The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

I went in the news section and apparently someone was caught with 2 guns and weed at Epcot security. Stay classy Floridians.

I can see the weed. It might help them get through the Figment ride.

Serious question - Americans are really us, Mexico and Canada hence North America. So what would people from the US be called besides Americans?
The person who got caught is a mom not from Florida, but from Georgia instead.

donaldtoo

Hope you can get away for a couple of nights. One of my friends dads rented an RV for them a few weeks back because they of course couldn't go away. They had it in their driveway and camped for a few days in their driveway. She said it was fun.

Now, that’s what I call a “staycation”...as long as it wasn’t Cousin Eddie’s RV...!!!!! :D:hilarious:

E1AB00CE-730C-416F-96A0-80A3DE28A7D1.jpeg

donaldtoo

I saw Garth Brooks in concert when I was in college. He put on a good show, that was when a lot of performers were balking at the Ticketmaster fees. So in support of his fans he had all tickets be like $20 or maybe it was $25. Would E like going with you to that?

I don't think there has every been a rodeo at the MN fair, horse shows and other animal showings. There is a city north of where I live that has rodeo days but that is really the only one I've heard of around here. Rodeos are that big around me. The first rodeo I ever went to was a few years about when we were in Cody Wy before going to Yellowstone. We had to leave early because it was super dusty and it kept getting in our eyes, we wore our sunglasses until it got to dark. Next time I go to a rodeo I'm bringing my Chem goggles!

Usually at the state fair we sample lots of super bad for us foods, walk around and look at the displays and 4-H displays. We see how many freebies we can snag from vendors watch some of the free music acts, and eat some more! We used to do some rides but now we just put our money towards the bad for us food.:joyfull:

We’ve never been to the State Fair of Texas :eek:;) up in Dallas, but, when our kiddos were younger, we used to go to the Travis County Livestock Show and Rodeo (now “Rodeo Austin”) every year...sooo much fun, with FFA youth displays, the carnival, food, rodeo, concerts, etc....!!! :)
Unfortunately, can’t attend either this year, even if we wanted to, as both have been cancelled due to the current pandemic.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

That is such a pretty dress. She is looking like such a young lady now.

Thank you so much...!!! :)
Such a young lady, indeed...and, it’s beyond frustrating for us not to be able to just hug her...and, what does she think about it all, because we used to hug her all the time, and she loved our hugs...?!?!?! 🤔
We just don’t know, because she’s not yet capable of communicating her feelings on that level yet... :cyclops:

donaldtoo

Perro is dog, isn't it? I don't remember much spanish. My friend from Mexico was teaching me how to make some traditional Mexican food, and one of the things was called Pellascadas (spelling?) and she said it was called that because the word was "to pinch" and you pinched around the edge of it to make a little wall all the way around. My husband and I didn't remember the actual name, just that it was to pinch, and "ada" so we called them pinchadas. We were telling her this and her eyes got big and she gasped and said we must never call them that to a spanish speaker because it's aparently a very bad word.
And I remember having a discussion with a Mexican exchange student in high school about the language and that you should never ask where you can "catch the bus" in Mexico, because it's an inuendo.

Yes, perro is dog. Perrito is puppy.

donaldtoo

After not having any precipitation for weeks, we have had 3 straight days of thunderstorms. The grass is starting to turn green again and our tomatoes are starting to ripen. No complaints about the heat either. I find for myself it is easier to deal with heat than the cold.

Indeed, I can drive through heat with A/C on, but, I can’t drive through piles of snow and ice...!!!!! :hilarious:
Sooooo very glad we live here, and the occasional “BLIZZARD - INSERT YEAR” is a novelty...!!!!! :p:D:hilarious:;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We will only walk Kapono in the mornings in the summer because of the pavement heat. She is lucky that she has a backyard so she can do her business in and not have to rely on walks to do that. I know there is so salve/wax that can be put on dog paws to help protect with the pavement heat, have you ever thought about that for Jack?

Good tip about the wax. I will say that luckily it's not that often that we have extremely high heat/humidity days, so he gets in his full (long) walk on majority of days during the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom