The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Oh, and the firm gave me the same huge Christmas bonus as last year…!!!!!!! :joyfull:
And, this year, we also get a fancy-schmancy Christmas party to boot, unlike last year…and it’s this Friday…!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Laid back casual attire this year…!!! :)
Nice that they do that for you! The company I work for was taken over by a bigger company this year, and while we still have our same name and everything and we are only under the "umbrella" of their company, I've noticed that the things they used to do don't seem to be happening. We used to get a chocolate S for Sinterklaas every year from a gourmet chocolatier. Sunday was Sinterklaas and I've been to work twice this week and no one has said a thing about it, and we know the company that took us over doesn't do special stuff for their employees. Someone asked about parties and stuff in the big meeting we had about what the takeover was going to be like, would we still keep our jobs, etc... and the guy said that they've never had a party that he could remember. That's been a big thing at our company, to the point that we got in trouble for not going to the Christmas party one year. It was held on my birthday, so I didn't sign up to go, and everyone who didn't sign up got called into a meeting one day if they were there to demand the reason they weren't going and to pressure them to go because people had worked hard to organize it. I wasn't there that day, so I just got the email demanding to know why I wasn't going, and I replied that I wanted to spend my birthday with family, not 200 coworkers I don't even know. They sent an email back asking me to consider coming anyway. Um.....no. I don't like parties, I hate large groups, and I'm not spending my birthday doing something I hate. Anyway, someone mentioned in this meeting with the new company that our company is big on parties.....a BBQ in the Summer, a Christmas party, and little things in between like getting the chocolate for Sinterklaas, gifts for birthdays, etc and the guy said they have never had a party or anything that he knew of. Ever. And they don't even give their employees a store discount. They do NOTHING for their employees, so I'm wondering if we will get a Christmas package this year, or if I will get a birthday gift....we've always gotten a giftcard of our choice before, but I was at work last night and they didn't mention anything, so I guess we'll see. If I hear nothing on Friday, I'll assume that's a thing of the past. We have record sales this year because of Corona, and we've all had to work extra hours, and it seems like we're going to be rewarded by them taking all the bonuses away.

StarWarsGirl

"You have been especially unhelpful today, but thank you for your time." 🤣
The saga continues...

My mom called a manager today she knows because their packages were missing also. So their packages showed up...but mine did not. The manager found my package...sitting on the dock. The manager has it in his office and is going to personally ensure it gets on the truck.

Also earlier I tried to get through to a manager and got hung up on, so that was fun.

Songbird76

The saga continues...

My mom called a manager today she knows because their packages were missing also. So their packages showed up...but mine did not. The manager found my package...sitting on the dock. The manager has it in his office and is going to personally ensure it gets on the truck.

Also earlier I tried to get through to a manager and got hung up on, so that was fun.
Wait....what do you mean by it was sitting on the dock? Like, a boat dock? Or in the loading dock, that it just didn't get picked up? And how does that happen?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom