble with hair loss, especially after the radioactive iodine treatment I had. My hair is still growing in super thick. My thyroid meds were super off earlier this year, worse than they've ever been. My nails have been terrible, so I've been going to get manicures with dip polish so they don't break. But the hair...yeah that's fine.
I'm such a summer person my stylist had to take an inch and a half off just to get it was 5 weeks ago. I scheduled a cut for 4 weeks from now

Songbird76

I'm such a summer person my stylist had to take an inch and a half off just to get it was 5 weeks ago. I scheduled a cut for 4 weeks from now
E and I just grow ours out really long and we tie it back in the summer. Then when it gets to the point where we are ready to donate, we wait until after the hot weather so we can keep it off our necks in the summer. I chopped mine just before Disney the first time we took the kids and it was miserable. It was too short to tie back, but it was long enough to stick and just be super warm. I won't make that mistake again. E and I are both ready to donate now, so we're waiting for September or so.

StarWarsGirl

E and I just grow ours out really long and we tie it back in the summer. Then when it gets to the point where we are ready to donate, we wait until after the hot weather so we can keep it off our necks in the summer. I chopped mine just before Disney the first time we took the kids and it was miserable. It was too short to tie back, but it was long enough to stick and just be super warm. I won't make that mistake again. E and I are both ready to donate now, so we're waiting for September or so.
My hair won't grow that long. In spite of having a lot of hair, it gets to a certain length and just..stops? I would love to grow it out to donate, but it's just like "nah". Even before my thyroid got wonky, it was like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom