The birthday, we're posers, I wanna go home trip report: July 1-16, 2011

I'm back and ready to start another trip report if only so that I can remember it while making my scrapbooking pages. Now, just a foreword, this may get a little wordy as there are lots of things that I want to remember. This shouldn't be a problem, as you can just scroll through all the words, or block the report all together! :lookaroun:lol:

So, here goes! This is another road trip from Minnesota from July 1- July 16, 2011. We had been tentatively planning this for awhile, but I wasn't sure that it would actually happen until pretty close to the time we were leaving.

Before I go further, here's who is on the trip.

Me: turning 38 while there, certified Disney lover

Sam: DH 37, had his first trip at the age of 18 with his two sisters and mom, was the only one on the trip that had any fun, and (I believe) is now an even bigger Disney lover that me- he may debate that, but he has a friend at work who is another DVC owner, and they spend all day talking about Disney and sending texts to each other while on vacation.

Lexy: DD 16, not a certified Disney lover! She was actually really excited about this trip until three months ago when she got a boyfriend. Now she wants nothing to do with this trip at all!!! She has been whining that she DOES NOT want to go. She wants to stay home with her Nana and Papa. Not happening!

Lainey: DD 10, my teenager in training. She is getting those eyerolls and sighs down pat from her older sister.

Roddy: DS 9, our easy going one. He will do anything and have a smile on his face while doing it. He is the reason I'm not totally insane now! :ROFLOL:

Bella: DD 7, our thrill seeker. She is here for the rides and little else. She is the one known to complain when she's not feeling things are going her way.

Oh, boy, I have a feeling this is going to be a fun one! So let's get started!!

Thursday June 30th. Sam worked a full day and I was scheduled to work at the dance studio that the girls dance at. I work there a few days a month to help with my dance bill. I was working to 9 pm, which Sam was not happy about at all! He wanted everything packed and ready to go, which it was not. Now Sam is a doer, I'm the resident procrastinator. I always think that I have plenty of time to get things done. We were originally going to leave on Saturday, but then Sam said we should leave on Friday night so that we could get there earlier and go to the parks on Sunday too. We wanted to see the Fourth fireworks on Sunday at Magic Kingdom then go to Epcot on the actual Fourth. We decided to get a room at a cheap hotel we found a deal on at allears for $69 a night on Sunday night. I wasn't sure if they would let me fit all my kids in there for that price, so I said I only had two kids. Flame away! :drevil: So I was under the impression that we were leaving on Friday night. Plenty of time for me to get stuff done.

I got home from working at the studio to find Sam in a complete panic. He does not like things hanging over his head. We decided to hit Cub Foods up to get some things to bring in the car with us to eat. We were at the check out when Sam wanted me to grab something else. I knew that time was of the essence to Sam so I was really hurrying. I guess on my way back, you could hear my flip flops crazily coming. Sam said that the check out person was looking like what is that? There was a stock boy ahead of me that I was coming up behind closely. He kept looking back over his shoulder with a scared expression on his face. I think he thought I was going to run him over. Sam was laughing so hard in the car on the way home. He said that I was giving "stocking" a new meaning. He thought the guy figured I was stalking him. I think that lightened things up for Sam a little, or at least I thought so. It was now getting late so Sam went to bed to get ready for our day of leaving.

Friday July 1, 2011. Leaving day. Again, I thought I had plenty of time to get ready. So I woke up and went on the computer for a bit. I was not scrapbooking, but I was doing things related to it. Sam was furious that I was scrapbooking while he was trying to get things ready to leave. I thought that we were taking naps and such, so I figured I would just skip my nap. Nope, suddenly Sam decided that we were leaving ASAP. Why was I not giving the memo on this? He wanted to leave by like 1 pm. Yeah, that was going to happen. I still had to run to Target to pick up some things, and I really wanted Roddy to get a hair cut. The Justin Beiber look alike thing that he was trying to get started was just not working for me! So after some grumbling, we managed to get out of the house and packed up around 3 or so.
Are we one big happy family or what?
IMG_3233.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
After SSE, we knew that we'd have to start the trek into World Showcase for our dinner reservations. The kids always like to cool off here first.

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that it was really really hot out. Sam wanted to ride the friendship across. I did not want to sit down and feel cramped in the boat, but I did not win that debate.

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

When we got out, the Beast was doing greets, but we could not stop to meet him. The kids and Sam said so.

IMG_4862.jpg

We had reservations to get to.

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

Ooh, it was nice and cool inside.

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Really it should not be this difficult to get a picture of the family. It took two takes and both times Bella just couldn't smile and be normal.

IMG_4872.jpg

We had an early reservations so it wasn't busy at all, which I sort of prefer. We were called in no time. I thought we might have gotten off with a table to ourselves, but our party of two showed up pretty soon after we got there.

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

Lainey was a little bummed because she and Bella had to sit where Lexy and I sat last time. This time they told them they didn't want the kids so close to the hot cooktop, which makes sense.

IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

Last time Lainey won the award for the best use of chopsticks. Now mind you, this was just me saying that she was the best, but to my kids this means she's the winner. So this year they were all determined to be the best chopstick handler. Of course it was much easier because one of the servers rigged the chopsticks up for them. They didn't do that last time. Lainey was too much of a superstar to do that though, she said, " I can use them the real way."

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Last year we had a few young girls with us at our table, and it was slightly uncomfortable. They didn't really talk to us and acknowledge our presence. In their defense, we can get kind of loud and overwhelming. Sam likes to cheer the chef on and such. I suppose it can be a little much for outsiders. But this time we had an older couple with us, and they were much better to have with us. They talked with us and we shared some stories. So it was much more fun. I think that any time you have that kind of a situation with people, it can go either way.

We had a female chef this time. She was pretty funny, if a little quiet.

IMG_4886.jpg

Mickey Mouse.

IMG_4888.jpg

IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

MMMM, so delicious. I had the filet mignon, and Lexy did too. It is sooo good! Sam had the steak and chicken.

IMG_4904.jpg

Dessert was good too.

IMG_4908.jpg

My kids were such dorks that they wanted to take their chopsticks with them. I told them that they ate off them, so they could not bring them home. So they asked one of the servers to make them a few rigged chopsticks to take home with them. I think she thought it was a rather odd request, but she did make some for them and put them in a bag for them. They were so thrilled with that. Bella and Roddy were having a blast playing with them. Sometimes it takes so little to entertain my kids. They were unhappy to learn that Lainey once again beat them with the chopsticks since she ate with them normally.

We were so full on the way out that we could barely walk out.

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Unfortunately it started to rain as we were walking around Japan, so we popped into the stores for a minute. In the end, we did end up having to pull out the dreaded ponchos if we wanted to leave there.

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

I had them take a silly picture with the ponchose in England.

IMG_4928.jpg

We were given three fastpasses to Soarin' by some nice people, so Lexy, lainey and Roddy decided to go, while Sam, Bella and I entertained ourselves.

IMG_4930.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

Bella couldn't believe it when I made her go on Living with the Land with us while we waited. She wasn't thrilled, but didn't really have a choice in the matter.

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

Then we went to Sunshine Seasons to get a little snack or three.

IMG_4940.jpg

Our little sugar monster was now happy that she didn't go on Soarin'

IMG_4942.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
The others met back up with us after the ride, and now they needed a snack too.

IMG_4946.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

The kids wanted to make a figment to send home, but they didn't want to ride the ride, so we just snuck in the back way and played around a little.

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

There were always lots of bunnies to see. The kids were obsessed with finding them and watching them.

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
It seems that we spent a ton of time inside Club Cool this trip. Before our last trip, we had never been in there before. Now the kids completely love it! They have the best time getting their own drinks and trying all the flavors.

IMG_5010.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4989.jpg

Not her favorite.

IMG_4997.jpg

IMG_5000.jpg

Lexy is so happy to be here.

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

We had fastpasses to Test Track that we could use now.

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
We love Test Track!

IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

Here is our home alone photopass pose.

Photo0082FourBySix.jpg

This is why Lainey thought it was the best day ever. We decided to catch the monorail over to Magic Kingdom because they were open late tonight. She loved being in the parks late night.

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

When we got to MK, the Electric Light Parade was going on, so we ducked into the Theater to see Mickey and Minnie since there was absolutely no line.

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

eagles

loving this! love the pic of your dd with beverly and your home alone look. hmmm yum, creme brulee. oh i can't wait. only 2 1/2 more weeks to go.

sweetpee_1993

Caught up again! Still looooovin' all the fun with y'all. And, yes, we did chase our children away from us just like I hoped we would. WooHooo!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the best.day.ever. Late nights are very, very cool!

tiaragirl

Jenn,

I am really mad at you, because once I realized that it was your fam TR with your username I not only decided to forgo my nap (which I probably could have used), but also used up an extra 45 minutes of prep work on tomorrow's French presentation.

That being said, loving it THE MOST. Your kids are adorable and I'm a fan of Lexy's yellow/orange romper, which is really saying something because I'm still iffy on the romper trend. However, not so much a fan of Mitch - you don't get in a fight with your GF at Disney, that makes you anti-prince charming. Boys are the dumbest.

Keep it up, so maybe you can distract me from my midterm tomorrow night.
Love,
Kenzie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom