The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

So is it for sure not going through, even for the few families who wanted to stay to the end of the season? I don't understand how those parents could do that...I mean, it's bad enough that they did what they did in the first place, but to ruin it for everyone else's kids...why, just out of spite?
Yes out of spite. This goes back to last season. Some teams were competing to get bids to go to the big competition at the end of the year at Disney, called The Summit. You need to get invited to it by Varsity by having the highest scores at certain competitions. It is an expensive one to attend as well so each family was to out up $500 by a certain date. That date came and went. They were then given an extension by a month. Came and went. At this point they were given a final week. Nope people still owed. Well then the gym sent out a letter stating that because families still owed that the gym would not be pursuing Summit bids any more that season. Some if those people got angry, even the ones who hadn’t paid. This was all done by them in the end for spite. They saw an opportunity when the one coach said she wanted her own gym and pounced. Nope, they didn’t care at all about the kids. It was about their egos and what they wanted. I hope they face repercussions.

Tony the Tigger

Keeping my fingers crosses and sending pixie dust for both of you

Thanks. The UK order is delayed. Something about a ferret... ;)

Actually, apparently the only difference between the last order that sailed through and this order that got held up was the dollar amount on this one was higher. That triggered the need for ID.

The email I sent at 11PM did nothing. The woman I just spoke with on the phone took my info, released the package from customs, and says there's a chance it may arrive Saturday rather than Monday. #AllTheFacepalmEmojis

So now we know: #1 Don't order on a Thursday for Friday delivery #2 Answer strange phone calls when a shipment is en route #3 save contact info for woman who helped this morning.

If the shipment we just released from customs at 9:30AM in Louisville, KY, makes the 11AM sort out of KY, it would theoretically get to FL overnight, and preferably delivered on Saturday, or I may be able to go pick it up Saturday at the hub if they were going to wait to deliver on Monday.

You have one job! Ship stuff! #onemorefacepalm

21stamps

Today was the due date for T’s Black History Month project. I hope his grade reflects how hard he worked..and I really hope he didn’t rush through his presentation.

He chose Frederic Douglass.
Read a book, Found info online, had to type a biography. Then also give a presentation to the class in an abbreviated form. He’s been working on it since the first week of the month.

T really enjoyed the subject matter. He has repeatedly said that he is amazed by Frederick Douglass. The research and discussions were fun, typing an entire report was the toughest part.lol
He worked really hard and was proud of this.

This week and next are IOWA & CogAT testing. 😬.... plus they’re working on other reports. I’m hoping the testing went well too, they’re supposed to go to bed early, but T has been up til 9-9:30 still working on homework every night. Maybe next week they’ll have less of a work load and can be more relaxed during the testing.

Last edited:

21stamps

He also had a report- self made instructional booklet, due on weathering and erosion. That was due yesterday. He got two points deducted for an illustration being in the wrong spot. 🤦‍♀️ So, 98%. He’s mad, but I’ll accept that. The positioning of one illustration doesn’t mean that much to me, he knows the subject and wrote about it well.

End of semester is upon us. Report cards soon. He’s worried that he won’t make 1st honors, we’ll see. All I know is this second semester has been A LOT harder than the first.

21stamps

Oh one more thing about the Frederick Douglass project. My favorite part about the presentation is that after giving info about his life, the kids had to say what life lessons they learned from their subject. In the written Biography they had to do a last page that include 5 questions they would like to ask their subject, if they could interview them.

I liked that it really makes them think, not just memorize facts.

Anyway, I’m glad that those 2 projects are over. Whew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom