The big ? Everest v's The Mummy which one wins?

Glasgow

I think chocolate is better than aluminum foil. That is a comparison but it doesn't make much sense since they aren't closely related. That's the point - you can compare the two rides but you can't really quantify the difference since they aren't the exact same types of ride, IMO.

Anyway, hope EE is open to the public in 3 weeks when I'm there!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Glasgow said:
I think chocolate is better than aluminum foil.
ahhh

your making my teeth hurt with the aluminum foil comment..... assuming you have felt the strange sensation that aluminum foil makes on your teeth... the result of a hersey kiss gone wrong

good luck in 3 weeks

TimeTrip

pilka214 said:
ok well i havent been on E:E yet. but IMO i have to say that this really comes down to the way disney builds rides and the way universal builds theres. universal trys more to thrill you, not trying to immerse you in the enviroment and such. it's the way i think both of them have been for years. but that's my 2 cents.

I snipped a few lines specific to the Mummy and E:E. Be careful when making blanket statements about how Disney builds rides. Think primeval whirl...

Glasgow

I can't help but think about Billy Madison when I read this thread :

"Shampoo is better. I go on first and clean the hair. Conditioner is better. I leave the hair silky and smooth. Oh, really, fool? Really."

:)

Tim G

canada1414 said:
Does anyone have the video for ROTM? I would like to see it. But Im sure if I had to pick, I would go with everest.
But I wouldn't place bets if I were you... :lookaroun

goofyfan13

Glasgow said:
I can't help but think about Billy Madison when I read this thread :

"Shampoo is better. I go on first and clean the hair. Conditioner is better. I leave the hair silky and smooth. Oh, really, fool? Really."

:)

What are you looking at swan?!?!

:lol: :lookaroun

Tim G

TimeTrip said:
I snipped a few lines specific to the Mummy and E:E. Be careful when making blanket statements about how Disney builds rides. Think primeval whirl...
Not Build by disney... it's about the only ride ever that came pre-constructed...

EpcotServo

Jose Eber said:
I just wonder what would happen if the 2nd rotational track wouldn't rotate and they let the car go after the yeti video...wouldn't it bottom out somewhere in the mountain or something? Is there a walkway there?

I'm curious.
It's just wouldn't go. It'd be like an E-Stop I think.

JT3000

Corrus said:
Not Build by disney... it's about the only ride ever that came pre-constructed...

Not true at all. And it's been a long time since Disney personally built a large percentage of their big rides.

peter11435

JT3000 said:
Not true at all. And it's been a long time since Disney personally built a large percentage of their big rides.
Corrus knows what he is talking about if you know what I mean. He was just pointing out that PW is one of the few off the shelf rides built by Disney. Nearly all Disney rides even back in Walts era were built with some outside help however for the most part they were and still are designed by WDI.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
JT3000 said:

I'm reasonably certain Walt didn't "personally" build any of them. He likely had input... Oh wait... You mean the company!?!?

:lookaroun :p :lookaroun :lol:

maxime29

Premium Member
JT3000 said:

Just to let you know, Corrus knows what he is talking about 100% of the time. :dazzle:

stingrock23

The problem is that since this is a Disney thread, probably 90-95% of people will say Everest is better. Now while I do think Everest will be better(simply because they have similar elements, but Everest should be a little longer), not many people will give Mummy a chance. I haven't experienced either. I will finally be able to in a few months, so i'll get to have my first experience on each within a short time period. All i know is that I plan to enjoy them both.

TimeTrip

BGT420 said:
40 million for the mummy, and a mere 100 million for Everest.

Interesting to use those numbers to reinforce that Disney is better. Some might look at Mummy and be impressed that they managed to do that much with that little. To each his own :)

JT3000

BGT420 said:
While I havent ridden EE yet(OH YEAH NEXT WEEK) I can say by watching the video that EE is going to blow the Mummy away as an overall better themepark attraction, it just goes to show that anything universal can do, disney can do better. Example 199ft tall mountain or 75ft tall soundstage to be used to create a rollercoaster with a story. 40 million for the mummy, and a mere 100 million for Everest. Disney is just willing to take that extra step where as universal falls face first in this battle. Well thats what you get for cutting corners in your rides(treasure room nuff said):brick:

Wow, biased much? Firstly, you can't say anything just by watching the video. It's foolish and jumping to blind conclusions just because you think Disney can do no wrong. Actually EXPERIENCE both attractions before assuming. Secondly, the fact that Universal made Mummy with less than half the budget of Everest says something, and it isn't something good in regards to Everest.

Snapper Bean

1. I just got back from a weekend at Universal and enjoyed the Mummy Coaster quite a bit. Let's just say that given Disney had both a larger budget and less size constraints, if E:E is not a significantly better experience than Mummy, then that would be a "loss" for Disney.

2. Sad to say, I'm not sure that spending significant money in developing a extensive "backstory" which is only understood if you spend a chunk of time in the queue, is "worth it" from a theme park perspective. The vast, vast majority of the public is going to judge the attraction merely from what is experience once the lap bar drops.

Snapper Bean

peter11435

Snapper Bean said:
2. Sad to say, I'm not sure that spending significant money in developing a extensive "backstory" which is only understood if you spend a chunk of time in the queue, is "worth it" from a theme park perspective. The vast, vast majority of the public is going to judge the attraction merely from what is experience once the lap bar drops.

Snapper Bean
I think the story is very easy to follow even without the queue. I think it follows in the tradition of some of the old Disney classics, where the story isn't spelled out for (Dinosaur) but requires you to use your imagination like on BTMRR, and Space Mountain. I mean come on, its pretty simple. You are going to the top of Mount Everest to investigate the existince of the mysterious Yeti. You come across signs of the beast, and are quickly thrown into a situation where you are essentially trying to get down the mountain and out of his reach before he gets you. The outstanding queue just makes it that much better.

SirGoofy

JT3000 said:
Wow, biased much? Firstly, you can't say anything just by watching the video. It's foolish and jumping to blind conclusions just because you think Disney can do no wrong. Actually EXPERIENCE both attractions before assuming. Secondly, the fact that Universal made Mummy with less than half the budget of Everest says something, and it isn't something good in regards to Everest.

While Mummy did have half the budget, you have to remember one thing: the mountain. mummy was built in an existing building, whereas Everest had to be built from sratch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom