The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

The distinction between the two (back then), was that garbage included anything with food -- table scraps, bananna peels, or any other food being discarded. Trash was anything "dry" -- paper, boxes, glass jars, household items, etc. As I vaguely recall, I think it was the local board of health that finally put the end to backyard (In-ground) garbage cans (and I'm sure it also cut down the price of trash collection, to just have one all-inclusive, trash pickup each week).

Funny side note: There were raccoons in the town, and they'd often figure out how to push up the lid on those backyard garbage cans. My father had to actually put a few heavy bricks on top of the lid, so that the raccoons couldn't get into the garbage! :p
(Note to @King Racoon 77 -- I imagine you must be proud of your ancestors . . . :joyfull: )

I figured it was probably something along those lines…thanks for the clarification…!!! :)

We have a raccoon problem here, as well.
The solution…2 large brick pavers…1 on the trash can lid and 1 on the recycling can lid…gotta’ love timeless solutions…!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

I have a neighbor who jogs and tells me I need to do so as well. NOT HAPPENING! I have more invested in my knees than many do in their homes

I cringe every time I see someone overweight running/jogging. Running with all those extra pounds increases your odds of joint damage or injury by a lot.
Being overweight myself, I would definitely start with more low-impact exercise, like walking, swimming, stationary bike, etc., or a combination thereof.
Higher-impact with extra tonnage is just askin’ for trouble.

donaldtoo

mad gran torino GIF

Oh my…I’ll be 60 in October…and, not much left of our scorched lawn anyway to yell at people (kids ;)) to get off of…!!!!! :hilarious:

Also, that gif reminds me of this t-shirt I picked up in Carmel, CA in the summer of ‘87…!!!!! 🤣

8694B54A-28A4-483B-B936-81C619895556.jpeg

donaldtoo

I think I watch too many YouTube live streams…
Resort TV1, Meyers and the Mouse, Brian and Amanda, Mouse Talk, Drew in the Moment, etc.
Currently watchin’ Meyers and the Mouse live stream from MK.
Too much of the time these days, there’s just nothin’ on cable that interests me… 🤷‍♂️

Lilofan

I cringe every time I see someone overweight running/jogging. Running with all those extra pounds increases your odds of joint damage or injury by a lot.
Being overweight myself, I would definitely start with more low-impact exercise, like walking, swimming, stationary bike, etc., or a combination thereof.
Higher-impact with extra tonnage is just askin’ for trouble.
Swimming is my daily exercise. 30 min of lap swimming every morning at 6am. I’m back to my weight in high school. One thing about swimming it makes me voraciously hungry with the amount of calories I burn without the sweat. When Michael Phelps used to swim 2-3 hours a day and also include weight training in gym and I can see why he eats 10K or more calories a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom