The Best Animatronic in all of Disney...your call!

Glasgow

Actually, imagineer boy provided the answer to your question (about S.I.R.). I was just making a joke :)

S.I.R is just the name of the robot from AE tho, not a whole breed of bots

tnemgif

Next year (or earlier:animwink: ) the Yeti should be coming to this list but for now I agree with Figment Friend, the original figment

General Grizz

Figments Friend said:
I want to see him in action SO BAD...but everytime i go to the MK "Timekeeper" is ALWAYS closed!!

I have tried for the past 5 years to see that show....i go to the Parks "off season" so this may have a lot to do with it.....but i hope i get to see him live before the attraction is closed for good

Grizz, what is the latest on "Timekeeper"? Is it open, is it staying open, or is it closing in the Fall for good? I plan on hitting MK again in early September and it would be wonderful to FINALLY see this long-missed show! I have NEVER seen it and i know i am missing something mindblowing!
Not too sure there... he's still there, and I have a feeling the show may be once again open sometime this summer for the season. I do know, however, that WDI is looking to replace it as part of their "five year plan."

Zed

Chief Joseph from The American Adventure at Epcot is my favorite AA, followed by Stitch, Timekeeper, and the entire cast of The Mickey Mouse Revue.

CTXRover

Lucky is my choice for the best AA. I haven't seen him in person yet, but I've seen the videos and he is one awesome AA. However, since Lucky has plans to visit the other parks around the world after July, my vote for best WDW AA would have to be Stitch. Like or hate the show, there's no denying that's one incredible AA.

General Grizz

Zed said:
Chief Joseph from The American Adventure at Epcot is my favorite AA, followed by Stitch, Timekeeper, and the entire cast of The Mickey Mouse Revue.
Oh wow.. I never thought of American Adventure. Now THOSE are some great AAs...

And Stitch is pretty darn cool.

stitchlvr

I have not seen Stitch or Lucky yet, but the one that impressed me the most (technically) is Hopper, from Its Tough to be a Bug.

imagineersrock

Oh yeah, Hopper! Thats a good one!

Biggest impression on me, though, would have to be 1.) The Wicked Witch from GMR... 2.) (Origional) S.I.R. and 3.) Just about the entire cast of the American Adventure.

Also, dispite hating the show itself, I must admit that Stitch is one incredible AA.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
AGREE!! I forgot about Hopper...he is so amazing!

It's a darn shame they did'nt use him more...or at least let him have a larger part in the show. I always thought his appearence was far too short. It would have been better ( for me as a AA Fan) to have him do some sort of interactive routine with the screened images instead of just the quick comments and brief appearence he makes in the show.

"Country Bears" is my all-time favorite AA show

The Original ( and ONLY!) Journey Into Imagination was my all-time favorite ride thru attractions with AA's.

Wow, i miss that ride badly!

stitchlvr

I too, agree that Hopper could have been used more in the show. He is very advanced technically compared to the others.

My favorite animatronic ride is Splash Mountain. :lol: :lol: :lol:

dmmgp2000

Does Donald's rear-end count? I think his little feathered at the end of Philharmagic is not only a wonderful technological achievement, but also by far the funniest AA ever.

DigitalDisney

- Alec-tronic. That guy was fluid and cool
- Roy Rogers from AA. Name another AA that can twirl a rope
- The bouncing Brer Rabbit AA from Splash Mtn....When he decides to work
- Buzz in his ride's queue
- As much as I hate her, the Ellen AA is pretty cool
- Just about anything from GMR is a cut above the rest
- The 2nd encounter with the Carnotaurus in Dinosaur is neat-o

PirateStagehand

Love him or hate him Stitch is amazing. He and the guns both are really fluid. I actually had to explain to my father (a retired mechanical engineer) that it wasn't a little person in a suit but a computer controlled AA.
I do like the small things about the movements of the Presidents. The little twitches and tweaks that they all do and the way the heads all follow the action is nice...a great deal of realism and forethought.

Kisser

Iago!!!!!!!

Hello there,

It's been 2 years since I last wetn to WDW, but at the time the best AAs by far were Iago and the "goddess of disaster" - sorry, forgot her name - from the new Tiki Room Under New Management show.

Anyone agree?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom