The big ? Everest v's The Mummy which one wins?

OmegaKnight

I have been on both Everest and Mummy and Everest is leaps and bounds better than ROTM. Now, that isn't coming from someone who works at Everest (because I do,) it is coming from the aspect of a normal park guest. As a annual pass holder to Universal, I did feel a bit let down with ROTM. If the queue line for Mummy is short, then you miss the whole backstory behind the ride and the ride doesn't make as much sense than if you had stayed and watched all the queue videos. While Everest may also tell a lot of its story in its queue as well, the story is also presented very thoroughly in the ride as well and is pretty easy to figure out.

A lot of discussion has been made also on the bird at the broken track section of Everest and the truth is that while the bird may be pretty cheap looking, it definitely looks more real than the cardboard blacklight characters that are used on ROTM. The coaster sections of both rides may not be the most thrilling on any ride but Everest's coaster sections are definitely "more thrilling."

Again, take this as you will but from what I have seen from the guests exiting Everest, this is going to be a very popular ride for years to come. They are generally more excited and more happy when they exit from this ride than what I have seen from guests who exit off of ROTM.

TimeTrip

OmegaKnight said:
A lot of discussion has been made also on the bird at the broken track section of Everest and the truth is that while the bird may be pretty cheap looking, it definitely looks more real than the cardboard blacklight characters that are used on ROTM. The coaster sections of both rides may not be the most thrilling on any ride but Everest's coaster sections are definitely "more thrilling."

There is something more thrilling than the shot up the hill therough the mouth and over the top in ROTM? Thats the best part of the ride to me right there. Does everest have something comparable?

Merlin

Account Suspended
OmegaKnight said:
I have been on both Everest and Mummy and Everest is leaps and bounds better than ROTM. Now, that isn't coming from someone who works at Everest (because I do,) it is coming from the aspect of a normal park guest.

How can you say it's "coming from the aspect of a normal park guest" if you are NOT a normal park guest? Also, in the "Another review of Everest" thread, you said that CMs are the "harshest critics". Here's your quote:

OmegaKnight said:
CM's are always the harshest critics of new Disney rides and they ran to stand in line for an hour again, that bodes well for normal park guests.

I would not consider CMs to generally be "HARSH critics" of Disney rides. I think, if anything, they would tend to be more biased. That's why so many CMs are defending Everest based on it's "great storytelling". As a CM, you've probably been hearing all about the "storyline" for some time now. As opposed to your average guest who just knows that it's a roller coaster where you're going to see the Yeti "up close" (yeah, only once and for about half a millisecond....Oh but you do get to see that "sophisticated" effect known as a projection on a wall! :lol: :lol: )

OmegaKnight said:
Again, take this as you will but from what I have seen from the guests exiting Everest, this is going to be a very popular ride for years to come. They are generally more excited and more happy when they exit from this ride than what I have seen from guests who exit off of ROTM.

So you've stood outside the exit of both attractions for hours at a time in order to get a truly accurate guage of which one gets a better response from guests? :rolleyes:

JROK

I was at the previews for both attractions and they both had great comments from guests and press... so to the normal guest, they're great rides... but then again so is Stich :dazzle: ...

peter11435

Merlin said:
Goofy's Barnstormer

Rock N Rollercoaster

Primevil Whirl

FYI Primevil Whirl is where this started in the first place. Corrus said it was the only WDW attraction that came pre-fab. I asked JT3000 to name another since he claimed there were so many. As for the other two I'll let Corrus deal with the specifics.

SirGoofy

Merlin said:
Goofy's Barnstormer

Rock N Rollercoaster

Primevil Whirl

I'm not sure about Barnstormer, but I think RnR was made by Disney and Vekohma and then Vekohma used it for a different park. I could be wrong.

Merlin

Account Suspended
SirGoofy said:
I'm not sure about Barnstormer, but I think RnR was made by Disney and Vekohma and then Vekohma used it for a different park. I could be wrong.

Barnstormer is definitely off the shelf. RnR exists as a coaster at at least one other park, although it may have gone into MGM first. Either way, the track wasn't designed by Imagineering and I don't believe Vekoma designed it exclusively for RnR.

Tim G

Merlin said:
Barnstormer is definitely off the shelf. RnR exists as a coaster at at least one other park, although it may have gone into MGM first. Either way, the track wasn't designed by Imagineering and I don't believe Vekoma designed it exclusively for RnR.
RNR wasn't defenitily not off the shelf...

And I guess you're talking about "Superman The Ride" in (then) 6flags Holland...

WDI DID design RNR and Vekoma was contracted for building it by their specifications...

And the reason why Vekoma build another one was...
After the ride was build, WDI needed another one with the Paris future in mind in a couple of years, Vekoma refused unless they let them build Superman the ride, WDI agreed but Vekoma had to wait until AFTER RNR was opened in florida

BTW further more it all depends what you mean with off the shelf...

BarnStormer ride??? I still have the drawings... NOT off the shelf..

But Primevil... came almost assembled in DAK... even most of the "theming" was done by another company...

SirGoofy

Corrus said:

And I guess you're talking about "Superman The Ride" in (then) 6flags Holland...

WDI DID design RNR and Vekoma was contracted for building it by their specifications...

After the ride was build, WDI needed another one with the Paris future in mind in a couple of years, Vekoma refused unless they let them build Superman the ride, WDI agreed but Vekoma had to wait until AFTER RNR was opened in florida

But Primevil... came almost assembled in DAK... even most of the "theming" was done by another company...

Thanks for the clarification Corrus!

peter11435

Corrus said:

Thanks for the great information.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Corrus said:

WDI DID design RNR and Vekoma was contracted for building it by their specifications....

You're right. I typed "designed" when I meant to type "built".

Corrus said:

BarnStormer ride??? I still have the drawings... NOT off the shelf.....

I'm referring to the track, not the themeing. Disney may have assembled the track for Barnstormer, but they didn't design or create it. When you say you've seen drawings, I'm assuming you're referring to the finished package, with the themeing, etc. It's the same ride as Gadget's Go Coaster at Disneyland, and it was an off the shelf ride when it was installed there too.

Tim G

Merlin said:
You're right. I typed "designed" when I meant to type "built".

I'm referring to the track, not the themeing. Disney may have assembled the track for Barnstormer, but they didn't design or create it. When you say you've seen drawings, I'm assuming you're referring to the finished package, with the themeing, etc. It's the same ride as Gadget's Go Coaster at Disneyland, and it was an off the shelf ride when it was installed there too.

My dear Merlin, you seem to like having issues with people...
You know it all... WDC, WDI and WDW, while living in Ca.
Don't even go there, If you want to be right, I'll let you... so... You're right...

Regards... :wave:

BTW you're referring to "Direct lifts" in that case NOTHING for WDW was new designed... every park has things from Disneyland Ca.
So as I said before... You are right!

Merlin

Account Suspended
Corrus said:
My dear Merlin, you seem to like having issues with people...
You know it all... WDC, WDI and WDW, while living in Ca.
Don't even go there, If you want to be right, I'll let you... so... You're right...

Regards... :wave:

BTW you're referring to "Direct lifts" in that case NOTHING for WDW was new designed... every park has things from Disneyland Ca.
So as I said before... You are right!

I have no issues with you. I don't even know you. And it's not about being "right". You threw out a request (or perhaps it was a challenge...I don't know, I came into this thread late in the game and didn't read the whole thing). Regardless, your request/challenge was "name one". I named three (one of which I admitted I'd made a mistake about).

As far as the term, "direct lifts", I've never even heard that term. But I assume it means the same as a cloned attraction? If so, then no that's not what I was referring to at all. I referred to Gadget's Go Coaster because although the themeing is different, it's the same track as Barnstormer, and I knew Gadget's Go Coaster was an off the shelf.

Tim G

Merlin said:
As far as the term, "direct lifts", I've never even heard that term.
Thanks! That's all I needed to know...
I'm gonna stop my conversation on this topic with you... :lookaroun

No hard feelings... :D

Have A Magical Day! :wave:

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
I'm not going to go into details but I'll just give you one hint. Corrus didn't just see the drawings (hint hint).

I just re-read his post and he said he HAD the drawings, not just that he'd SEEN them. My mistake for not reading it more carefully the first time. Okay so this proves what? He's an Imagineer who was somehow involved with the themeing of the area surrounding the coaster? He bought the drawings off of eBay? PM me if you think it's important for me to know. Otherwise I'll assume it's not really critical to the discussion.

On a related note, I just discovered there are 26 incarnations of rides using this exact track design (designed by Vekoma, by the way). I got a kick out of the fact that one of them is actually called, "Merlin's Revenge". It's at the Castle Amusement Park in Riverside, CA. :lol:

Tim G

Merlin said:
I just re-read his post and he said he HAD the drawings, not just that he'd SEEN them. My mistake for not reading it more carefully the first time. Okay so this proves what? He's an Imagineer who was somehow involved with the themeing of the area surrounding the coaster? He bought the drawings off of eBay? PM me if you think it's important for me to know. Otherwise I'll assume it's not really critical to the discussion.

On a related note, I just discovered there are 26 incarnations of rides using this exact track design (designed by Vekoma, by the way). I got a kick out of the fact that one of them is actually called, "Merlin's Revenge". It's at the Castle Amusement Park in Riverside, CA. :lol:
DON'T offend me Merlin,
If you've got someting to say to me, say it! but not behind my back.
"PM me if you think it's important for me to know."=- Who the heck do you think you are... "If that's important to me to know" What on earth could be so important to YOU!!...

At least you created a nice place in my ignore list.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Corrus said:
DON'T offend me Merlin,
If you've got someting to say to me, say it! but not behind my back.
"PM me if you think it's important for me to know."=- Who the heck do you think you are... "If that's important to me to know" What on earth could be so important to YOU!!...

At least you created a nice place in my ignore list.

Whoa! Dude, chill! I wasn't attacking you. peter11435 was implying there's more than meets the eye and I thought perhaps he had some reason for thinking I needed to know that. He made it sound all hush hush, so I was telling him to PM me if it was that important (because clearly, he didn't want to say it in the public forum). That was all. Besides, how can I talk "behind your back" in a PUBLIC forum?? Not possible to do, right? Unless of course you have me on your ignore list I guess.

Anyway, are we calm now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom