The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Minnie what are you having for Christmas dinner or lunch?
Considering my bro is driving up from N.C. tomorrow, (and it's unclear, with traffic/weather exactly what time he'll get there after midday), I had decided to do a slow cooker beef stew. That way, I could keep it warm for even up to 2 hours, if necessary. However, I think he'll probably make it up here around the time it's actually done. (In other words, I didn't want to do anything like an oven roast, for example, which could easily get overcooked, if he was delayed.) Plus, with the slow cooker, I can hang out with company until (early afternoon dinner) is ready to serve.

All I have to remember is to defrost the dinner rolls I bought a few days ago. Anyone placing bets that I forget to do this tomorrow morning?! :hilarious:

What are you cooking?

93boomer

Considering my bro is driving up from N.C. tomorrow, (and it's unclear, with traffic/weather exactly what time he'll get there after midday), I had decided to do a slow cooker beef stew. That way, I could keep it warm for even up to 2 hours, if necessary. However, I think he'll probably make it up here around the time it's actually done. (In other words, I didn't want to do anything like an oven roast, for example, which could easily get overcooked, if he was delayed.) Plus, with the slow cooker, I can hang out with company until (early afternoon dinner) is ready to serve.

All I have to remember is to defrost the dinner rolls I bought a few days ago. Anyone placing bets that I forget to do this tomorrow morning?! :hilarious:

What are you cooking?
Oh that sounds perfect!! Hope he gets there early and no traffic.
Well considering we are staying home this year, I picked up a small fresh split Turkey br. East to do in the air fryer, my Mom’s homemade dressing, green beans, gravy, cranberries, sweet potatoes, and deviled eggs. I figured I can get two days out so no cooking on Sunday.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

What are you cooking?
We are having a joint of beef in the slow cooker also for the 25th

John park hopper

After many years of eating shrimp (used to catch them put them in the freezer) developed a sever allergy to shrimp. Wife being a nurse said you can you can't eat crab or lobster so I haven't for 30 yrs. Never was tested so went to an allergist recently and was tested --shrimp came up positive but crab and lobster negative, she took blood sample and no antibodies for any of them. she told me try eating lobster and crab ate one small lobster tail and got violently ill. Couple days later ate 2 table spoons of crab meat felt OK, back to the allergist tested positive for lobster negative for crab. took another blood sample still no antibodies for any. The allergist said I don't know whats going on with you. Guess I won't be eating any of it sure had my hopes up love shrimp and blue crabs-- lobster not so much

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We had our unhealthy cheese filled Christmas Eve meal last night. Ham, cheesy hash brown casserole, cheeseball with club crackers, cheddar cheese tartlets, and chocolate mousse Yule log for dessert. B had bourbon to drink and I had a mini bottle of champagne.

tonight we will do charcuterie in between his church services. And tomorrow at my sisters house will be ravioli and sausage that she picked up from a restaurant and I am bringing homemade meatballs in my homemade sauce and I roasted tomatoes to serve on toasts with goat cheese.

EE10675E-7A4F-47DB-8332-C7CC73CE5FD0.jpeg0FAADFE4-93D9-4E66-837D-AB2B6FAB72AF.jpeg4F9C3A1F-CDBB-4C54-AD39-DB6CBA5C9CAB.jpegED3CCBB3-B0B0-4774-A564-83CA00BC3A7E.jpeg

Lilofan

What are you cooking?
The traffic day or night on I-95 going through Northern VA/DC had me stuck there for hours and that was not even on a holiday. Good luck to your brother with traffic. When I stayed in a hotel outside DC in Fredericksburg VA, I asked the hotel clerk when I-95 gets busy. The staff member said commuters get on the road by 530am to get to work by 8am.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

The traffic day or night on I-95 going through Northern VA/DC had me stuck there for hours and that was not even on a holiday. Good luck to your brother with traffic. When I stayed in a hotel outside DC in Fredericksburg VA, I asked the hotel clerk when I-95 gets busy. The staff member said commuters get on the road by 530am to get to work by 8am.
I think she once said that he lives in Western NC in which case it is probably time saving to find his way to I-81 and follow that to Pennsylvania bypassing most of the bigger traffic area below NJ and cut right across missing the area south of Baltimore's I-95. Coming from Western NC in my mind that would save mileage and time.

Lilofan

I think she once said that he lives in Western NC in which case it is probably time saving to find his way to I-81 and follow that to Pennsylvania bypassing most of the bigger traffic area below NJ and cut right across missing the area south of Baltimore's I-95. Coming from Western NC in my mind that would save mileage and time.
Got it. I took I-77 to I-81 going through the Blue Ridge Mountains a few times. I actually had my ears pop going through the high elevations on the mountains. I would avoid driving that area route at night.

Figgy1

Got it. I took I-77 to I-81 going through the Blue Ridge Mountains a few times. I actually had my ears pop going through the high elevations on the mountains. I would avoid driving that area route at night.
We've done it a couple of times to avoid 95 during a tropical storm and when detouring to relatives. I'd take night over the western edge of a storm anytime

donaldtoo

Well, there goes Christmas at Family Central (my folks place) this year…
Lil’ sis and her fam had Christmas at her hubby’s bros house night before last. They drove up from Louisiana yesterday to celebrate Christmas with us all, and spent the night at my folks house. Her hubby’s bro called this morning saying he tested positive for Covid.
This sucks, on top of sucks, with extra suck sauce…!!!!! *%#}+=*@$ :banghead::banghead::banghead::bored::bored::bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom