The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Thanks for the feedback. Since you are a future CEO😀....do you ...or does anyone have a suggestion for me that would be a good retirement job for me? Really I am stumped. I don't want to a car salesman or sell furniture...basically I don't want to try and convince anyone to buy something😏

So here is what my dad did... he found a job driving auto parts around town after he retired from GM... dunno how you feel about driving in the winter... but if you don't mind driving, this might be a good part time gig.

SteveBrickNJ

So here is what my dad did... he found a job driving auto parts around town after he retired from GM... dunno how you feel about driving in the winter... but if you don't mind driving, this might be a good part time gig.
I love this idea! 💡 I like to drive. It doesn't have to be auto parts. There are numerous school districts who have a driver going from school to school ....handling inter school mail. Also the medical profession needs someone to grab the lab samples and bring them to their rightful destination😉

Songbird76

O.k. Thanks for that. They've always had a converyor belt thing for returning books only. Everything else (taking out books) took place at the front desk with the librarian. I don't have any favorite genres of books and just about never read any fiction. The only books that interest me at all are non-fiction, and I don't take out many books.

My main reason for joining the library was for the (expensive) business newspapers and periodicals they buy for the library, that you can only read inside the library (can't take those out). But now with Covid concerns, they've eliminated ALL newspapers.. So that was a major disappointment. Also, all of the educational seminars, etc., have been cancelled. The community meeting rooms are all locked up now. Depressing scene (for me).
I'm sorry! Well, if you don't read much fiction, did you check to see if they have any non-fiction books about Walt Disney, or the parks? Or maybe about a hobby...I always like reading travel guides to places I want to visit. I am very eclectic in my reading, so I read quite a bit of non-fiction, too. But I can understand if you mostly go for that atmosphere, and it's not the same right now, that puts a damper on visiting.

Songbird76

No, she is interested in environmental science. The US has also ordered from oxford.. I am totally on board with the vaccine. I asked the kids and DH about if over dinner, and we are all ready to line up. I was surprised, because we don't often all agree on something.
Yeah, I'm ready, too. I'm in a high risk group with my diabetes, so I should be able to get it when it comes out. I don't know how many the Netherlands have ordered specifically, but there are only 17 million people in the whole country. If a few European countries ordered 300 million, I'm hoping that means they ordered enough for everyone. I'm not really scared of getting it or anything....for all I know, I've already had it and was asymptomatic. But if they have a vaccine, I'd rather be safe than sorry. And the faster we get herd immunity, the faster things can open back up safely.

Songbird76

Thanks for the feedback. Since you are a future CEO😀....do you ...or does anyone have a suggestion for me that would be a good retirement job for me? Really I am stumped. I don't want to be a car salesman or sell furniture...basically I don't want to try and convince anyone to buy something😏
Could you give private lessons? Then you could choose your hours, choose how much you want to charge, still be doing something you love, but on a smaller scale. Or, do you ever make your own arrangements for your band kids? You could probably freelance as someone who does arrangements...there are always people who can't or don't want to take the time to do that, so there would definitely be demand if it's something you can do. Do you know if you need certification to be a travel agent? That would be a good way to earn travel bonuses.

FutureCEO

@ajrwdwgirl , just wanted to say good morning to you and hubbie. Have fun today at WDW. Wondering what park you're visiting today. :) (If it's MK, I hope you get a sundae at the Main Street ice cream shop, near the castle. I love their ice cream, even though it's not considered a "premium" brand.)

Get some Citrus Swirl (which went up in price by 20 cents from the last time I got one)

Goofyernmost

Nope no background music
I'm looking for support or correction on this. I don't honestly ever remember hearing background music while waiting for a Monorail or even a bus for that matter. Why should there be any for the Gondola's. As a preventive statement. I am not one that notes background stuff. If anything is there it is part of the atmosphere to me and not something that I take note of. I know there are some of you that know what songs are in any areas loop, I only remember one and that is "Now is the Best Time" from WDW's first CoP. That one had a very strong sentimental memory for me and I notice it consciously when it comes on other then that it is white noise atmosphere background. I suppose I might notice it if it wasn't where my brain thought it should be.

SteveBrickNJ

Could you give private lessons? Then you could choose your hours, choose how much you want to charge, still be doing something you love, but on a smaller scale. Or, do you ever make your own arrangements for your band kids? You could probably freelance as someone who does arrangements...there are always people who can't or don't want to take the time to do that, so there would definitely be demand if it's something you can do. Do you know if you need certification to be a travel agent? That would be a good way to earn travel bonuses.
I would like to teach private lessons now....yet even though I am well known in my community and liked...only one family has asked me to teach their child. People have so many bills to pay, it is the rare family that even thinks to hire someone to provide private lessons. I actually like the idea that was presented to me last night by @Rista1313. I could be a driver for a company...or a school district...or the medical community. I'd simply bring items from location to location. 😀

Goofyernmost

Yeah, I'm ready, too. I'm in a high risk group with my diabetes, so I should be able to get it when it comes out. I don't know how many the Netherlands have ordered specifically, but there are only 17 million people in the whole country. If a few European countries ordered 300 million, I'm hoping that means they ordered enough for everyone. I'm not really scared of getting it or anything....for all I know, I've already had it and was asymptomatic. But if they have a vaccine, I'd rather be safe than sorry. And the faster we get herd immunity, the faster things can open back up safely.
Currently we take a chance just breathing. But, I have read of many that are afraid to get the vaccine when it arrives. I don't understand that. When I was a kid if we had been more afraid of a vaccine then the disease, there would have been a whole lot more people crippled or in iron lungs today. I'm 72 and have mild COPD but I would be first in line.

John park hopper

Currently we take a chance just breathing. But, I have read of many that are afraid to get the vaccine when it arrives. I don't understand that. When I was a kid if we had been more afraid of a vaccine then the disease, there would have been a whole lot more people crippled or in iron lungs today. I'm 72 and have mild COPD but I would be first in line.
Remember all the shots we got in the service and the air needle guns they used for mass injections. They stopped using them ---CDC found they were unsafe

th.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh that makes me sad!! I thought everywhere in the bubble had some sort of music. I know the docks for the boats that go between MK and the resorts have a loop, and I'm pretty sure I remember singing along with whatever music was playing while we were waiting for a monorail. I wonder why they didn't do that for the skyliner.

We weren’t in the station yet but on on the bridge in between the pop and the art of animation. I can’t remember right now if there is music in the station I will have to pay attention today. 😀

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , just wanted to say good morning to you and hubbie. Have fun today at WDW. Wondering what park you're visiting today. :) (If it's MK, I hope you get a sundae at the Main Street ice cream shop, near the castle. I love their ice cream, even though it's not considered a "premium" brand.)

We are meeting up at Epcot today. He is golfing right now and I’m at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian for breakfast. So later we will be eating some of the food and wine offerings. I might have a Mickey bar though!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm looking for support or correction on this. I don't honestly ever remember hearing background music while waiting for a Monorail or even a bus for that matter. Why should there be any for the Gondola's. As a preventive statement. I am not one that notes background stuff. If anything is there it is part of the atmosphere to me and not something that I take note of. I know there are some of you that know what songs are in any areas loop, I only remember one and that is "Now is the Best Time" from WDW's first CoP. That one had a very strong sentimental memory for me and I notice it consciously when it comes on other then that it is white noise atmosphere background. I suppose I might notice it if it wasn't where my brain thought it should be.

There is music usually played on the buses now but I don’t think they play any on the monorail. I’ll try to pay attention and report back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom