The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

If I have to pay you can keep it
If you live in a place that gets the giddy quantities of snow, believe me you will indeed pay for it. In the form of snow removal higher taxes and heating costs and unless you ski there is absolutely no benefit unless it falls on the 24th of December. That hardly ever happens. In fact, it is more likely to be 20 below zero F. with no snow or it will be raining. In the centuries preceding the 20th Century it was good to preserve food. Electric freezers now take care of the only useful thing it ever contributed.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As a kid we would vacation near Mt Monadnock NH and climb the trail to the top. NH is a beautiful State loved going there as a kid
Long time ago, I climbed Monadnock (vaguely recall white dot, and/or white cross trails) and it took a long time hiking up, with the group I was with. Recall some scrambling over rocks at one point. Really nice views from the top. It remains one of the most popular mountains for hiking in the state. Glad you had some nice vacation experiences as a kid, up in that area.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I never got there before the mountain lost face. I have been on the top of Mt. Mansfield a number of times. I even bypassed the cog railroad to the top of Pike's Peak choosing to drive and scare my passenger close to lapsing into a coma. I have never understood why they didn't put up something to stop cars from going over the edge. Guardrails I can understand would take away from the natural view, but something that looked like rocks but were really guardrails should be doable. Doesn't Colorado have imagineers?
Mt. Mansfield is gorgeous as well. I really like the Green Mountains in Vermont.

FutureCEO

Can't wait for the cycle to repeat. Aka complaining about snow.. but then only Minnie loves snow XD
I like snow but only when I don't have to drive or if I get to work from home. Never on a Monday or Tuesday.

I like rain but never in the dark because it's tough to see when driving.

I have a lot of rules. No left hand turns on busy roads except at lights, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom