The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

In my last promotion at work, I got a new office. It was a spacious office, but had no windows as it was in the center of the building. My sister got a picture of the castle, blew it up, then made a frame that was made like a window complete with curtains. It looked like the castle was just outside my office. I wonder what happened to that picture. I don't seem to have it anymore, but I don't remember what I did with it. I'm thinking I left it there of the next person that was going to occupy the space. The running joke was that I was to keep the window closed so the paperwork didn't blow off the desk.

Way back in the day when my pop worked for IBM, many in interior offices did same. They would just go buy a cheap aluminum window and go from there.
He never mentioned a Disney castle scene, but, there were plenty of people’s favorite scenes “out the window”. :)

StarWarsGirl

Really? Can’t wear a mask during a pandemic. Thinking Amusement parks are not the safest place to bring a child with breathing issues that can’t wear a mask. Speaking for myself I see it not being worth the gamble at this time. If the child did pick up Covid can you imagine the struggle with an oxogen mask instead?
They do allow face shields as an alternative, though I have to wonder if it was more the autism than the asthma. I've sometimes used my shirt, towels, etc if I've passed a cigarette smoker or perfume. The mask is actually helpful.

I have to wonder if the autism is more the issue, which I do agree with. It's a health issue; he needs to have protection and protect others.

donaldtoo

If a northerner attempts to imitate a southern accent it will be taken as an insult. The accent comes along naturally and without conscious effort. Then it becomes just fine. The key thing is be yourself, unless your a nasty person, then don't say a word and don't even go out into the public. 🙂 Southerners are thought of as slow moving people, which many are, but they are very quick witted and can laugh at themselves as long at they are the ones joking about it. Outsiders really need to watch their manners especially around women. And don't chuckle when you hear a middle aged man refer to his father as Daddy or his mother as Momma. Somethings just weren't meant to be funny.

Although I call my folks Mom and Pop, that last part up there was very true of my folks. Momma and Daddy is what my folks and they all (aunts and uncles) always called my grandparents. :)

donaldtoo

I've noticed several distinct accents traveling through PA. Down by Gettysburg southern was the shocker as was grits served with everything, German around Lancaster even in the city which I wasn't expecting, midwesternish along the Ohio border. joisey has 2 North Joisey and South Joisey

The vast majority of my relatives (grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins) have/had what I can only describe as an “Old World Hick” accent. Although they definitely use words/phrases such “Y’all”, “Fixin’ to”, etc., their accents are decidedly not southern/Texas. Myself, my folks, and my siblings accents are pretty nondescript, which I attribute to the 8 years we lived in No Cal.
I’ve never been told I have an accent of any kind.

StarWarsGirl

@MySmallWorldof4 For whenever you go to Hershey again...

The restraints on Candymonium are wayyyy better than Skyrush. The lap bar comes across your thighs similar to Skyrush, but the design is much more comfortable. There's also a seatbelt that comes across your waist. At no point did I feel like I was coming out of that thing, nor did my thighs receive a beating from it.

It's also more about the hangtime. You get the weightless feeling several times, but it doesn't try to flip you around without actually turning you upside down like Skyrush does. Overall, Candymonium >>> Skyrush.

Goofyernmost

Although I call my folks Mom and Pop, that last part up there was very true of my folks. Momma and Daddy is what my folks and they all (aunts and uncles) always called my grandparents. :)
I would have put my kids up for adoption if they had called me "Pop". Sounds to much like a carbonated drink. They call me and refer to me as Dad (when they aren't mad at me). That works well for me. I have to admit that I do miss when they were in the Daddy stage.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom