The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

rshell68

I still have about 25 vinyl albums and a few 45’s.
The 45’s include “Telephone Line” by ELO and “Brick House” by the Commodores…!!!!! :cool: 🤣;)
The albums include the first 2 Boston albums, “2112” by Rush, “Stone Blue” by Foghat and “Double Platinum” by KISS…!!!!! 😅
I have too many to count. I will call my batch eclectic. I go from the Mills Brothers to AC/DC with some Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam mixed in.

Goofyernmost

I still have about 25 vinyl albums and a few 45’s.
The 45’s include “Telephone Line” by ELO and “Brick House” by the Commodores…!!!!! :cool: 🤣;)
The albums include the first 2 Boston albums, “2112” by Rush, “Stone Blue” by Foghat and “Double Platinum” by KISS…!!!!! 😅
I still have a lot of albums, no where near as much as I once had, however, I have nothing to play them on. My turntable died about 4 years ago. I think it got Covid. I guess I'm just waiting for them to turn into CD's. For some reason I can't part with them. A large percentage are The Beatles purchased when they was FAB. (the 60's)

Lilofan

I'm pretty sure that portion was a smidge less than a half a liter
Yes less but a few times a week when I was a young. At Catholic school we attended mass weekly during school hours , on Sundays with the family and at times when selected to be an altar boy at funeral mass during the week . The funeral director was our friend. He would give each altar boy $2 per funeral, Earning approx $10 a month was pretty neat for a 10 year old. Also Mother Superior or the other nuns would also call on our entire class to be the choir at the weekly funeral masses during the school day.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I still have a lot of albums, no where near as much as I once had, however, I have nothing to play them on. My turntable died about 4 years ago. I think it got Covid. I guess I'm just waiting for them to turn into CD's. For some reason I can't part with them. A large percentage are The Beatles purchased when they was FAB. (the 60's)
I'm sure Tony could get you a good deal on a record player

donaldtoo

I originally had an old Soundesign system all through high school.
In 1980, after I graduated and moved out, I purchased a higher-end system for 1K (my first car only cost me $1,200 😅). I had the money to purchase it outright, but I took out a personal loan to start establishing some credit.
The turntable, dual cassette deck and receiver were all Hitachi. The speakers were from a now defunct company called Accord out of Boston, MA. I preferred the sound quality over anything else in the store at that price range. They were about 2’ tall, 14” deep and 14” wide, and sounded awesome…!!! :)
More than once back then, I got drunk and listened to the Pink Floyd album The Dark Side of the Moon, the Rush album 2112, etc. I would usually turn all the lights off, turn the speakers in and lay flat on my back on the floor with my head between the speakers…good times…!!!!! :hilarious:
Truth is, I haven’t just sat and listened to music for 20+ years. At one point a few years ago I opened the cabinet door and hit the power button on the receiver…nothing. Everything was plugged in and all connections were as they should be, just dead.
It all ended up in the dumpster on our driveway when we moved at the end of last year.
I was originally going to try to sell what I could, but the time for us to be out of the old house was quickly approaching and there were more important things to attend to.
So far, we currently have no stand-alone music system in the new home.

Lilofan

Albums were in my collection back in the day. When we were in Orlando in 1993 I met David Crosby in the elevator at the Peabody Hotel on I-Drive prior to his acoustic concert with Graham Nash. Much to his dismay , another fan stuck a full stack of albums for Crosby to sign . He signed one and walked away. It was good to see Crosby clean up his addiction from the 1980s when CSN performed in Newport RI, he was so strung out and was fighting with Stills onstage during that time.

93boomer

Premium Member
View attachment 789848
Okay who needs one for Food and Wine 🤣🤣🤣
200.gif
🤣🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom