The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Dd has a problem like that at work. A lady who’s been there forever keeps trying to tell everyone it’s not her problem it’s everyone else’s when clearly it is her.

At DWifeys work there is an older lady (72 - have no clue why she’s not retired) that is both very slow and incompetent in her work. DWifey has been assigned to double check and/or redo her work. DWifey is extremely proficient at her work.
They had an impromptu meeting in her department today that was with everyone about being more efficient that DWifey said was obviously directed at you-know-who.
DWifey is now training yet another new hire, and said she picked up on things quickly, as all but 2 others have not, and are gone.
Have no clue why this lady hasn’t been given the ol’ heave ho, but for a mercy thing maybe…? :cyclops:
So Dwifey is not only doing her job, but, essentially, the other lady’s job, as well.
Can’t figure out what the deal is there, but, it’s a Bravo Sierra situation, for sure… :bored:

Goofyernmost

Mt. Mansfield is gorgeous as well. I really like the Green Mountains in Vermont.
Yes, at times it is great. My last two working years, however, I was the supervisor for the shuttles from Stowe Village to the base lodge at Mt. Mansfield. I have been up there when there were 30 mph winds and actual temperature readings of -25F. And fools were up there taking the lift to the top and skiing down. I'm sorry but that borders on insanity especially when you have to wait for the snot to melt so you can blow your nose. One positive thing it did do was to help solidify my desire to move from there to NC.

Goofyernmost

At DWifeys work there is an older lady (72 - have no clue why she’s not retired) that is both very slow and incompetent in her work. DWifey has been assigned to double check and/or redo her work. DWifey is extremely proficient at her work.
They had an impromptu meeting in her department today that was with everyone about being more efficient that DWifey said was obviously directed at you-know-who.
DWifey is now training yet another new hire, and said she picked up on things quickly, as all but 2 others have not, and are gone.
Have no clue why this lady hasn’t been given the ol’ heave ho, but for a mercy thing maybe…? :cyclops:
So Dwifey is not only doing her job, but, essentially, the other lady’s job, as well.
Can’t figure out what the deal is there, but, it’s a Bravo Sierra situation, for sure… :bored:
What is a Bravo Sierra situation?

John park hopper

Another reason why social media is crazy (and yes, I know how ironic that message is here)

Due to the Canary Islands volcano erupting people are posting about the possibilities of a tsunami on the east coast.
There was a PBS special on just that subject and the possibility of a tsunami -- very scary and it will be catastrophic for the entire east coast destroying many many miles inland. It would make hurricane Sandy look like a walk in the park. Pray to god it does not happen

La Palma

Enlarge this image

"Canary Islands, Future
One group of scientists believes that conditions are ideal for a tsunami-producing landslide on the island of La Palma in the Canaries. The western flank of the island's active volcano has the potential to give way in a future eruption. If it did, a huge mass of rock weighing 500,000 million tons would fall into the Atlantic Ocean. Experts in Switzerland have simulated the potential effects of such a collapse. Their model shows that it could generate a wave capable of engulfing every port on the east coast of the U.S., which they believe may have happened during a similar tsunami 120,000 years ago"

Like global warming there are many scientist who believe it won't ever happen

FutureCEO

There was a PBS special on just that subject and the possibility of a tsunami -- very scary and it will be catastrophic for the entire east coast destroying many many miles inland. It would make hurricane Sandy look like a walk in the park. Pray to god it does not happen

La Palma

Enlarge this image

"Canary Islands, Future
One group of scientists believes that conditions are ideal for a tsunami-producing landslide on the island of La Palma in the Canaries. The western flank of the island's active volcano has the potential to give way in a future eruption. If it did, a huge mass of rock weighing 500,000 million tons would fall into the Atlantic Ocean. Experts in Switzerland have simulated the potential effects of such a collapse. Their model shows that it could generate a wave capable of engulfing every port on the east coast of the U.S., which they believe may have happened during a similar tsunami 120,000 years ago"

Like global warming there are many scientist who believe it won't ever happen

It will need to be a huge eruption though or many small ones. Though the one at Yellowstone or another super volcano is scarier though I have my views on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom