The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Oddly enough, I liked Avatar -- not my usual type of movie, but I liked it. Saw it maybe 6 years ago on DVD. Enjoyed the attraction at WDW (at that time, early morning--I got on in less than 30 minutes, via the single rider line -- don't know if they've reinstated that yet).
I watched it and thought, "Oh, so many prime directive violations in this thing..." 😂

Also, why can't James Cameron make a short movie. Between that and Titanic, I feel like I've wasted so much of my life on his movies...

Lilofan

Settle an argument for me...

Dad made a reservation for Nine Dragons for our next trip.

I think this is a total waste of my time because I can get better Chinese food at home and there's better food that I can't get at home at Epcot. Dad thinks I'm crazy.

Thoughts?
I've never eaten at Nine Dragons and the ones who ate there say it is just average quality Chinese food at inflated prices.

Cesar R M

I think this is a total waste of my time because I can get better Chinese food at home and there's better food that I can't get at home at Epcot. Dad thinks I'm crazy.

Thoughts?
Is there any reason other than the food for him? Maybe he likes the convenience and ambience?
perhaps he's sick of the other restaurants?

I have done the Nine Dragons and I still say the food there doesn't feel authentic chinese just like La Cava and the mexican pavilion mix matched mexican recipes with texmex stuff.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Thoughts?
Never ate there, so can't add a review. But as for your dad, maybe just go along with it. He seems excited to try it, and it may be fun for him. Sometimes, it's not just about the food. (Yet, make sure that whatever other restaurants you choose for other nights -- go with the ones that you really enjoy.)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Is there any reason other than the food for him? Maybe he likes the convenience and ambience?
perhaps he's sick of the other restaurants?

I have done the Nine Dragons and I still say the food there doesn't feel authentic chinese just like La Cava and the mexican pavilion mix matched mexican recipes with texmex stuff.
Oh, the majority of Americans wouldn't eat "authentic" Chinese food. Nine Dragons is the same stuff they serve at like PF Chang's or our local Chinese restaurants. The difference being my local Chinese restaurant has better food for cheaper.

I'm also just not that big on Chinese food. It can be difficult with the shrimp and nut allergies, and I really only like General Tso's Chicken or Sesame Chicken, and the Sesame Chicken at Nine Dragon's is...not good. When we go to Yak and Yeti, I get the Chicken Tika Masala, which is Indian food. I actually like going there because I like Indian food, and the rest of my family doesn't, so it's one of the few times I can get Indian food.

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Thoughts?
I like 9 dragons. Not the best Chinese but still a nice meal.
So you can tell your dad he likes the same food as a raccoon 😂😂😂

Figgy1

Thoughts?
Have you started looking into homes for the elderly or the garage at least. btw I said it wouldn't be long:angelic: ps as others have said Y&Y also have heard reports 9D isn't the best with allergies, only because I stalk allergy reviews. I'd post that question in the dining threads

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom