The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Here at the Massachusetts Audubon, we have Ms. G. She disagrees with Punxsutawney Phil's prediction of 6 more weeks of winter. I disagree with her prediction of an early spring. I say, Punxsutawney Phil for the win! :joyfull:

Phil's stew;)

wdwfan4ver

Here at the Massachusetts Audubon, we have Ms. G. She disagrees with Punxsutawney Phil's prediction of 6 more weeks of winter. I disagree with her prediction of an early spring. I say, Punxsutawney Phil for the win! :joyfull:

The groundhog at the local zoo disagreed with Ms. G and predicted this instead:
tumblr_p3kwtyaw7D1tsppsxo2_640.jpg

Lilofan

I didn't even have to see one on the street. One of them came into my classroom looking all cute and I was duped into getting 2 boxes.
Smartest girl scout accompanied by her dad was in San Diego. The 9 year old girl scout pushed a pull wheel cart full of girl scout cookie boxes. She sold over several hundred boxes in a few hours to customers standing in line outside a marijuana dispensary store .

donaldtoo

Crazy day…
Power was finally restored at the office around 10:30a, as per our Office Managers text. She also said that it was deemed an optional day, because we had no water, Wi-Fi, or internet. However, the server was accessible, so we could work in our CAD and Revit drawing files. The other handicap we’ve been havin’ to deal with lately, is our plotter went down about 2 weeks ago. It’s an older model on its last leg, and will need to be replaced to the tune of between 35-40K. Dealing with supply chain issues and such, now.

Anyhoo, work was fine, but, the real adventure was in gettin’ to and from the office…!!!!! :hilarious:
Trees and tree branches (mostly branches) down everywhere. In the 46+ years we’ve lived here, I’ve never seen it this bad.
I got within’ about 2.5 miles of the office on the main highway part of my commute, only to run into a police road block…I had no clue, so I turned around and pulled over to Google.
Yesterday, some clown in a truck lost control and rolled over into a power pole, dragging down power lines across both lanes of traffic, and including the grass median…!!! :facepalm:
I had to head about 2.5 miles back north (over the Pennybacker Bridge that spans Lake Austin), take another hill country road east to another main highway in near west Austin heading south, then exit to the road that took me west to our office.
Fast forward to this evenin’…
Partner said that the main highway power line fun still had it blocked off. I could take the reverse route I took to the office (sans the 2.5 mile backtrack ;)), a more westerly (longer route) that I’ve used in a pinch before, or a closer winding, very hilly, hill country road that I haven’t used in 2 decades.
Yep, I chose the 2-decade road…after driving around multiple downed trees/branches, 2 wrong turns and backtracking, I finally made it to the main highway, north of the continuing power line fun…”Adventure is out there…!!!”…!!!!! 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom