The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Having been through multiple winters up here, I just automatically assume there's black ice outside each morning. Even if the weather reports don't necessarily forecast those specific conditions, I walk with caution until I know the sun has had a chance to melt any overnight refreezing. So, hang on to your railing, if you have to walk down any steps from your house.

Yea, even though we’re at the top of our street elevation-wise, there’s only about a 1 foot drop across our entire lot, and only about 9 more feet total across the other 10 lots on our side of the street, down to that one (of a few) connecting neighborhood main streets.
We have about a 1.5 inch step from our front door sill to our front porch, and the same from the front porch to the front walk. The tallest step we have to negotiate is about 3.5 inches from our back door sill to our back patio…!!!!! :hilarious:

Cesar R M

Crazy day…
Power was finally restored at the office around 10:30a, as per our Office Managers text. She also said that it was deemed an optional day, because we had no water, Wi-Fi, or internet. However, the server was accessible, so we could work in our CAD and Revit drawing files. The other handicap we’ve been havin’ to deal with lately, is our plotter went down about 2 weeks ago. It’s an older model on its last leg, and will need to be replaced to the tune of between 35-40K. Dealing with supply chain issues and such, now.

Anyhoo, work was fine, but, the real adventure was in gettin’ to and from the office…!!!!! :hilarious:
Trees and tree branches (mostly branches) down everywhere. In the 46+ years we’ve lived here, I’ve never seen it this bad.
I got within’ about 2.5 miles of the office on the main highway part of my commute, only to run into a police road block…I had no clue, so I turned around and pulled over to Google.
Yesterday, some clown in a truck lost control and rolled over into a power pole, dragging down power lines across both lanes of traffic, and including the grass median…!!! :facepalm:
I had to head about 2.5 miles back north (over the Pennybacker Bridge that spans Lake Austin), take another hill country road east to another main highway in near west Austin heading south, then exit to the road that took me west to our office.
Fast forward to this evenin’…
Partner said that the main highway power line fun still had it blocked off. I could take the reverse route I took to the office (sans the 2.5 mile backtrack ;)), a more westerly (longer route) that I’ve used in a pinch before, or a closer winding, very hilly, hill country road that I haven’t used in 2 decades.
Yep, I chose the 2-decade road…after driving around multiple downed trees/branches, 2 wrong turns and backtracking, I finally made it to the main highway, north of the continuing power line fun…”Adventure is out there…!!!”…!!!!! 🤣
wow, how big is that plotter?

Cesar R M

Yea, I’m pretty good at the map thing too, as they have fascinated me since I was a kiddo…!!! :)

And, on that note…!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 696245
I looked at the story of Colonel Sanders a few days ago.
And turns out that the current recipe has nothing to do with the colonel's recipe and mostly a cheaper cost-savings way?

I wonder if I can still go to the original Sander's wife's restaurant which supposedly serves the original still.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Crazy day…
Power was finally restored at the office around 10:30a, as per our Office Managers text. She also said that it was deemed an optional day, because we had no water, Wi-Fi, or internet. However, the server was accessible, so we could work in our CAD and Revit drawing files. The other handicap we’ve been havin’ to deal with lately, is our plotter went down about 2 weeks ago. It’s an older model on its last leg, and will need to be replaced to the tune of between 35-40K. Dealing with supply chain issues and such, now.

Anyhoo, work was fine, but, the real adventure was in gettin’ to and from the office…!!!!! :hilarious:
Trees and tree branches (mostly branches) down everywhere. In the 46+ years we’ve lived here, I’ve never seen it this bad.
I got within’ about 2.5 miles of the office on the main highway part of my commute, only to run into a police road block…I had no clue, so I turned around and pulled over to Google.
Yesterday, some clown in a truck lost control and rolled over into a power pole, dragging down power lines across both lanes of traffic, and including the grass median…!!! :facepalm:
I had to head about 2.5 miles back north (over the Pennybacker Bridge that spans Lake Austin), take another hill country road east to another main highway in near west Austin heading south, then exit to the road that took me west to our office.
Fast forward to this evenin’…
Partner said that the main highway power line fun still had it blocked off. I could take the reverse route I took to the office (sans the 2.5 mile backtrack ;)), a more westerly (longer route) that I’ve used in a pinch before, or a closer winding, very hilly, hill country road that I haven’t used in 2 decades.
Yep, I chose the 2-decade road…after driving around multiple downed trees/branches, 2 wrong turns and backtracking, I finally made it to the main highway, north of the continuing power line fun…”Adventure is out there…!!!”…!!!!! 🤣
First of all, glad you made it to your office, and back home, safe and sound!!

Also, glad you didn't lose your power at home. Even last night, I was watching multiple national news reports of the ice/tree damage in Austin, and surrounding areas. Yikes! You guys really got hammered. Hoping the danger passes by today, if your forecast calls for higher temperatures to melt some of that ice.

Lilofan

Girl Scouts...becoming successful business girls every year telling the public they have to buy smaller boxes of cookies for higher price.
It’s called shrinkflation . Some like to single out Disney, but the Mouse is not the only player in this for profit game.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

It’s called shrinkflation . Some like to single out Disney, but the Mouse is not the only player in this for profit game.
I say it is about time, I am so tired of long ride attractions, meals that actually cover a plate, and only paying $600 for a $150. room. I want to pay more to get into a park that has fewer things to do (that don't have an additional charge), shorter shows, fewer hours and long lines. After all, what is money for if not to spend for nothing. We started out complaining about to much cereal in our cereal boxes and the manufacturers listened and we now pay for a 1/3rd empty box. It's about time they stopped overburdening us with getting what we paid for. At least that is what they said, I don't eat cereal so I have to guess that those full boxes must have been to heavy to lift forcing people to demand less product. They said it was public demand that prompted the less is more attitude.

Lilofan

I say it is about time, I am so tired of long ride attractions, meals that actually cover a plate, and only paying $600 for a $150. room. I want to pay more to get into a park that has fewer things to do (that don't have an additional charge), shorter shows, fewer hours and long lines. After all, what is money for if not to spend for nothing. We started out complaining about to much cereal in our cereal boxes and the manufacturers listened and we now pay for a 1/3rd empty box. It's about time they stopped overburdening us with getting what we paid for. At least that is what they said, I don't eat cereal so I have to guess that those full boxes must have been to heavy to lift forcing people to demand less product. They said it was public demand that prompted the less is more attitude.
Back in the day when I was a little one , before I even ate a tablespoon of cereal with milk I countless times dug my entire forearm into the cereal box to fish out the prize.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom