The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The weather guys are working now with SIX snow maps! :hilarious: The average data from all, shows a 12-18 iinch snowfall in my section of the state, but again, they're still messing around with the U.S. and European weather models.

Looks good! 🥰
Fingers crossed you get plenty.
going in deep GIF

Lilofan

The weather guys are working now with SIX snow maps! :hilarious: The average data from all, shows a 12-18 iinch snowfall in my section of the state, but again, they're still messing around with the U.S. and European weather models.

Looks good! 🥰
Why do some buy up all the milk and eggs before a storm? If the power goes out those items would not hold up . I've seen some fill up the grocery carts beyond overflowing and I know some are in panic buying mode.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Why do some buy up all the milk and eggs before a storm? If the power goes out those items would not hold up . I've seen some fill up the grocery carts beyond overflowing and I know some are in panic buying mode.
This ALWAYS happens before a snowstorm. ;) I think people assume they won't be out on fhe roads (if it's a ;major storm) for a few days, so they panic buy. I never do -- I just keep my usual amount of food at home.

That aside, what you're probably not taking into consideration is the fact that with a ton of snow, cold temps, etc., people may stash any extra perishables that would not fit into their refrigerator, outside in the snow. Works fine. (My parents used to do that on occasion -- keep in mind, I grew up in a family of six, so more food was bought.)

Goofyernmost

This ALWAYS happens before a snowstorm. ;) I think people assume they won't be out on fhe roads (if it's a ;major storm) for a few days, so they panic buy. I never do -- I just keep my usual amount of food at home.

That aside, what you're probably not taking into consideration is the fact that with a ton of snow, cold temps, etc., people may stash any extra perishables that would not fit into their refrigerator, outside in the snow. Works fine. (My parents used to do that on occasion -- keep in mind, I grew up in a family of six, so more food was bought.)
I have two and a half jumbo jars of Costco sized Peanut Butter, so I'm good for anything except a tornado picking up my building and moving it to Kansas. Right now they are forecasting less than an inch in the Raleigh area, but that easily could shut the area down again for the third weekend in a row.

FutureCEO

Anyone know of a trick to keep your glasses from fogging up while double masking? Single mask I'm okay but double mask on the train and then going outside is horrible. I end up carrying my glasses.

93boomer

Premium Member

In a pinch, I’ve heard to put snow in a cooler, full with perishables and sit outside if it’s really cold. Never, knock on wood,had to do this.

93boomer

Premium Member
I have two and a half jumbo jars of Costco sized Peanut Butter, so I'm good for anything except a tornado picking up my building and moving it to Kansas. Right now they are forecasting less than an inch in the Raleigh area, but that easily could shut the area down again for the third weekend in a row.
Ye we are getting mostly wind—no snow hopefully. We still have lots laying on the grass from the last storm.😕

93boomer

Premium Member
Anyone know of a trick to keep your glasses from fogging up while double masking? Single mask I'm okay but double mask on the train and then going outside is horrible. I end up carrying my glasses.
Sorry no. My DH just fusses a lot while his are doing that. He pulls down and pulls up.🤦🏻‍♀️

edit: that isn’t too clear. He adjusts up and down on his nose, not up and down off the face. 😜

Last edited:

Songbird76

I don't know about anyone else, but if my fridge is full, I set the milk outside. It's cold enough that it will keep it from spoiling, and frees up a lot of space in the fridge for things I don't want to put outside, like meat products. And eggs don't necessarily have to be refrigerated. They don't refrigerate them here at all. I always have mine in the fridge anyway, but most people don't, and stores don't. So it wouldn't matter if you bought extra and your power goes out. We call our back yard "The big fridge" during the winter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom