The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I’ve noticed more fried foods are eaten in the South, particularly the Deep South. I’d venture to guess income, economic class, poverty play into why a number of the cuisine is deep fried. Going to a state fair it’s amazing many things are deep fried - watermelon, chocolate, a number of types of protein , cheesecake , etc, I eat fried food in limited instances , my annual blood work will tell me how I am doing and I need to make changes to improve
There is a difference between fried chicken and fried Twinkies at the fair grounds. The later done more for fun then what would be a normal diet. When chicken is fried properly, it isn't anymore unhealthy than baked chicken. Down here I have never had fried chicken that is greasy. It is always moist on the inside and the only unhealthy part is the skin which is an optional eat plus eating the skin from baked chicken is the same unhealthy thing. The chicken part does factor into the economic status, but fried is not the identifying social label it's just the way it has been done culturally. Heck, I've even seen them fry up green string beans in bacon fat. Now that seems to cancel out the nutritional value of a green bean.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
There is a difference between fried chicken and fried Twinkies at the fair grounds. The later done more for fun then what would be a normal diet. When chicken is fried properly, it isn't anymore unhealthy than baked chicken. Down here I have never had fried chicken that is greasy. It is always moist on the inside and the only unhealthy part is the skin which is an optional eat plus eating the skin from baked chicken is the same unhealthy thing. The chicken part does factor into the economic status, but fried is not the identifying social label it's just the way it has been done culturally. Heck, I've even seen them fry up green string beans in bacon fat. Now that seems to cancel out the nutritional value of a green bean.
Do green beans even have a nutritional value ?
I always class them as roughage 😉

Lilofan

If nothing else they mask themselves as something that is good for you and if you put enough unhealthy stuff on or around it like bacon fat or butter, it is a guilt free long range suicide.
Elvis Presley lived eating food in bacon fat and butter but sadly the King died at age 42. I did like eating prepared by my mom when I was younger , one of Elvis’s sandwiches , a fried peanut butter banana sandwich. A guilty pleasure for some is eating at the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas. AED machines are in the location if one needs one.

Goofyernmost

Elvis Presley lived eating food in bacon fat and butter but sadly the King died at age 42. I did like eating prepared by my mom when I was younger , one of Elvis’s sandwiches , a fried peanut butter banana sandwich. A guilty pleasure for some is eating at the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas. AED machines are in the location if one needs one.
If were only fried food that did the King in it would be an easy sell, but there was much more to that story.

Lilofan

If were only fried food that did the King in it would be an easy sell, but there was much more to that story.
Yes having his own personal doctor that could prescribed anything he wanted was an accident waiting to happen. The King lived hard by constantly performing so many concerts every year but self medicated with a lot of prescription drugs. He did have 24/7 cooks at Graceland that could make him anything he wanted. One day I will visit Graceland.

StarWarsGirl

You would be a breath of fresh air in the investment banking business . In the high stress long hours involved there was at times one in the group with his/her fun oriented attitude in the most stressful of times.
I'm an accountant now, but I "grew up" professionally in IT. IT people are the most stressed people and simultaneously the most fun. They have to be to survive IT. One memorable day I walked into the back and nearly got shot with a nerf gun. I still don't know how we got away with that kind of thing at work, but it definitely made me less uptight.

FutureCEO

So my "friend" on Facebook (girl I went to high school with that I don't talk to) apartment complex caught on fire the other day. And while you feel for them, she put up go fund me, venmo, cash app and Paypal :banghead::banghead:

Speaking of people you don't talk to anymore, people are asking if we are having a 20th class reunion next year. SAVE ME. The only way I'll go is if I'm moving to Europe or become a big name and rub it in everyone's face.

StarWarsGirl

So my "friend" on Facebook (girl I went to high school with that I don't talk to) apartment complex caught on fire the other day. And while you feel for them, she put up go fund me, venmo, cash app and Paypal :banghead::banghead:
I don't mind when other people put up a Go Fund Me on someone's behalf, but putting it up yourself...yeah. Plus that's why you get renter's insurance.

Speaking of people you don't talk to anymore, people are asking if we are having a 20th class reunion next year. SAVE ME. The only way I'll go is if I'm moving to Europe or become a big name and rub it in everyone's face.
My tenth should be next year. Unless my long-time bestie asks me to go with her and her husband (we all graduated together, but they and his twin brother are the only people I regularly talk to from my graduating class) I have no desire to go.

tpoly88

Yes having his own personal doctor that could prescribed anything he wanted was an accident waiting to happen. The King lived hard by constantly performing so many concerts every year but self medicated with a lot of prescription drugs. He did have 24/7 cooks at Graceland that could make him anything he wanted. One day I will visit Graceland.
Sadly the King , along with Jonny Cash (he stopped), Marylin Monroe and many others including JFK all got hooked on pills made by Dr. Feelgood. These pills were strong and often started out as just a pain killer (JFK had a really bad back issue and at times had problems just standing up). Sad.. not to go on a tanget but ive seen some really good kids that got hooked on Oxy and other pain pills from a sports injury..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom