The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl . I have gone over to the dark side on my latest computer purchase 🍏
i cant stand him big brother 17 GIF

Figgy1

Premium Member
O.k. So adding to 2020 suckdom at banks--

Went to my bank this morning to make a cash deposit inside. Doors were locked. A bunch of people were standing around outside the doors, and no one knew why the doors were locked (we could see the tellers inside as usual).

I decided to call the bank (yup, 5 feet outside their doors . . . :rolleyes: ) and ask them if they were going to open. The woman tells me, "We've been open for 45 minutes." I explained no one could get in with their doors locked, and THEN she says, "You'll need to go around to the other side of the bank, and use the drive-through. We put up a sign that the lobby was closed." I said, "WHAT sign? No one has seen any sign!!" So--

We all get in our cars (except for the one couple who were car-less, and had to stand waiting, in the drive- through queue). Line took forever. So, once I reached the outside teller window, I asked again, where was the sign? She says, "Oh, it's right here on the window." I explained that it would have been HELPFUL if they put ANOTHER sign on the OTHER SIDE OF THE BUILDING AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE, where most customers go! :banghead:
We've been drive up only since..................................... Big sign on front door

donaldtoo

There’s a Chick-fil-A about halfway between the office and home just off the main freeway. Prime location, and always very busy. Back in 2015, the owner needed to shut the place down for 5 months for remodeling and expansion. He paid all 50 of his employees their full wages for the entire shutdown. Just AWESOME...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
DWifey asked me to stop there on the way home from the office to pick up some din-din for tonight. I thought “Oh great, that place is gonna’ be packed!!!”...and, it was...!!!!! :eek:
The line for the drive-thru was almost out to the access road, and I just knew I was gonna’ be there for quite a while.
Nope, I was in and out in about 10 mins....!!! :)
The line splits into 3 ordering areas under cover. Each order taker has an iPad/tablet and a laminated menu (although, I’m sure most already know what they want), and the one that took my order was very pleasant.
Tonight was the first time I’d been through that locations drive-thru, but, boy howdy, what a slick operation...!!! :)
From any CfA location, we’ve always had consistently delicious food, and they’ve never gotten an order wrong.

A pic of the drive-thru, and my din-din...!!!!! :hungry:

BDFF93A2-07DC-446F-9B6D-31C081FCFBE7.jpegB7A11767-3CE8-40E8-A722-C9AFB5D1CA56.jpeg

Article about this CfA location below...

Cesar R M

O.k. So adding to 2020 suckdom at banks--

Went to my bank this morning to make a cash deposit inside. Doors were locked. A bunch of people were standing around outside the doors, and no one knew why the doors were locked (we could see the tellers inside as usual).

I decided to call the bank (yup, 5 feet outside their doors . . . :rolleyes: ) and ask them if they were going to open. The woman tells me, "We've been open for 45 minutes." I explained no one could get in with their doors locked, and THEN she says, "You'll need to go around to the other side of the bank, and use the drive-through. We put up a sign that the lobby was closed." I said, "WHAT sign? No one has seen any sign!!" So--

We all get in our cars (except for the one couple who were car-less, and had to stand waiting, in the drive- through queue). Line took forever. So, once I reached the outside teller window, I asked again, where was the sign? She says, "Oh, it's right here on the window." I explained that it would have been HELPFUL if they put ANOTHER sign on the OTHER SIDE OF THE BUILDING AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE, where most customers go! :banghead:
Either they have a VERY STUPID manager.. or an actual smart one that wanted to minimize the number of people using the bank to only "only those who are stubborn as hell"

donaldtoo

Fall has arrived in South Florida!

View attachment 516635
Going down to 55 degrees tonight! Got my long sleep pants and slippers on.

View attachment 516636
Got the tree decorated - still searching for the skirt!

And Rudolph is recording right now. 😊 🎅🏻

That same mornin’ we had a low of 28*...right at my TSSFFBR threshold...!!!!! :hilarious:
Beautiful tree, and LUVS me some Rudolph...!!! :)

donaldtoo

Can't say the state in the US, but in Mex they are becoming a problem.
They are calling me EVERY DAY at least 3 times a day, from 3 different companies like clockwork. Always trying to hide what company they are (when they are ALWAYS the competitors of the current companies I am in) while trying to BS themselves with "amazing offers to your service".(they are not)

I get many calls a day on my iPhone that alert me to “spam risk” or “telemarketer” and I just don’t answer them, so no problem...?! 🤔🤷‍♂️

Tony the Tigger

Trying to type fast before laptop battery dies...

Re: movie theater b-day:

First, Gary canceled, said he didn't feel well.

Then, Tiffany canceled, said she had a migraine.

:jawdrop:

OK, this could just be the two of us. Or...

Texted cousin Sharon. Sharon is a sweetheart, she looks like a Precious Moments doll, and she usually throws a big Christmas Eve thingy (but isn't going to this year.)

Went to Publix to get a sugar free cheesecake, a card, other stuff. Sharon texts back while I'm about to check out. It's about 4:15. The movie starts at 6PM.

I called her from the car. She is totally on board with husband Mike. She was supposed to decorate the tree with her (adult) kids tonight, but completely changed her plans at the last minute for Brian, and was already at another Publix parking lot asking me what kind of cake to get because we had to go over their house after the movie. (I told her I already got the cheesecake, and she told me where she parked her car at the other Publix, left the doors unlocked, and I drove over there while she shopped, left the cheesecake on the floor of her car, and locked the doors and went home LOL!)

Laptop battery died. Back up - continuing:

The movie experience was great. Just the four of us, no worries, no disturbances, no potential COVID carrying strangers. Some burgers, brussels sprouts, popcorn, cocktails. You could talk, you could use your phone (though we really didn't except at the very beginning for the novelty of it.) Everyone liked this idea.

Afterwards, we did go back to their house, the kids were there. She had a birthday balloon, a "Happy birthday" sign, and Brian's card - all on her not-yet-decorated Christmas tree LOL. Some more drinks, sang happy birthday, talked about Dad and family stuff, and went home. I think the family component was really good for him. I asked how he was doing on the way to the theater, and he said he was fine but also very emotional and could cry at the drop of a hat. So, while going ourselves would have been fine, he got more love this way.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The problem has become some of them are now showing as local numbers:mad::mad::mad::mad:

And not only that, they're getting slicker with the display sometimes -- they've shown 2 towns in my vicinity this past week, and that could throw off someone who might think it was from a local business, colleague, friend, etc.

As others, I just do not answer ANY call that I cannot immediately identify. I let the machine record any stupid message. Usually, most don't even leave a message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom