The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Tony the Tigger

I'll have to order some for my Irish tomorrow.

So the bad news is: after lots of drama, passing many make up tests, and finishing with an A average, Brian failed the make up exit exam by 2 points. Apparently a lot of people failed it. He was pretty crushed.

He had to re-enroll in that same class, and it starts tomorrow from 9-3. That's it, one day a week. He doesn't have to redo the clinical hours. On the plus side, it should be cake since he just took it, and he should be better prepared for the exit exam (and therefore the State test) in a few months.

So the school gets a $5K bonus in the form of making him take the class again because they suck so hard. Some of the students have chosen to transfer their credits elsewhere.

The other thing he is looking into is getting them to approve him taking the LPN State test for now (instead of the RN) because he already has enough credits for that one. Then he would get a "foot in the door" job for the next 4 months while he retakes this one class.

Kylie is all good.

I have a long day tomorrow. Before a 1-3PM appointment, I need to drive to Hialeah to pick up a wholesale order, to Davie to drop off the title from my old car to the Honda dealer (they're giving me a free tank of gas - woo hoo!) to my west store to drop off the wholesale order, and go to the gym. Home to order Irish dinner and drop off wholesale order at the east store, and then back to the west store for our first midnight new release event/St Patty's Day with pizza and prizes and what not. So we'll just stay open until 1-2AM. Should be fun!

Unfortunately today, someone posted our website on Reddit, and within 20 minutes we sold over 60 copies of a record we are only getting 6 of by Friday. I had to call Paypal and prepare them that I'm going to do $4K in refunds and please don't close my account. There's the slimmest chance we might get a few extra copies, I've asked around. But otherwise, refund city.

Figgy1

So the bad news is: after lots of drama, passing many make up tests, and finishing with an A average, Brian failed the make up exit exam by 2 points. Apparently a lot of people failed it. He was pretty crushed.

He had to re-enroll in that same class, and it starts tomorrow from 9-3. That's it, one day a week. He doesn't have to redo the clinical hours. On the plus side, it should be cake since he just took it, and he should be better prepared for the exit exam (and therefore the State test) in a few months.

So the school gets a $5K bonus in the form of making him take the class again because they suck so hard. Some of the students have chosen to transfer their credits elsewhere.

The other thing he is looking into is getting them to approve him taking the LPN State test for now (instead of the RN) because he already has enough credits for that one. Then he would get a "foot in the door" job for the next 4 months while he retakes this one class.

Kylie is all good.

I have a long day tomorrow. Before a 1-3PM appointment, I need to drive to Hialeah to pick up a wholesale order, to Davie to drop off the title from my old car to the Honda dealer (they're giving me a free tank of gas - woo hoo!) to my west store to drop off the wholesale order, and go to the gym. Home to order Irish dinner and drop off wholesale order at the east store, and then back to the west store for our first midnight new release event/St Patty's Day with pizza and prizes and what not. So we'll just stay open until 1-2AM. Should be fun!

Unfortunately today, someone posted our website on Reddit, and within 20 minutes we sold over 60 copies of a record we are only getting 6 of by Friday. I had to call Paypal and prepare them that I'm going to do $4K in refunds and please don't close my account. There's the slimmest chance we might get a few extra copies, I've asked around. But otherwise, refund city.
I have a few things to say about B's school but I'd get banned if I posted them. Pulaski Skyway comes to mind:angelic: Sending some extra pixie dust his way everything works out for him
{{HUG}} Kylie for me thnx
WOW!!!!!!!! It seems you're going to single handedly going to keep the oil companies in business tomorrow. Safe travels and good luck!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Kylie is all good.

Sorry to hear that Brian missed passing by just 2 points?!! Ugh. Stinks that he has to take that class again, but like you said, he should probably sail through it. I like the idea of him trying to take the LPN state test, (while taking the one course he's redoing to get his RN) to get his foot in the door somewhere. I think that sounds like a positive move.

Wow, as usual, you have a long day planned -- so what else is new? ;) Good thing is that after all your errands, you can look forward to a nice Irish dinner. (That's wild about the Reddit post -- yikes! Information travels so quickly! That's going to be a challenge, as you mentioned.)

Oh, as for the increased cd sales, I saw in a news report that some people were buying them as a way to make sure the artists were getting paid for their music. So that, among other reasons, accounts for sales.

Happy to hear that Kylie is doing well! 🐶

Figgy1

View attachment 627462

To all those who observe, Happy St. Patrick's Day. :)

(P.S.: My ancestors were from Ireland. I love corned beef and potatoes. :hungry: But, nix on cabbage! 🤮 )
Love all of it but the nix on the cabbage. I'm making corned beef, boxty, colcannon, cabbage, soda bread and scones. I was thinking about making pasties but that would be just a bit over the top

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Love all of it but the nix on the cabbage. I'm making corned beef, boxty, colcannon, cabbage, soda bread and scones. I was thinking about making pasties but that would be just a bit over the top
I was thinking of buying a corned beef sammie, if the grocery store deli has them today. (They don't always carry corned beef.) A year ago, I bought a corned beef to cook at home; but it was too big for us, even though I bought the smallest one--under 3 pounds. 🤷‍♀️

Songbird76

Kylie is all good.

So sorry Brian failed!! That's really awful. How does someone who was doing so well fail the final? Either the final is poorly made, or the teachers haven't taught the correct material! Does he have a job right now along with school? If he goes for his LPN license, will he have to quit one job to get on in nursing? Would he be happier doing that?

I take it you have some rare record that a whole bunch of people are looking for? Is there not a way to get more than 6? Good luck!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom