the Biggest Moments in Disney World

bellhop13

Original Poster
I'm not here to bash Disney. I'm interested in what others think about some of the decisions Disney has made in the past. I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm new to the site. Here's what I think:

25. Johnny Depp of the Caribbean
24. Closing Pleasure Island
23. Testing new queue system at Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
22. No Beastly Kingdom for Animal Kingdom
21. Placing Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster on Sunset Blvd instead of Streets of America
20. New 2009 narration for the TTA
19. Underestimating the ride capacity on Soarin’
18. Nemo and friends move into the Living Seas
17. American Idol
16. Giving us Dinosaur instead of Indiana Jones Adventure
15. The Sorcerer Hat in front of Great Movie Ride
14. Removal of Jim Henson’s name from Muppet Vision
13. Wonders of Life pavilion rotting away
12. Bringing Stitch into Tomorrowland, so long Alien Encounter
11. The giant wand over Spaceship Earth
10. Removing Jeremy Irons from Spaceship Earth
9. Current state of Tomorrowland
8. Giving Figment and Dreamfinder the boot for Eric Idle
7. Cinderella’s Castle turning into a giant birthday cake
6. Turning 20,000 Leagues into a parking lot
5. Changing the name of EPCOT Center to Epcot
4. FastPass… it’s only nice when you have one
3. Destruction of Horizons for a spinning Porta-Jon
2. Monorail collision in July
1. Raising the price of a One Day ticket to $80

WDITrent

-Building a stage for Stitch's SuperStupid Celebration, only to have it fail and close after a month of booing crowds (if they were lucky enough to have any)

-Reutilizing the stage for an even worse show. The most entertaining part was Mike's arm flying off (Remember: You can't spell Christmas without an EYE! *flop*)

But the biggest one:
Reducing SSE's finale to a bundle of chicken wire and the occasional triangle!

bellhop13

Original Poster
But the biggest one:
Reducing SSE's finale to a bundle of chicken wire and the occasional triangle!
I was really disapointed in the refurb. They had a great opportunity to do something for the ride down and all we get to do is stare at a screen. What if I don't want to look at the screen?

Krack2

I can think of several others (in no particular order):

* Defacing the World of Motion's exterior with the Test Track scaffolding.
* Closing of Imageworks.
* Reservation system basically ruining dining for anyone who doesn't plan their day at WDW months in advance.
* Letting the characters encroach into EPCOT Center, particularly World Showcase.
* Using hard ticket events to basically charge people twice for the same day spent at a park.
* Early closings and delayed openings, particularly at EPCOT Center.
* Incredible under appreciation by WDW execs of the omni-movers' ability to people eat on crowded days, particularly in EPCOT Center.
* WDW management's refusal to put Fantasyland-style dark rides in other parks (they are inexpensive to build and attract young kids like flies - it would lessen the crowd burden on other areas of the parks).

bellhop13

Original Poster
* Letting the characters encroach into EPCOT Center, particularly World Showcase.
This was spotted outside of EPCOT. I love this photo because nobody is by him!

3968967503_11e04426f8_b.jpg

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
This was spotted outside of EPCOT. I love this photo because nobody is by him!

3968967503_11e04426f8_b.jpg
Sorry, I see a happy family leaving a character and the character gesturing to the next family/group to join him... "Nobody is by him" is a misrepresentation.

I'm no Stitch fan, but come on! :rolleyes:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think it would be rather comical if Disney posted something on its webiste saying, "We are not hear to bash _______________(enter know it all Disney fan wanna be name here), but we are just curious about what everyone thinks about all the questionable decisions _______________ (enter same know it all Disney fan wanna be name here)has made in their life."

Now that would be funny.

Philo

My answers in a nice(ish), colour coded format.

I'm not here to bash Disney. I'm interested in what others think about some of the decisions Disney has made in the past. I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm new to the site. Here's what I think:

25. Johnny Depp of the Caribbean - I quite like this, didn't think it harmed the ride at all and I liked some of the additions
24. Closing Pleasure Island - Agree
23. Testing new queue system at Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster - Maybe I misunderstand this but surely a new queue system needs to be tested on a popular ride
22. No Beastly Kingdom for Animal Kingdom - Agree. I'd love to see it but I wouldn't really describe not having it as a bad decision
21. Placing Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster on Sunset Blvd instead of Streets of America - I kind of see the logic in having it on Sunset Blvd
20. New 2009 narration for the TTA - Neutral, I haven't heard it yet but I loved the old one so might be bias!
19. Underestimating the ride capacity on Soarin’ - Agree (although I can't see why it's so popular still!)
18. Nemo and friends move into the Living Seas - Neutral, I like it but never experienced the original first hand
17. American Idol - Agree, terrible idea
16. Giving us Dinosaur instead of Indiana Jones Adventure - I like both but I like the fact that the rides are different more.
15. The Sorcerer Hat in front of Great Movie Ride - I like it (shhhhh, don't tell anyone :lookaroun)
14. Removal of Jim Henson’s name from Muppet Vision - I didn't even know they did this and I can't see why
13. Wonders of Life pavilion rotting away - Agree. DO SOMETHING WITH IT!
12. Bringing Stitch into Tomorrowland, so long Alien Encounter - Neutral - I think an update was needed and stitch isn't terrible but they could have done better
11. The giant wand over Spaceship Earth - Again, I kind of liked it but I can see why so many people took issue with it.
10. Removing Jeremy Irons from Spaceship Earth - I like the new narration
9. Current state of Tomorrowland - An update is in order but I still like the area
8. Giving Figment and Dreamfinder the boot for Eric Idle - Agree
7. Cinderella’s Castle turning into a giant birthday cake - Agree, that was terrible!
6. Turning 20,000 Leagues into a parking lot - Agree. I never got to see the original attraction (I did see it at DL though) and it angers me to see what it has beccome
5. Changing the name of EPCOT Center to Epcot - These things don't bother me a whole lot although I can see why some are upset
4. FastPass… it’s only nice when you have one - I love the Fastpass system. Use it well and it really pays off, choose not to use it and it's your own fault. I do wish they would tighten up on return times though.
3. Destruction of Horizons for a spinning Porta-Jon - Agree. It's a real shame!
2. Monorail collision in July - Not really a moment and not a bad disney decision, just a very unhappy occurance
1. Raising the price of a One Day ticket to $80 - Agree, I think Disney can afford to lower the cost of tickets (although coming from the UK, our 14 day tickets are very good value!)

DizneyPryncess

Raising the ticket price doesn't bother me as much as making people pay to have tickets never expire. The other thing that confuses me is that Disney put so much money into the Cinderella Castle Suite, only to let it now usually sit there. Rarely do I read anything about anyone staying in it. Seems odd that they only used it daily for 2 years.

And lastly, I have heard that "Paging Mr. Tom Morrow" was removed from TTA. :confused:

EPCOTPluto

~ The removal of some of my favorite classics.

~ American Idol in MGM Studios. Never saw that coming.

~ Stitch overtaking WDW.

bellhop13

Original Poster
@Philo

There really is no logic for placing RNR on sunset blvd. A well designed park would evenly distribute their E-Ticket attractions throughout the park, not lump them on one side.

The ride doesn't fit in with the themeing at all. Hollywood 1933 and Aerosmith, hmmmm. The story is that it cost Disney $5million less to place it on Sunset, the original spot was Streets of America. Anything to save a buck I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom