The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

With the recent discussion about Christmas movies, it dawned on me that I haven't seen Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol for at least a few years now. I used to like that one, too -- they also actually had some good songs in it. Did anyone else happen to notice if it was shown at all the past few weeks?
I have not seen the movie lately but one of my fellow peers who was part of the massive layoffs in my company in the 2009 recession was nicknamed Mr Magoo because he looked exactly like him. I fell out of touch but I learned this year he passed away from cancer last year at age 71.

Lilofan

@Lilofan , how was your Christmas Day?
Very well thank you. Went to Mass, and we had a small gathering with family at home. I was sad when I learned that our pastor who traveled to South America to visit family a few weeks ago is under a doctors care with Father running a fever and cold and is still there. Covid was not mentioned but hopefully he can recover successfully and return to the USA.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Very well thank you. Went to Mass, and we had a small gathering with family at home. I was sad when I learned that our pastor who traveled to South America to visit family a few weeks ago is under a doctors care with Father running a fever and cold and is still there. Covid was not mentioned but hopefully he can recover successfully and return to the USA.

Glad to hear your day was pleasant with family at home. It was concerning news, however, about your pastor who is ill. Hoping it's nothing serious.

Figgy1

Premium Member
With the recent discussion about Christmas movies, it dawned on me that I haven't seen Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol for at least a few years now. I used to like that one, too -- they also actually had some good songs in it. Did anyone else happen to notice if it was shown at all the past few weeks?
I looked high and low. ok just a talk with Mr Google but if you have a VUDU account you can buy it. I was surprised it wasn't available at all on Amazon:(

John park hopper

It is ridiculously cold here in coastal SC 24 and the heat and air guys won't be here until Monday to put in the new unit. I have 2 small electric heaters going, fire in the fire places and have the oven on with the door open got the temp down stairs up to 67.
My daughter in laws parents have covid been about a week (got it from a sister who visited from NY) so far nothing more than flu symptoms, the grand mother (85) got it also and it looks more serious as she has other health issues.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Am I seeing things.. or..Do you have two trees in the same room?
If I’m seeing correctly., this is so beautiful and such a wonderful idea!!!

Yep two threes next to each other, we are thinking of adding another one to the other side next year. We are Christmas junkies and have a lot of ornaments and collect more each year. We just have to figure out another place for the nativity that is next to the main tree. I like having the nativity in a central spot so I have to do some brainstorming on that. Oh and there is another tree in the room too, in the "dining room" part of the living room (all connected in our house), that one has a beach theme, there are ornaments I put sand in from different beaches we've gone to.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I got up and started to make dinner rolls and my mixer died on me....had to do it all by hand. But they were really good, and I ordered another mixer that will hopefully be here in a few days. All the stores are closed until January 19th at LEAST, and our cases are still rising, so I'm thinking the lockdown will probably be extended. People are still not following regulations...the police have had to break up several parties, and there have been a lot of illegal fireworks and people getting together to set them off illegally. They banned them this year to keep the fireworks injuries to a minimum because they need the beds for covid patients, but people are being stupid and selfish. Anyway, there's no way to get a new mixer unless it's online....thank goodness for online stores!! I know the web store I work for has had majorly increased sales this year due to covid, and I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Here are the presents E made for us:

View attachment 520740View attachment 520741

Perry is for my husband, Mareep is for A, both made with modeling clay and then painted. And the treble clef bracelet is for me, of course.

And here's the diamond painting thing I got for her. She finished it last night.
View attachment 520742

Very nice presents, E did a nice job!

Goofyernmost

Merry Christmas everyone! Husband fell asleep so now I'm pricing out a quick weekend getaway at Fort Wilderness in March.

Everyone overeat like I did?! :)
Overeat? No! Eat enough to fuel the military? Yup! The way it works in my family. First off, let me say how thankful I am that I only had two children. Thanksgiving, we all get together. Only nine of us total and well within the North Carolina's Covid guidelines of 10. Besides we see each other fairly regularly Everyone works at home anyway.

Moving on... They all like to stay home on Christmas, something I'm sure my girls learned from me because we always stayed home, however, we traditionally have a Christmas Eve get together that was started by my parents years before. So one food fest on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day I go to one about mid-morning for an intimate independent family gathering of present opening and noon dinner. (Turkey this year) and then about 4ish I go to the others for the same. (Prime Rib every time) In between there are chips, Shrimp, veggie platters, cookies, pies, deviled eggs and the list goes on. So in answer to your question, I basically had one huge variety packed meal starting at about 7pm Christmas Eve through 7pm Christmas Day. I probably would have had a snack after all that, but I'm trying to get my girlish figure back.

1608991773788.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom