The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Tony the Tigger

OK this was impressive to me.

Friday night, I went to the gym, thought I had a great workout, and then when I got home, my shoulder hurt - like, really hurt. I had not done any shoulder exercises, but figured I must have done something else wrong. By Saturday morning, it was pretty crummy, and a pain I had not experienced before. It was not "stabby," and definitely not "good sore." It was pretty painful if I moved my arm certain ways, but also hard to explain. Over the course of the day, I realized how hard it is to keep your arm still(!) even just resting on the couch.

Sunday morning, it was improved but still painful. I kept my appointment with my personal trainer because I know he is also certified in physical therapy. We did some stretches and light exercises, and he seemed to think it was not a rotator cuff injury (whew!) based on certain movements I could do without pain. He gave me some stretch bands to take home and I hoped it would improve again overnight and not end up being some major thing that takes weeks to recover or worse.

Sunday night, I went to hang out and work where I usually go, and my friend Jared said he was calling "the massage guy" for his back. We had done this before recently, we split his travel fee. He's that good.

I had realistic/low expectations, other than maybe a minor improvement in the pain level and possibly giving the overnight healing a better shot.

After 25 minutes - the pain was completely gone. Zero pain. From a massage. What?! I have had plenty of massages but they never worked that kind of magic. I was half afraid it would come back. Went home and did my stretches, went to bed - and as of this morning, whatever he did stuck. No pain! Did not expect that at all. Wild.

Cesar R M

Friday night, I went to the gym, thought I had a great workout, and then when I got home, my shoulder hurt - like, really hurt. I had not done any shoulder exercises, but figured I must have done something else wrong. By Saturday morning, it was pretty crummy, and a pain I had not experienced before. It was not "stabby," and definitely not "good sore." It was pretty painful if I moved my arm certain ways, but also hard to explain. Over the course of the day, I realized how hard it is to keep your arm still(!) even just resting on the couch.

Sunday morning, it was improved but still painful. I kept my appointment with my personal trainer because I know he is also certified in physical therapy. We did some stretches and light exercises, and he seemed to think it was not a rotator cuff injury (whew!) based on certain movements I could do without pain. He gave me some stretch bands to take home and I hoped it would improve again overnight and not end up being some major thing that takes weeks to recover or worse.

Sunday night, I went to hang out and work where I usually go, and my friend Jared said he was calling "the massage guy" for his back. We had done this before recently, we split his travel fee. He's that good.

I had realistic/low expectations, other than maybe a minor improvement in the pain level and possibly giving the overnight healing a better shot.

After 25 minutes - the pain was completely gone. Zero pain. From a massage. What?! I have had plenty of massages but they never worked that kind of magic. I was half afraid it would come back. Went home and did my stretches, went to bed - and as of this morning, whatever he did stuck. No pain! Did not expect that at all. Wild.
So, you might have had a muscle pinching another?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Very pretty! Just an fyi, if you can polish your nails you can easily dip them at home;)
Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Marvel Studios

StarWarsGirl

Very pretty! Just an fyi, if you can polish your nails you can easily dip them at home;)
Yeah, I do have the kit but the first time I got them done in the salon to see the technique and to ensure that I wasn't allergic to anything.

I got them done this time because, you know, the groundhog might see his shadow. And I might need to head to Florida. And if I head to Florida, I wouldn't want one popping off mid trip because I did it wrong. 🤣

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

When I was having a lot of back pain massages worked wonders for me. You probably had the benefit of doing those stretches too. I'm glad your shoulder is better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom