The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123

Good luck this weekend with this heat. This is by far the hottest summer ever and it's only one month in. Granted it's the Weather Channel app but it says 98 here on Monday. The local news says 95.

My AC will be on even though I turn into a zombie in the AC.

Yah, not looking forward to this. This is going to be dangerous heat/humidity. :banghead: Even the dog can only go out for a few minutes, and then back inside. The pavement gets too hot for his paws, and the heat really slows him down as well. HATE summer.

FutureCEO

I went in the news section and apparently someone was caught with 2 guns and weed at Epcot security. Stay classy Floridians.

I can see the weed. It might help them get through the Figment ride.

Serious question - Americans are really us, Mexico and Canada hence North America. So what would people from the US be called besides Americans?

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

I would not say it has been hotter here in SC just a normal 90's and high humidity July, what we haven't had is the afternoon thunder storms to cool it off a little. Glad I have a well to water the garden
After not having any precipitation for weeks, we have had 3 straight days of thunderstorms. The grass is starting to turn green again and our tomatoes are starting to ripen. No complaints about the heat either. I find for myself it is easier to deal with heat than the cold.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm not insecure about much of anything (well, maybe my bank account) but I'm still not sure I would ever publicly admit to "tweaking" my back picking lettuce. That would forever and always be my little secret. As it is I injured my back and have no idea what I did to do it. No trauma, no initial pain, nothing. I guess that means I hurt it just walking through air. Hopefully it was at least high humidity so the air was thicker.

I'm a clutz so I'm used to embarrassment. :joyfull: I've had back injuries two other time doing mundane things and things that didn't require any heavy lifting. The first time I was picking up a card table another time I was brushing my teeth and my dog at the time liked to play ball with me while I was getting ready in the morning so I gave the ball a little kick and that did it. Maybe next time I'll have a more interesting story. But I hope there won't be a next time.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I wonder what the ratings are for the NBA, MLS and apparently baseball started the other day. The only game I've watched so far has been Liverpool.

I was wondering about that too. My husband is a sports geeks but doesn't normally watch MLS or NBA but he is super excited to start watching MLB baseball again in addition to golf. He has been watching the Korean baseball games in the mornings.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yah, not looking forward to this. This is going to be dangerous heat/humidity. :banghead: Even the dog can only go out for a few minutes, and then back inside. The pavement gets too hot for his paws, and the heat really slows him down as well. HATE summer.

We will only walk Kapono in the mornings in the summer because of the pavement heat. She is lucky that she has a backyard so she can do her business in and not have to rely on walks to do that. I know there is so salve/wax that can be put on dog paws to help protect with the pavement heat, have you ever thought about that for Jack?

donaldtoo

Lovely...
Hanna is now the first Atlantic hurricane of the season at a Cat 1. Potential Cat 2 when it finally makes landfall.
It’s bearing down on North Padre Island, Corpus Christi, and our beloved Port Aransas.
Poor Port A hasn’t even come close to recovering from Harvey in 2017.
But, Harvey was a Cat 4 when it made landfall.
I certainly hope and pray this is the first and last hurricane that hits our, or any for that matter, coast this hurricane season.

867ADBC4-17B3-4072-A63C-FE6A4040477D.jpeg

Goofyernmost

I'm a clutz so I'm used to embarrassment. :joyfull: I've had back injuries two other time doing mundane things and things that didn't require any heavy lifting. The first time I was picking up a card table another time I was brushing my teeth and my dog at the time liked to play ball with me while I was getting ready in the morning so I gave the ball a little kick and that did it. Maybe next time I'll have a more interesting story. But I hope there won't be a next time.
I'm thinking you had better be careful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom