The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Sorry, but I am not at all understanding your post, especially about the colonoscopy. I have had a number of them and I have always just returned to my regular life after the procedure. What is the big deal about the shopping or the knife? Was he acting out or just make a meal using the knife? I'm completely confused. One thing I can tell you is after a person has had that procedure, the only thought is "where the hell is the food". I could have eaten the north end out of a south bound skunk at that point.
My dad was still under the influence of the medication while my mom was driving him home. He had no memory of what he was doing. To top it off shortly after having a knife, he felt tired and wanted to sleep.

I had a couple colonoscopies done myself. I had one done last year and I have no memory of myself putting my clothes, or getting out of the hospital. The hospital injected me with something and I was knocked out cold and apparently groggy.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

[/QUOTE="wdwfan4ver, post: 8925952, member: 74396"]

You got me beat The thing is I what my mom, My younger brother and I saw what happened to my dad at the hospital

My dad was still under the influence of the medication while my mom was driving him home. He had no memory of what he was doing. To top it off shortly after having a knife, he felt tired and wanted to sleep.

I had a couple colonoscopies done myself. I had one done last year and I have no memory of myself putting my clothes, or getting out of the hospital. The hospital injected me with something and I was knocked out cold and apparently groggy.
That explains it then. I don't like them using giggle drugs to put me out if it isn't necessary. I never feel any pain, they do give me a little amount to take the edge off, but all I feel is occasional pressure and since I am watching it on the monitor I know what they are doing to create the pressure. They insist that I have a driver, but to be honest by the time I leave whatever they gave me has worn off and I remember every part of it. I like it better that way. Others mileage may vary. Thank you for explaining it for me. That is something I never knew happened after that procedure. The part I would like to forget about is the day of fasting and the drain-O that proceeds it.

Last edited:

Rista1313

This is a minor announcement for the couple of folks on this thread who previously lived in my area.....View attachment 418503

I love Trader joes... but can't get out of there for less than $50 usually.. and I'm an aldi shopper.... so it's reserved for occasions when I happen to have extra money. We need a 2nd one in town... the one we have is always packed and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay across town by my work.

SteveBrickNJ

I love Trader joes... but can't get out of there for less than $50 usually.. and I'm an aldi shopper.... so it's reserved for occasions when I happen to have extra money. We need a 2nd one in town... the one we have is always packed and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay across town by my work.
We need Trader Joes to divert the shopping population over to another supermarket. The Shop Rite I go to is just across the highway. I will stay faithful to Shop Rite and hope that Trader Joes will thin the crowd where I shop😉

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We need Trader Joes to divert the shopping population over to another supermarket. The Shop Rite I go to is just across the highway. I will stay faithful to Shop Rite and hope that Trader Joes will thin the crowd where I shop😉

It's always good to have a different grocery store join the area. Where I live, it's densely populated, and we have six food stores available (including Trader's). More stores help to keep the prices down.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ugh. Two Christmas catalogs in the mail yesterday. :banghead: (Not to mention, one Christmas commercial on TV last week.) :rolleyes: Can we at least have Halloween festivities first?! :facepalm:

Our neighbor (and friend) put up her Christmas tree a couple weeks ago so A has been BEGGING to put ours up. We normally don't do it until black Friday, but i don't think i can hold her off that long this year. I did at least tell her absolutely not before Halloween 😂😂

Goofyernmost

Trader Joe's is OK as long as you like paying the long price for everything. Personally the only thing I buy there around once or twice a year would be the chocolate/orange jell candy. No one else has it anymore. We just had an Aldi's open in town. I haven't been in there yet, so I cannot make a judgment about it at this time. Hopefully, I will have time to stop in soon.

Rista1313

Trader Joe's is OK as long as you like paying the long price for everything. Personally the only thing I buy there around once or twice a year would be the chocolate/orange jell candy. No one else has it anymore. We just had an Aldi's open in town. I haven't been in there yet, so I cannot make a judgment about it at this time. Hopefully, I will have time to stop in soon.

Since brothers own both Aldi and Trader Joes, you will find some similarities in the two stores, and items that are the same or very similar. They don't have the choc covered orange jelly's though. (just bought some last week)

John park hopper

All the stores seem to be displaying Christmas stuff and it's not even Halloween, it gets earlier and earlier every year. By the time Christmas gets here (sadly) I can't wait for it to be over. It used to be Christmas stuff wasn't put out until after Thanksgiving. I can stack the Christmas catalogs in the corner and not look at them it's hard to avoid the displays in the stores

Goofyernmost

Since brothers own both Aldi and Trader Joes, you will find some similarities in the two stores, and items that are the same or very similar. They don't have the choc covered orange jelly's though. (just bought some last week)
I have to check it out for sure, but, it seems that both Aldi's and Trader Joe's are located in the same shopping center or Trader Joe's has been replaced. Now I'm curious! It's not something that I commit to memory, so I didn't even look if TJ's was still there. In other words, not retrievable on my "Do I give a damn" App. on my phone. 📱🤔😉:D:)
Apparently it did show up on my phone because now I have to find out. Later though! I probably should take a shower and get dressed first.😳

MySmallWorldof4

Our neighbor (and friend) put up her Christmas tree a couple weeks ago so A has been BEGGING to put ours up. We normally don't do it until black Friday, but i don't think i can hold her off that long this year. I did at least tell her absolutely not before Halloween 😂😂
We put our tree up right after my youngest’s bday. Hers is Nov 14. I refuse to let dh put it up before then. He would though. :cautious:

MySmallWorldof4

All the stores seem to be displaying Christmas stuff and it's not even Halloween, it gets earlier and earlier every year. By the time Christmas gets here (sadly) I can't wait for it to be over. It used to be Christmas stuff wasn't put out until after Thanksgiving. I can stack the Christmas catalogs in the corner and not look at them it's hard to avoid the displays in the stores
I agree. Seems that more than 1/3 of the year is dedicated to Christmas in the retail industry. I hate winter, but by December I cannot wait to get to January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom