The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
HOLY HELL! Getting a stinking vaccine during a pandemic should NOT be that hard! (I also use inhalers and now I'm wondering if when I qualify I should bring the print-out from the pharmacy with all the info on it.)

My mom tried using the state website here in MA to get an appointment near her and my step-dad, but getting an appointment was basically impossible. She called 211 (general information line used for various things, but now set up to handle helping with COVID appointments), and it took 5 days, but the woman at 211 managed to get them appointments at the same time. They have to drive about 60 miles into the city, but she's not griping about that because she's just happy they have appointments and that they're at the same time. They're both over 70. She is a smoker and is asthmatic, and he is a 3x cancer survivor who is still very weak and also had open heart surgery in between bouts of cancer.
In this case, that wouldn't have mattered - this was the doctor who prescribed the inhalers! Sorry it's such a long trip for your parents!
I am in inhalers for asthma too. The chart keeps telling me I am in group 4. 😡 Yes, I am under the 65+ that they are doing for probably months from now. But, when you fill out their forms to see when you can get the vaccine, it asks for things like asthma etc. So, you would think if you had one of those conditions listed, you could get one sooner. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe I will be able to get one in April?🤦🏻‍♀️

ImperfectPixie

I am in inhalers for asthma too. The chart keeps telling me I am in group 4. 😡 Yes, I am under the 65+ that they are doing for probably months from now. But, when you fill out their forms to see when you can get the vaccine, it asks for things like asthma etc. So, you would think if you had one of those conditions listed, you could get one sooner. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe I will be able to get one in April?🤦🏻‍♀️
I'm under 50...so I don't know when I'll be able to yet.

MouseDreaming

I asked who made the decision, I need to speak with them. She said the Doctor, but he isn't here. (He hasn't been in for weeks, some kind of personal issues, the office is on very short hours with only the PA) so I called her out on that BS. He isn't here, but he made the decision? I work with the public every day, I've been patiently waiting for this (being high risk) and I need them to sign the paper.

"Brian qualifies, you don't."

She said then go back to your old doctor.

!!!

I said we've had different insurance every year for the past three years, all with different primaries, but at least go get Brian's paperwork.

At this point, Brian called me. He said the prior primary signed everything, no questions asked, no appointment, no charge. For both of us.

She came back with Brian's paperwork, and I told her I don't need it. I tried to tell her we did what she said: while I was here, Brian was at our previous doctor, and he signed everything for both of us. She was shouting over me repeatedly, "Brian qualifies, you don't! Brian qualifies, you don't!" I said I do, and I'm getting my shot in an hour - along with a new primary, because you literally don't care if I live or die, and were acting like this was too much trouble all along.

/drama.

Publix was excellent. They are scheduling people one at a time, 15 minutes apart, so there's no line or anything.

We both got our first Moderna shots today, and we are scheduled for our second shot on April 5.

From what I have read, we will have a good degree of immunity (like around 90%) after two weeks, and then it goes up to 95% two weeks after the second one - and it's good with most current variants, which are all down here in South Florida.

I didn't even call her any names until I got into the elevator, under my breath.

Why do people have to stress me out?! LOL.

Next negotiation: 2PM: store lease.
Glad it worked out in the end, but wow!

Something tells me the next negotiation of your day will run a lot smoother.

Cesar R M

HOLY HELL! Getting a stinking vaccine during a pandemic should NOT be that hard! (I also use inhalers and now I'm wondering if when I qualify I should bring the print-out from the pharmacy with all the info on it.)

My mom tried using the state website here in MA to get an appointment near her and my step-dad, but getting an appointment was basically impossible. She called 211 (general information line used for various things, but now set up to handle helping with COVID appointments), and it took 5 days, but the woman at 211 managed to get them appointments at the same time. They have to drive about 60 miles into the city, but she's not griping about that because she's just happy they have appointments and that they're at the same time. They're both over 70. She is a smoker and is asthmatic, and he is a 3x cancer survivor who is still very weak and also had open heart surgery in between bouts of cancer.
yikes, now I understand why americans are coming in groups to get vaccinated in my town.

Songbird76

I asked who made the decision, I need to speak with them. She said the Doctor, but he isn't here. (He hasn't been in for weeks, some kind of personal issues, the office is on very short hours with only the PA) so I called her out on that BS. He isn't here, but he made the decision? I work with the public every day, I've been patiently waiting for this (being high risk) and I need them to sign the paper.

"Brian qualifies, you don't."

She said then go back to your old doctor.

!!!

I said we've had different insurance every year for the past three years, all with different primaries, but at least go get Brian's paperwork.

At this point, Brian called me. He said the prior primary signed everything, no questions asked, no appointment, no charge. For both of us.

She came back with Brian's paperwork, and I told her I don't need it. I tried to tell her we did what she said: while I was here, Brian was at our previous doctor, and he signed everything for both of us. She was shouting over me repeatedly, "Brian qualifies, you don't! Brian qualifies, you don't!" I said I do, and I'm getting my shot in an hour - along with a new primary, because you literally don't care if I live or die, and were acting like this was too much trouble all along.

/drama.

Publix was excellent. They are scheduling people one at a time, 15 minutes apart, so there's no line or anything.

We both got our first Moderna shots today, and we are scheduled for our second shot on April 5.

From what I have read, we will have a good degree of immunity (like around 90%) after two weeks, and then it goes up to 95% two weeks after the second one - and it's good with most current variants, which are all down here in South Florida.

I didn't even call her any names until I got into the elevator, under my breath.

Why do people have to stress me out?! LOL.

Next negotiation: 2PM: store lease.
Well, I'm glad you were able to get the shot, but what I'm wondering is why did you switch primaries in the first place? It sounds like this one isn't great, but obviously your old one took care of it. Was there a problem with the old one?

Songbird76

We're so behind on our vaccines. Originally they said they'd be starting with high risk groups in February, but now they are not wanting to give a firm answer on any group and are just giving a generic "everyone should be able to get their first shot by sometime in July". But you have to get an invitation from the national health organization...you get sent a letter with an appointment already made for you. You get no say in the making of the appointment. They just tell you "This is the date and time of your vaccination. Be at this location at this time and bring this letter and photo ID with you." So you have to wait until you get the letter. I have diabetes, but so far no letter, and I think they are still on 70+, and since I'm in my 40s, I've got a ways to go. And they apparently said if they are low on vaccines, they'll skip over our province until they get more, and give the ones they have to the less populated provinces to get them done first so they don't run out halfway through vaccinating our province. At this rate, I'm thinking July is actually pretty optimistic.

Tony the Tigger

Meeting with the new building owner went much better than expected. Someone in his office had led me to believe he wasn’t doing lease renewals. I was interested in taking over the space next door to mine and joining them. They had sent me a lease for only 18 months, which would make renovations unaffordable.

Nothing is in stone yet, but he was very agreeable, liked my vision, and said “we will make it work.” I am cautiously optimistic (that’s a lot for me lol.)

And I’m partially vaccinated - all before dinner!

25B39F3B-415A-4350-9470-C144AA9095CD.jpeg

ImperfectPixie

Meeting with the new building owner went much better than expected. Someone in his office had led me to believe he wasn’t doing lease renewals. I was interested in taking over the space next door to mine and joining them. They had sent me a lease for only 18 months, which would make renovations unaffordable.

Nothing is in stone yet, but he was very agreeable, liked my vision, and said “we will make it work.” I am cautiously optimistic (that’s a lot for me lol.)

View attachment 537994
Great news on both fronts!

Songbird76

View attachment 537994
I feel like we need an applauding emojo in the "like" options! Go you!

93boomer

Premium Member

View attachment 537994
Yayyy for pixie dust!!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom