The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The saga continues...

My mom called a manager today she knows because their packages were missing also. So their packages showed up...but mine did not. The manager found my package...sitting on the dock. The manager has it in his office and is going to personally ensure it gets on the truck.

Also earlier I tried to get through to a manager and got hung up on, so that was fun.

I have a package that literally said "out for delivery" yesterday even though it wasnt even in my area. Today? Now says shipped, and this isnt coming from FedEx.

StarWarsGirl

Wait....what do you mean by it was sitting on the dock? Like, a boat dock? Or in the loading dock, that it just didn't get picked up? And how does that happen?
Loading dock. It was left there by stupid, incompetent people. FedEx is the absolute worst. I hold my breath every time I have something delivered by them. It's pretty bad that I don't worry this much when something comes through the mail.

StarWarsGirl

Federal Express was at one time the gold standard for shipping. These days you're lucky if they don't play kick the can with your package and it eventually winds up where it should.
My neighbors sent footage that they got on their Ring camera to FedEx. A driver tossed their package out of the truck (like tossed, he didn't even bother getting out of the truck). Then he proceeded to back out over their garden and into their mailbox. Their mailbox is one of those sturdy brick ones but still.

donaldtoo

Not important, but why are your knees wet? Is there an interesting story behind that?

I have an odd condition known as “knee sweats”…!!!!! :D:hilarious:
All jokes aside, I flat-out don’t remember…that was in 2012, and I’ve slept since then…!!! ;) DHS has no water attractions, so the only thing I can figure is maybe I spilled a cup of the free CS water on myself, that I always get to stay hydrated in the Parks…?! 🤔🤷‍♂️

donaldtoo

Nice that they do that for you! The company I work for was taken over by a bigger company this year, and while we still have our same name and everything and we are only under the "umbrella" of their company, I've noticed that the things they used to do don't seem to be happening. We used to get a chocolate S for Sinterklaas every year from a gourmet chocolatier. Sunday was Sinterklaas and I've been to work twice this week and no one has said a thing about it, and we know the company that took us over doesn't do special stuff for their employees. Someone asked about parties and stuff in the big meeting we had about what the takeover was going to be like, would we still keep our jobs, etc... and the guy said that they've never had a party that he could remember. That's been a big thing at our company, to the point that we got in trouble for not going to the Christmas party one year. It was held on my birthday, so I didn't sign up to go, and everyone who didn't sign up got called into a meeting one day if they were there to demand the reason they weren't going and to pressure them to go because people had worked hard to organize it. I wasn't there that day, so I just got the email demanding to know why I wasn't going, and I replied that I wanted to spend my birthday with family, not 200 coworkers I don't even know. They sent an email back asking me to consider coming anyway. Um.....no. I don't like parties, I hate large groups, and I'm not spending my birthday doing something I hate. Anyway, someone mentioned in this meeting with the new company that our company is big on parties.....a BBQ in the Summer, a Christmas party, and little things in between like getting the chocolate for Sinterklaas, gifts for birthdays, etc and the guy said they have never had a party or anything that he knew of. Ever. And they don't even give their employees a store discount. They do NOTHING for their employees, so I'm wondering if we will get a Christmas package this year, or if I will get a birthday gift....we've always gotten a giftcard of our choice before, but I was at work last night and they didn't mention anything, so I guess we'll see. If I hear nothing on Friday, I'll assume that's a thing of the past. We have record sales this year because of Corona, and we've all had to work extra hours, and it seems like we're going to be rewarded by them taking all the bonuses away.

Wow, that sucks. I’m really sorry they don’t understand how important you all are to them.
Our firm is the opposite. The more successful the firm is the more they reward us. There are only 32 of us, and they expect results, but, they also take good care of us…health benefits, 401K, separate profit sharing account, annual raises (the first year I was back I received two raises, and have received one every year since, with the most recent one being 8%).
Is there possibly another local company that you can find a better job with…?

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Wow, that sucks. I’m really sorry they don’t understand how important you all are to them.
Our firm is the opposite. The more successful the firm is the more they reward us. There are only 32 of us, and they expect results, but, they also take good care of us…health benefits, 401K, separate profit sharing account, annual raises (the first year I was back I received two raises, and have received one every year since, with the most recent one being 8%).
Is there possibly another local company that you can find a better job with…?

And, to follow up…
With them providing an expensive Christmas party again this year (last year didn’t happen because of COVID), I figured our Christmas bonuses would be smaller this year, but, no…same huge bonus, plus the Christmas party.
It’s hard work, but, the partners get it.

wdwfan4ver

Good morning and don't forget to take your meds ;)
She doesn't need the meds;). She wants her home to look like this in December with the location of the snow:
d1c905e50e1abeb65d939cb72040facb--disney-village-department-.jpg

donaldtoo

The problem is companies like Songbird76 is turning into more of the norm out there.

True.
But, to be fair, employees aren’t as loyal as they once were.
It goes both ways, and in many cases, employers and employees seem less like a team and more like adversaries.
My pop worked for IBM for over 27 years, and coming this February, I will have worked for my firm for a total of 28 years.
It’s just a whole different dynamic these days, in most cases.

donaldtoo

And, speaking of the firm…
We have yet another famous client, and it’s legendary country music icon George Strait…!!! :)
He is by far and away Carolyn’s favorite country music star, and she’s a big country music fan.
We’ll be doin’ some projects on his Texas ranch.
Partner came up to me today and said he was gonna’ have a phone call with George Strait in a few minutes. I said “The George Strait…?”, and he casually said “Yes.”
Slightly different client than “The Undertaker”…!!!!! :hilarious:

Cesar R M

Anyone remembers the matrix? takes like bullet time took months to render with gigantic rendering farms.
Now apparently with UNREAL ENGINE 5 ( one of the most advanced and most used game engines for PC and console games) now can run the MATRIX at almost cinematic quality.. in real time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom