The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

how's the humidity?
Season 9 Summer GIF by Friends

93boomer

Premium Member
Serious answer: says 77% right now, so very humid.

My hair is actually fine, though. I found a product that you put on wet, curly hair that keeps it from frizzing, and that plus an anti-humidity hairspray works. It's only taken me 29 years to figure out my hair. 😂
That is very humid! Oh I understand the humidity hair! My DD told me about a brand of shampoo and conditioner that helps with it too. A lifesaver. I used to look like I had a perm!😂😂

Figgy1

Premium Member
Serious answer: says 77% right now, so very humid.

My hair is actually fine, though. I found a product that you put on wet, curly hair that keeps it from frizzing, and that plus an anti-humidity hairspray works. It's only taken me 29 years to figure out my hair. 😂

That is very humid! Oh I understand the humidity hair! My DD told me about a brand of shampoo and conditioner that helps with it too. A lifesaver. I used to look like I had a perm!😂😂
spill, no keeping secrets;)

StarWarsGirl

spill, no keeping secrets;)
I use a salon brand shampoo. It's called Cibu. You can get it at Hair Cuttery or online, but I haven't been as thrilled with their products lately, so I've switched to another shampoo that my stylist recommended.

For products, the humidity setter I use is Ouidad Advanced Climate Control heat and humidity cream. That brand makes products primarily for curly hair (my hair is type 2b and gets curlier in hot/humid weather, but I have absolutely no root curl) but that particular gel would probably work on any hair for humidity; you'd just use less of it. It's very sticky but it works.

Hairspray is just the L'oreal Paris Elmet hairspray. You have to get the unscented one to avoid smelling like the 1950s. 😂

Figgy1

Premium Member
I use a salon brand shampoo. It's called Cibu. You can get it at Hair Cuttery or online, but I haven't been as thrilled with their products lately, so I've switched to another shampoo that my stylist recommended.

For products, the humidity setter I use is Ouidad Advanced Climate Control heat and humidity cream. That brand makes products primarily for curly hair (my hair is type 2b and gets curlier in hot/humid weather, but I have absolutely no root curl) but that particular gel would probably work on any hair for humidity; you'd just use less of it. It's very sticky but it works.

Hairspray is just the L'oreal Paris Elmet hairspray. You have to get the unscented one to avoid smelling like the 1950s. 😂
thnx, as for the hairspray it smells so old fashioned, you'd think the raccoon invented it
Crud that curl crem contains gluten:( btw crud wasn't the word I originally used as James was looking for something for his mop. My suggestion, a short cut for summer as his hair grows almost as fast as mine

StarWarsGirl

thnx, as for the hairspray it smells so old fashioned, you'd think the raccoon invented it
Crud that curl crem contains gluten:( btw crud wasn't the word I originally used as James was looking for something for his mop. My suggestion, a short cut for summer as his hair grows almost as fast as mine
Here's an entire list. It comes from the curly hair subreddit. Some of these have to be gluten free. I use Camille Rose products. Small, black-owned, woman-owned business. Except for the honey products, they're all vegan and I believe some of them are gluten free (they're mostly natural). I know the feeling; do you know how often pineapple and nuts sneak into beauty products? Too often.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Here's an entire list. It comes from the curly hair subreddit. Some of these have to be gluten free. I use Camille Rose products. Small, black-owned, woman-owned business. Except for the honey products, they're all vegan and I believe some of them are gluten free (they're mostly natural). I know the feeling; do you know how often pineapple and nuts sneak into beauty products? Too often.

Hairatage by Mindy works rather well for him when he remembers to use it but it's always nice to have a backup, again short cut for summer;)
Nuts not surprising but pineapple:eek: Wheat and oats seem to be in so many products:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
btw I have no problem using or consuming honey:angelic:

StarWarsGirl

Hairatage by Mindy works rather well for him when he remembers to use it but it's always nice to have a backup, again short cut for summer;)
Nuts not surprising but pineapple:eek: Wheat and oats seem to be in so many products:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
btw I have no problem using or consuming honey:angelic:
Some vegans don't eat honey because bees make it, so I always mention it.

If you ever make it back to Hersheypark, there's a stand called Oola Bowls that's perfect for you. Gluten Free and vegan minus the honey and everyone loves them. Unfortunately it's allergy city for me, but perfect for you.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Some vegans don't eat honey because bees make it, so I always mention it.

If you ever make it back to Hersheypark, there's a stand called Oola Bowls that's perfect for you. Gluten Free and vegan minus the honey and everyone loves them. Unfortunately it's allergy city for me, but perfect for you.
Monsters Inc Hug GIF
allergies word best not used here. With dh on nights we're planning on lots of pool/lake time and the boys will be at the grandparents doing all the heavy work quite often:angelic: 2 Weeks ago they put in all the A/C units and raked out the yards. James did most of the work for obvious reasons

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom