The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Loved Epcot Forever at 10pm last night, got choked up. Only thing missing was a good nod to Illuminations.

I really like Epcot Forever as well. It is very nostalgic for me and I missed a tribute to Illuminations too. I can see why some people don't like it if they don't have the connection to old school Epcot. So what happened to B? I assume he was the one in the wheelchair in your earlier picture.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I know, I'm happy that we renewed before this as well. I'm not sure we will for 2022-2023, it might be a Disneyland year and we are planning on going to Paris.
We're planning DL next year, but we'll probably get the multi day tickets. None of this stupid "Magic Key" stuff. Why couldn't they just call them annual passes? "Magic Key". Such a stupid name. And why did they have to change the levels from Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Now it's Sorcerer and "Pirate". Makes absolutely no damn sense. So stupid.

Tony the Tigger

I really like Epcot Forever as well. It is very nostalgic for me and I missed a tribute to Illuminations too. I can see why some people don't like it if they don't have the connection to old school Epcot. So what happened to B? I assume he was the one in the wheelchair in your earlier picture.
This:

DCF57CFD-F26F-4AD6-8C1E-AC7C578D07B0.jpeg
This was several months ago. It wasn’t immediately apparent, but it messed his back up. He almost certainly needs surgery, but insurance is forcing weeks of physical therapy first (while he has been in pain.)

After doing Boo Bash the first night, I didn’t realize how bad he was on non-park Tuesday. We didn’t get to Epcot on Wednesday until about 7pm. Today, we went for the wheelchair. I suggested the scooter, but he volunteered me to push him all around HS, which is 90% uphill. 😉

So that was my workout for today. 😆

Back and forth from Star Wars to Tune-In with Julie. So happy she’s back.
4180354E-D784-4709-8458-28DDBD4A62E9.jpeg

MySmallWorldof4

Just a heads up about Melatonin -- it can raise blood pressure. So those who have elevated blood pressure should avoid it. (And there are specific BP meds that interact poorly with it, as well.)

Other than that, I've heard others do well with it. (I've never tried it.)
Our bodies make melatonin naturally in the middle of the night while we are sleeping. Does it best when it is super dark though, so no night lights. Some fun facts about melatonin
It is an antioxidant 5 times more powerful than Vitamin C.

-It increases the effectiveness of your lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are killer cells that fight off foreign invaders and mutated cells.

-It increases the activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione. These chemicals are antioxidants, detoxifiers, and help repair damaged cells.

MySmallWorldof4

Yeah...I love the "we listened to feedback from fans." No they didn't. If they did, they'd have a payment plan for non-Florida residents, more tiers available for non-DVC/Florida residents, Disney Genie+ Add one, etc. And also, they took away our Photopass downloads. That used to be included.

I suppose the only good thing is now you can add the water parks for $100. That used to only be included in the top tier pass or you had to buy a separate pass.
I have nothing nice to say about this so I will just keep my mouth shut.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This:

View attachment 583632
This was several months ago. It wasn’t immediately apparent, but it messed his back up. He almost certainly needs surgery, but insurance is forcing weeks of physical therapy first (while he has been in pain.)

After doing Boo Bash the first night, I didn’t realize how bad he was on non-park Tuesday. We didn’t get to Epcot on Wednesday until about 7pm. Today, we went for the wheelchair. I suggested the scooter, but he volunteered me to push him all around HS, which is 90% uphill. 😉

So that was my workout for today. 😆

Back and forth from Star Wars to Tune-In with Julie. So happy she’s back.
View attachment 583633

I'm sorry, I had forgotten about the car accident, too bad about him needing surgery and that he is in so much pain. At least you two can drown some of the pain at the Tune In Lounge. Good idea to get the wheelchair.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We're planning DL next year, but we'll probably get the multi day tickets. None of this stupid "Magic Key" stuff. Why couldn't they just call them annual passes? "Magic Key". Such a stupid name. And why did they have to change the levels from Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Now it's Sorcerer and "Pirate". Makes absolutely no damn sense. So stupid.
Yeah, the name changes are not necessary. I don't know if we will do magic key or not, I'll have to look at the budget and vacation days and see how it works out. The trip to Paris will be for my niece's high school graduation, so we have an extra person to pay for and that will take away from our vacation budget, but she is worth it and so is Paris!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom