The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

KBLovedDisney

I need a vacation...like bad.

Wanna know how bad?

tenor.gif

Tony the Tigger

I don't know what kind of fuel I'm running on, but I'm still running. Slept almost 4 hours, placed my local orders, picked those up on my way to open one of the stores...oh, the rest is just as boring. I'm still pricing stuff at home. Refreshing the UPS page to see if today's UK package will clear customs and get here by tomorrow. (The last one cleared customs sooner. I just noticed 2 items out of 191 originated in China - probably not recently - but I hope that doesn't cause any issue.)

B should be home shortly, I'm guessing I don't make it through the first TV show after we eat. (That would be a good thing.) Tomorrow we do it all again. One employee who was off today said he wanted to talk with me off the clock tomorrow. God only knows...

It's time to get on ZipRecruiter or Indeed or something. Wanted: smart people who like music and are basically underachievers (like me) LOL.

donaldtoo

Btw, since when do manuals cost more than automatic transmissions? I've always found it was the other way around. Bonus: much less expensive to replace a clutch vs. a transmission! Disclosure: I haven't driven a manual since the early 90's. Lived up a big hill in Budd Lake, NJ. Burnt out that clutch twice in as many years LOL.

^^^ Less expensive sticker price on vehicle, less expensive to replace or repair. There’s definitely a lot more goin’ on inside an automatic tranny.
Myself and my roommate at the time replaced a clutch in his ‘75 Datsun (now Nissan) B210 back in ‘83. Can’t remember how much the clutch plate/disk cost at the time, but, I know we saved a ton on labor...!!!!! :greedy::hilarious:
plus, other than havin’ to drop the tranny to perform the procedure, it actually wasn’t all that difficult...!!! ;):)

His B210 looked pretty much like this one...

A710810D-7E9A-417B-9AEC-2ACA217E4F39.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

Looks like luck may have run out on the second UK order. Tracking shows it's held up, needing some kind of identification for clearance. (Of course, the other package sailed right through with no such issue.) Assuming I can get in touch with them first thing in the morning, I don't see how the package still arrives Friday, which would put it in limbo for the weekend (busiest shopping time.)

I've notified the shipper, maybe they can help resolve it. I remember my rep saying he wakes up around 4AM every day, and it's about that time there now.

I should know by now to listen to my gut, never take chances with a Friday delivery, just go get the stuff from my local distributor (as much as they have on hand, at least.)

Fingers crossed, but...meh.

Hmm...had a missed call from Philly around 9PM, google search suggests it may be UPS. Going to try calling it back now.

Tony the Tigger

Looks like luck may have run out on the second UK order. Tracking shows it's held up, needing some kind of identification for clearance. (Of course, the other package sailed right through with no such issue.) Assuming I can get in touch with them first thing in the morning, I don't see how the package still arrives Friday, which would put it in limbo for the weekend (busiest shopping time.)

I've notified the shipper, maybe they can help resolve it. I remember my rep saying he wakes up around 4AM every day, and it's about that time there now.

I should know by now to listen to my gut, never take chances with a Friday delivery, just go get the stuff from my local distributor (as much as they have on hand, at least.)

Fingers crossed, but...meh.

Hmm...had a missed call from Philly around 9PM, google search suggests it may be UPS. Going to try calling it back now.

Ack! The call was UPS asking for my biz tax ID to clear the package. I didn't answer because I get so many calls every day from nonsense numbers trying to sell me new merchant services, offer loans, car warranties, blah blah blah. Darn, I wish I had answered this time.

As I was on hold with UPS, I refreshed my email and saw a request from UPS about two hours ago for that info. Apparently it's already in Kentucky. The guy on the phone said there is still a chance we can receive it on Friday if they address the issue first thing in the morning.

Stress and drama! LOL. Now, sleep. And...go!

donaldtoo

That 2 dr 57 looks awesome yes I wish I still had mine it was originally a 6 cylinder automatic pulled all that out and dropped in the 327 4 speed, painted it a metallic green. When I went over seas I left it with my brother and he sold it. To this day we don't talk about it --I could have killed him. No way I could afford to buy one now. In 57 you could get the 283 with the power pack yea both me and your dad are saying if only I still had it. I bought a 55 chevy before I got out of the service and was working on it, decided to go to college so I sold it (needed the money) yet another wish I still had it. I'll look for pictures--Tell your dad I feel his pain HaHa

Yep, a bit of pain indeed, but, when he got rid of it in ‘67 it was just another 10-year-old car...who knew...???!!!!! :cyclops::hilarious:

As far as your bro sellin’ the ‘56 goes, was his name on the title...??? How did he legally, or not, pull that off...???
I woulda’ fed either of my bro’s their jewels if they’d a’ pulled that ****... :cautious:

And yes, the 283 was first offered in the ‘57 model year, but, the 327 wasn’t available ‘til ‘62.

Damn, I wish I had enough jack to be the car guy I really am...!!!!!!! :joyfull::greedy::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom