The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending negative thoughts your way

Thanks, Figgy.
3 younger folks at my office have already had COVID at some point. The first one early on before the shots came out, and that’s when the firm spent 10K havin’ the place deep-cleaned.
Another went to a wedding a while back and never even came back to the office before she tested positive.
The other was in the office on a Monday morning back in late July, but, was feelin’ bad so sent home, and later tested positive.
At that point, almost everyone in the office had been fully vaccinated, and there weren’t really any break-through cases.
Things are different now. We shall see…

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So anyway, my wife changes the table cloths 4 times a year and has various decorations for here and there in the house as well...View attachment 589084View attachment 589085
I really like her modern centerpiece on the autumn tablecloth.

At home here, I occasionally change a tablecloth, but not for any particular reason (except maybe for the Christmas season). Sometimes, I just put out placemats instead of a cloth.

Cesar R M

There was a PBS special on just that subject and the possibility of a tsunami -- very scary and it will be catastrophic for the entire east coast destroying many many miles inland. It would make hurricane Sandy look like a walk in the park. Pray to god it does not happen

La Palma

Enlarge this image

"Canary Islands, Future
One group of scientists believes that conditions are ideal for a tsunami-producing landslide on the island of La Palma in the Canaries. The western flank of the island's active volcano has the potential to give way in a future eruption. If it did, a huge mass of rock weighing 500,000 million tons would fall into the Atlantic Ocean. Experts in Switzerland have simulated the potential effects of such a collapse. Their model shows that it could generate a wave capable of engulfing every port on the east coast of the U.S., which they believe may have happened during a similar tsunami 120,000 years ago"

Like global warming there are many scientist who believe it won't ever happen
Honestly I do not believe this as the waves start to reduce in size as distance.
There was a gigantic landslide in the USA that created a 100meters tall wave.
But the effect of the wave was not that far and was more localized.

Honestly , in my opinion the most dangerous is a thermal explosion by water entering the caldera after a landslide.
A Krakatoa+ event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom